turbo question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbo question
Not 306 question but diesel knowhow good on here 

Got a 1.6 hdi Berlin go van had fooked turbo lots play shaft total gone was a td02 so cute lol. I had a turbo from a 1.6 hdi 307 was bigger gt1544v but bolted on no problem. So ran great boosted again for a grand total 5 mins if that turbine total smashed I'm lost ????? I test ran it with no inlet filter pipe work I'm I extremely unlucky and sucked something in do you think 

Waste gates were different would this be a problem 

Must be a record for killing a turbo

Thanks
Thanks given by:
What vane control was in place (if any)...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Wel lol. Did u check to make sure the turbo was defo getting oil . And that there was no oil or crap in the intercooler hoses :-) if not that wats happened
Thanks given by:
The 1.6 is notorious for eating turbos, did you do all the checks including measuring the rate of oil flow from the turbo oil feed, removing the sump etc?
http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/technical...ochargers/
Thanks given by:
It was getting oil it's everywhere lol tbh got the van to replace my 1.9 plan was to put 1.9 engine in because I'm told these engines are a pain in ass. but the 306 is now broke aswell so was trying a quick fix so I could use it for now

Vane control not something I know a lot about ecu works this I thought ??

Having no luck with car this month
Thanks given by:
Wasn't the original van TD02 turbo a wastegated variant? Is the van a 90bhp model?
Thanks given by:
its not about it getting oil its about it getting exactly the correct amount of oil, hence the long and drawn out procedure that must be followed
Thanks given by:
So do you think I have killed the turbo because it's wrong kind don't really understand vnt. Thinking going to try one more time and find right turbo the tdo2 but don't want to just kill other

I'm I right in thinking basically if the turbo gets oil and not running mad boost it should stay alive more than minutes lol

Can't think what killed it had oik and oil pressure
Thanks given by:
To start with you can't fit the vnt style turbo on the 90 bhp the 90bhp is vacuum controlled but it's a wast gate version, to make the vnt turbo work on the 90bhp would require remapping and when I looked in to it, it wasn't cheap.

Did you change the oil line when using different turbo? As I'm sure there different between turbos.

It'll be the controlling thing that has killed it, if it definitely had oil going to it, but there's a lot of things your supposed to do on them before fitting new turbos like remove sump make sure it's not sludged up etc I've done it all on my wife's Picasso....... Twice...... First cheap turbo lasted 700 mile, after spending £300 on a new one it's been perfect ever since.

Thanks given by:
with no control, cold thick oil, revving it to check boost etc...

a vnt will just destroy itself, big boost, 250k rpm... bang!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Say the oil was nice and clean and I fitted this turbo and there was no/little play i thought a vnt turbo would work just not to its best

I had the vacuum pipe from the solenoid connected that went to the td02 so what are the actuators doing different that makes it go bang

Just amazing how it self destructed so fast it has only destroyed the cold side that why I thought I suck something in

Thanks
Thanks given by:
the VNT wasnt working, its over sped and ate itself apart, they dont tend to like 300krpm which is possible without control!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Punto Turbo question Carlos182 4 1,092 10-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Last Post: silverzx