heater blowers stopped working ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heater blowers stopped working ?
Got in the car after work and my blowers wouldnt come on,
Could this be the relay ??
Thanks given by:
Could be. Could also be the switch motor fuse. Various things. I've had two motors die on me and a rheostat. Check if you get a live at the motor under the glove box with a test light.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If it can be work after got some vibration may be your stator brushes almost or already worn out.

Or maybe loosen of the connector under the glovebox portion.

For my 6, I found the blower didn't operate from the fusebox connector damage.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Yeh nice one al give it a goo,
anychance it could be the fuse ??
Thanks given by:
Where is the rheostat on a gti6? I thought they ran the blower control from a potentiometer switch? Only reason I ask is my blower cuts in and out as it pleases and lots of people have said rheostat but no one can find it.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 07:09 AM)aaron6 Wrote: Where is the rheostat on a gti6? I thought they ran the blower control from a potentiometer switch? Only reason I ask is my blower cuts in and out as it pleases and lots of people have said rheostat but no one can find it.

The GTi is all controlled from the panel on the dash. Its only the non AC models that had a rheostat which IIRC is behind the scuttle panel. If your fan is cutting in and out, its either a bad fan or bad connection i would imagine
Also, does it turn off completely? Even in the off position they should be spinning very slowly. If it just keeps slowing down, you probably need a new cabin air temp sensor. Same happened to mine when i first got it. Kept going from slow to full speed
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nah it just completely dies when it wishes. Which is more off than on now. The motor sounds fine when running. The ac etc still work so the relay is fine. May have to change the center dials again.

Thanks given by:
Ive got a spare set here i can bring to Pugfest if you want them?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yes please bud. How much you want for them?

Thanks given by:
You can have them. Only going in the bin otherwise. just send me a message the day before otherwise i will forget them! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will do fella. Ta very much. ☺

Thanks given by:
always been the green relay melting when i've had issues with the blower

that, and a good hoof to the base of the blower gets it going again too Idea
306 hdi 3dr moonstone
205 gti6 bare shell rebuild
m3 evolution coupe weekend hero
bmw x3 xdrive35d f25 313bhp nutter
Thanks given by:
The relay is good. Plus when it burns out and stops working the whole of the heater control panel don't work. The blower and ac etc. On mine the ac lights up and works, the temp control knob works, it's just the fan that won't behave.

Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 12:18 PM)aaron6 Wrote: The relay is good. Plus when it burns out and stops working the whole of the heater control panel don't work. The blower and ac etc. On mine the ac lights up and works, the temp control knob works, it's just the fan that won't behave.
None of the heater works, The A/C light illuminates but nothing runs. Wher can I find the Green relay please, give that a try as the windows mist up in seconds. I forgot to mention mine is a 306 XL Hdi 1999. Thanks in advance.
David L
Thanks given by:
Yeh I changed my relay and checked the fuse but they still don't work
Thanks given by:
jjen20 maybe if you can use a multimeter or a test lamp to see if you have 12 volts to the heater motor plug if you have change the motor if you havnt got 12 volts the fault maybe the panel switch etc.
Thanks given by:
I took my blower out today and tested it on the battery and it works, I'm not getting any power to the connection what plugs into the blower, what can this be ??

I bought Adams 2.0 xsi and that has the same problem.
Thanks given by:
panel switch maybe test next see if it has 12 volts to it what year and phase is the 306 as some have resistor packs too but i would of thought the motor would run on 1 setting at least
Thanks given by:
Its a v reg, Is the panel switch the controls on the center of the dash ?
Because iv tried a new one of these and that didn't work, there's no power going to the connection what plugs into the blower.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2015, 01:09 PM)David L Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 12:18 PM)aaron6 Wrote: The relay is good. Plus when it burns out and stops working the whole of the heater control panel don't work. The blower and ac etc. On mine the ac lights up and works, the temp control knob works, it's just the fan that won't behave.
None of the heater works, The A/C light illuminates but nothing runs. Wher can I find the Green relay please, give that a try as the windows mist up in seconds. I forgot to mention mine is a 306 XL Hdi 1999. Thanks in advance.
David L
Windows misting up in seconds would point me to the heater matrix!
The green relays are to the right below the steering wheel behind the little fuse panel cover!
Thanks given by: