Building Cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building Cars
Well..... not a real car obviously, i never really have time to spare these days even if i wanted to, and then there's the money... i'd rather spend someone else's, LOL

this is what i've spent the last 6 or so weeks making at the theatre, i was asked (surprisingly nicely) if i would create a 'prop' for grease, and having been told later that they infact wanted me to make the car...... well i jumped on that straight away.

so if anyone is interested, these are the pics of the build sofar, or a few of them at least showing the important build steps, there are more, and will be more as the build progresses

[attachment=23291]

[attachment=23292]

[attachment=23293]

[attachment=23294]

[attachment=23295]

[attachment=23296]

[attachment=23297]

[attachment=23298]

[attachment=23299]

[attachment=23300]

Big Grin
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
That looks f*cking ace mate Smile good build...what bhp and top speed is it pushing now its that uber light Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Automatic? Systematic? Hydromatic? Itwasntme

Looks good, wouldn't have a clue where to start with something like this myself! lol
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2015, 08:27 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Automatic? Systematic?  Hydromatic? Itwasntme

Looks good, wouldn't have a clue where to start with something like this myself! lol

youve watched grease? I cant imagine this.... surely you thought that everyone was hysterical and nobody could possibly be having such a fun time?

Anyway. Thought it was going to be terrible when i saw the first photos but the last ones are amazing. Good work!
Thanks given by:
I haven't watched it tbf, just know a few quotes as my sister likes that kinda thing.

Can't stand films where people burst into song myself...no-one should be that happy, just glad it doesn't happen in real life. lol
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2015, 09:28 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I haven't watched it tbf, just know a few quotes as my sister likes that kinda thing.

Can't stand films where people burst into song myself...no-one should be that happy, just glad it doesn't happen in real life. lol

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. Seems like you have a grudge against happy people... you need to let it go.... Do you not feel the need to dance when you hear the sound of music? Or do you think its only rsevered for high society? At the end of the day we are only guys and dolls so if you want to stay Bugsy Malone for the rest of your life, with no fame then im afraid its going to be a hard days night. FYI Gentlemen prefer blondes so better break out the hairspray my fair lady and all that jazz if you want to become someones dream girl. Then everyone says i love you. If you want 8 women youve got to think about the commitments. Or you could just be a fiddler on the roof. 
Thanks given by:
lol Very good. Tongue
Thanks given by:
looks ACE!

why are the front seats facing the wrong way though!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks incredible dude, cant wait to see it done and loving the front camber.

Are they 306 steels spun round?
Thanks given by:
that looks really good!
Thanks given by:
You could have put cats in there and maybe west side story somehow Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Tom will love the MPG mind!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, it's been another long slog of a job today, and pics will be up assuming the phone / potato i take pictures with decides to play ball

piggy the seats are the wrong way round because it has to double as the american diner on the reverse.... no space for extra flats or stage work so i was stuck with it, that and the dimensions of the thing, the opening behind the car you can see is the arch to backstage, and is 2 inches wider than the car.... and the room it lives in is about that much longer than it...lol

the main problem for me is that once the show is done with it has to be taken apart.... into tiny bits, cos all the openings to the backstage area are about 6 inch narrower than the car... Sad

highwayman - about 1bhp and max speed of however fast you cn push it lol, it weighs about half a ton at this point

oh and yes, 306 steel on the back, and some random one i found in the alley behind my parents place, thin it's a 406 one... the tyre is huge compared Smile

[attachment=23310]

first paint on.... chrome bumpers are a lot shinier in person, camera makes them look shit,
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmx bike building Matt 7 1,650 18-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Matt