Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily
You want cheap trailer? £50 cheap enough? Talk to me.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I've been sniping for something sub £10 on ebay since before I bought the tow bar (or before I bought the car TBH) they do occasionally go for that but not close to home.

That said what you got and pics?
Thanks given by:
Take some pics and measurements soon for you, it's in a garage a few miles away.
Just got in and CBA right now.
Could be cheaper I suppose. It's in the way.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
So the 106 is dead, it was far far too rusty to pass an MOT without days of welding but I've kept the engine which will be getting the turbo nailed on before going into a cleaner shell.

Thanks given by:
Your neighbours must really hate you with the amount of cars you cut up
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The real question is why you wore shorts to spring action day when it was cold yet on the hottest week of the year you're in full length jeans!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
How do you get on with scraping them like that in all them bits I thought you needed a destruction notice from an authorised scrap yard?

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 11:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: How do you get on with scraping them like that in all them bits I thought you needed a destruction notice from an authorised  scrap yard?

Just chuck the slam panel complete with vin No' on the top and hey presto!

Also if theres no fluids (no engine/box / fuel tank) too de-pollute then it gets classed as light iron therefore a better price Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 09:32 PM)Orta Wrote: The real question is why you wore shorts to spring action day when it was cold yet on the hottest week of the year you're in full length jeans!!

So that you dont end up with bits of burnt metal / cuts all over your legs!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2015, 06:58 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 11:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: How do you get on with scraping them like that in all them bits I thought you needed a destruction notice from an authorised  scrap yard?

Also if theres no fluids (no engine/box / fuel tank) too de-pollute then it gets classed as light iron therefore a better price Smile

Oh think the zx might get the same treatment then Smile

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 09:23 PM)Niall Wrote: Your neighbours must really hate you with the amount of cars you cut up

I waited till they were all out at work cos I'm nice like that. I think they are happy it's not just sitting around on the floor but one has no right to complain as he has had a scrap Punto sitting in the car park for a year.

(04-07-2015, 07:50 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 09:32 PM)Orta Wrote: The real question is why you wore shorts to spring action day when it was cold yet on the hottest week of the year you're in full length jeans!!

So that you dont end up with bits of burnt metal / cuts all over your legs!
Yeah this. From cutting the front cross member the day before in shorts I had to wear jeans, I almost wore a long sleeve top and dust mask and TBH I wish I had as my forearms were almost black and the shit I've been blowing out of my nose is black too. Decent protection is especially important with the 9" as it throws shit alot harder and alot further, notice ear protection, goggles and safety boost too.

(04-07-2015, 08:30 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 06:58 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Oh think the zx might get the same treatment then Smile

Check with your local yard. 
Mine have refused to issue a COD as I destroyed it, not them. 
I'm just gonna send the V5 back to the DVLA with the pics of it stripped and cut up and if they don't like it then they can poke it.
Thanks given by:
In our yard aslong as it all comes in at once and has an identifiable chassis number we are happy to write the COD as its obviously still registered to someone. Also the law states we have to take valid (in date) recognised photocard identification (so a driving licence or passport)

If there are any issues at all with the vehicle / scrap remains its all fully traceable to whoever brought it in for scrap and who we paid for it and the matter gets taken out of our hands Smile happy days!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

what I did with the GTA shell, was remove the vin plate and put the car on a sorn, told the lads it was a donor car, and it was already scrapped. They were going to bail it anyway.

Christ dum dum, you don't hang about dismantling it did you! what was rotting on it?
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2015, 11:46 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: In our yard aslong as it all comes in at once and has an identifiable chassis number we are happy to write the COD as its obviously still registered to someone. Also the law states we have to take valid (in date) recognised photocard identification (so a driving licence or passport)

If there are any issues at all with the vehicle / scrap remains its all fully traceable to whoever brought it in for scrap and who we paid for it and the matter gets taken out of our hands Smile happy days!

My local yard is really good, they have my photo on file from scanning my driving licence so as soon as the ANPR has the plate they see it's me and you walk in the office and get "Hello Chris". They also have my bank account details on file so I don't need to even take my wallet anymore, really is brilliant.

(04-07-2015, 02:02 PM)procta Wrote: Christ dum dum, you don't hang about dismantling it did you! what was rotting on it?

Rear floor where it met the quarters both sides, offside c pillar, both horizontal box sections that the beam mounts to, where the floor meets to  go up over the fuel tank both sides, around the ariel, both front bumper mounts, both front inner wings, offside chassis rail (not sill) front floor both sides and front wheel arch into offside foot well.

That's all I can remember for now.
Thanks given by:
how come these go like that? I know rover metros are worse for the boot floors, floor pans and sills. But that was due to the poor rust treatment. I would have thought these were miles better!
Thanks given by:
The metal feels very thin everywhere, it really is tin foil, the grinder was scything through it much faster than it would a 306.
Thanks given by:
what are the plans then? are you going to build another 106?
Thanks given by:
Something less rusty lol, no more buying blind off ebay.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2015, 02:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Something less rusty lol, no more buying blind off ebay.

Something you never really check do you, the floors. I should have really checked this one, as it should have failed before I bought it really, looking back on the mot history!
Thanks given by:
Just seen this you could bolt your turbo to it Wink

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...7024850749

Thanks given by:
LOL, I'd rather have syphilis than a metro.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 04:23 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Just seen this you could bolt your turbo to it Wink

Awh if that was down the road I'd have that lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 04:23 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Just seen this you could bolt your turbo to it Wink

very rare R115 metros are! the rads are extinct!

(05-07-2015, 05:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: LOL, I'd rather have syphilis than a metro.

Dum Dum, have you drove a metro? if not don't bad mouth them.

(05-07-2015, 05:58 PM)lolsteve Wrote:

Awh if that was down the road I'd have that lol

you leave the metros to me!!
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 06:22 PM)procta Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 05:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: LOL, I'd rather have syphilis than a metro.

Yep, I have, it was the most appalling car I'd ever driven.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 06:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 06:22 PM)procta Wrote:

Yep, I have, it was the most appalling car I'd ever driven.

ok that's fare play Rofl
Thanks given by:
Can't be that brilliant if they're mincing over giving you a COD... But a covering letter and some pictures to the dvla should do the job, worked for me when i scrapped the cabby.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: