Factory spec rear beam questions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory spec rear beam questions?
Guys,

Currently restoring a beam to go onto my Rallye. Looking to make it absolutely OEM spec.

Ow, I know the beam tube on the sports models was yellow, with the torsion bars Red, both being a powder coated finish. Does anyone know the actual colour codes before I go and ask Peugeot themselves?

The real questions lie in what was the finish on the rest of the beam parts? The trailing arms, the brackets that hold the beam mounts and all the little plates, clips etc. Pretty much everything in this photo...

[Image: IMAG2243_zpsvqgrjpi6.jpg]

I know the 4 large nuts and bolts were a yellow zinc passivate finish. I'd suspect that the small plates and brake line clips were likely of the same finish but need to be certain. Gone a bit OEM mad on the Rallye restoration so really want it to be right. I've a pair of NOS disc back plates to go on as well. I'd just like it all to be right.

So, any ideas on factory finish or any pics anyone has of a complete factory beam in as new condition? Google didn't come up with much....
Thanks given by:
Google didn't come up with much because most aren't that anal Wink
Seriously though, I doubt Peugeot would know the codes. They were just painted different colours probably for easy identification. Just do it bright red and yellow like everyone else.

[Image: IMG_3573_zpsvsv2jjrs.jpg]
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall,

Thanks. Yes, I know I'm being a bit anal but why not?!
Thanks given by:
Yeah fair play. Most wouldn't! But I'm just saying because most don't, I don't think you'll ever get the original colour codes
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
they weren't powdercoat, just a matt finish paint on the tube snd most bars, bare arms and galv brackets.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Mei,

That's brilliant information. Thank you very much.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,310 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,391 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,492 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK