Roller bearing wishbone issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roller bearing wishbone issues
Running the lynx engineering rollerbearing setup on my estate and on the journey home the passanger side has developed alot of excessive play. Ive fully maintained and kept these greased but looks like there now dieing. I will have been the third owner of these now and theyve been on my car for just over a year aswell as serving a long time on an s16 before me.

Just wondering if anyone else has experieced problems like these? Checked all bolts and is deffinatley the bearings at fault. Popped lynx an email last night asking if they do a replacement bearing kit so guess time will tell.
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Find out the number on the bearings and go looking elsewhere
Thanks given by:
They don't last as long as conventional bushes. Personally on a road car I don't think they are worth it. Lots of maintenance, cost a fair bit to replace the bearings when they fail.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 06:26 AM)Niall Wrote: They don't last as long as conventional bushes. Personally on a road car I don't think they are worth it. Lots of maintenance, cost a fair bit to replace the bearings when they fail.
Tbf these havnt done to bad, ran them a year myself. Originally bought these 2nd hand off aggy who ran them on an s16 before me for about a year and he actually bought them 2nd hand too so cant complain Smile

Cant an email back from lynx engineering. Been supplied the part numbers aswell as being advised to replace the pbush sleeves. All in to completley rebuild these its gonna cost me £64 which i think is more than reasonable
[Image: 506665a593260da7d4ee49686c1182eb.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
o.e.m bushes ftw :/
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 10:13 PM)welshpug Wrote: o.e.m bushes ftw :/
Ran meyle hd but scared me shitless when the pbush frame snapped

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rich w roller bearing wishbone grease nipple size Paul_13 1 1,070 31-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Last Post: rryan