Pressed plate stick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressed plate stick
So just fitted my plates and while the rear is nice and straight and stuck well with the supplied sticky pads , the front is more curved and therefore having a harder time of it. Would rather it didnt fall off so would something like this be good?
Like the idea of being able to take it back off and retry if it's on the piss etc 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-DUAL-LOCK-H...2c9b66c831
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
If the bumper is curved, bend the plate to shape then you can stick it on easily.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What the gaffa said ^^^^^^ Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'd get plate surrounds :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I use the pads in your link & they are awesome.

They're not like normal Velcro, both sides are the same & they sort of 'crunch' and interlock. Like shit to a blanket.

My front bumper is really curved, I just bent the plate slightly & put it on, comes off easily for cleaning but holds really well. Well worth buying.
Thanks given by:
Okay ive tried various methods,

the stick pads wont cut it and even in sunshine the plate will slide off. This happened on the rear of mine so its going to do FA on the front.
Number plate surrounds you still have the problem of the surrounds and the plates bending. I screwed the surrounds in and then put the plate in. A rock was flicked up by another car and shattered the surround and i lost the plate.
finally i just screwed it in and its been perfect ever since.

Try the velcro ones and if that fails then screw it in.
Thanks given by:
Those ones you've linked will work, trust me.

You do have to bend the plate into roughly the right shape of course though, just bend it gradually dont smack it over your knee or it'll bend badly and look shite.

All I'd say is when you first fit them, lock them together, stick them onto the plate, then stick them to the car. Don't try and stick one to the car, one to the plate and try and line them up... once you've fitted them, don't remove them for as long as you can as you often find with these that the velcro/locking part is stronger than the sticky pad! I left mine a couple of weeks and now take them off every time I clean the car and have had no issues, really pleased with them.
Thanks given by:
I'll try the velcro pads then Smile thanks jj . Are they very thick? As in will it push the plate out far ?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2015, 09:04 AM)lolsteve Wrote: I'll try the velcro pads then Smile thanks jj . Are they very thick? As in will it push the plate out far ?

Not a great deal, they're obviously a little thicker than sticky pads as there's two of them that lock together, but nothing major.
Thanks given by:
I tried bending and all sorts. Ended up going for plate surrounds haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Never had a problem with sticky pads myself, always properly degrease and scrub with washing up liquid first though, they grab hold perfectly then Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Halfords double sided foam tape, bent the plate slightly and its fine.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just drilled through the plate and screwed it on Big Grin got some white caps and have never looked back lol Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
What Ian said, slight bend and Harris number plate tape from halfords. Mines on there absolutely solid
[attachment=23711]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom gear stick setup? DrewHughes 11 2,474 11-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Pressed plates Craigus 6 1,432 25-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Gear stick sherman306 0 711 27-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Last Post: sherman306