strange noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange noise
Brick 
Having a strange vibration or resonance when the engine gets hot. Thought it was PAS pump but it's not, then thought it might be the ally crank aux pulley coming loose. Again doesn't seem to be it. Can hear it loudly in the cabin but hardly at all in the engine bay. Very strange. 

Linked to revs (you hear it as engine revs fall) and nothing to do with transmission
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Got a video at all?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Will try to do one later. I've bolt checked everything, just wondering if it's clutch related as the bearing seems to be noisy (it's weeks old annoyingly).

I guess the sprint tomorrow and/or a track day next week will answer my concerns about it. Waiting for the bang as usual Wink
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Noise go when you put pressure on the clutch pedal at all or go when clutch fully depressed?
Thanks given by:
Does it whatever happens with the clutch. Except it hasn't today. Drove it like a complete arse as well, properly hard for a few miles (as fast as I go on road anyway). Tomorrow should be fun - 4x Clio 172s in my class Wink
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Shot water pump bearings perhaps. I had this and sounded like a dry camshaft, was awful. It was a brand new pump from Peugeot too, had 2 that did it. Shocking. Screwdriver on the pulley..
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strange noise Sian 24 4,380 11-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Sian