Project FCS peugeot partner xud9 engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project FCS peugeot partner xud9 engine
Bought this 2 weeks or so ago as a little project to bring upto FCS if I can get it finished for then. 

1999 s reg peugeot partner 1.9d (currently dw8 engine) with a snapped cam.
Overall a tidy shell for the year and I like the colour!
144k on the clock and still 11 months mot.

So here it is for the massive sum of £150
Thanks given by:
Looks clean chap. Nice to see a non white one for a change. Would defo do this to a van if I had one.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So I thought I would get my old sedan engine off the rack at work ready for a rebuild before being fitted Smile

(16-05-2015, 06:19 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks clean chap. Nice to see a non white one for a change. Would defo do this to a van if I had one.

Thanks mate, yeah it is clean especially for year, and when I saw it I knew I had to buy it purely because of the condition and colour.
Plus it was a steel at £150 with the cyclones already fitted aswell.

Thanks given by:
So over the last week or so I've been doing bits and bobs to the engine to get it ready for putting in this weekend.
Anyway over this last week I have fitted a new valeo clutch, timing belt kit and water pump, Auxillery belt,  cam and crank seals have been replaced, new head gasket and thermostat, genuine peugeot rocker cover gasket and vacuum pump seals. So hopefully have no leaks from those.
Also changed the gearbox driveshaft seals, and a few other bits and pieces.

Managed to source a fair priced 9mm gov'd bosch pump setup, non egr inlet manifold and a t2 turbo which has recently been refurbished all for a decent price, so that will put me on for now.

Anyway here's the engines all built back up ready to go in, barring the front timing belt cover and intercooler etc.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a decent simple project!
Thanks given by:
Should be an awesome project Smile needs slamming Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys Smile 
Anyway time to make a start on it this morning... So this is the first job....
Thanks given by:
Few hours down the line... Old engines out... New engines in with most things plumbed / connected up

Old engine ready for scrap pile Smile
Thanks given by:
Great work,looks good on clones
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 12:57 PM)7057sam Wrote: Great work,looks good on clones

Thanks bud, not sure if to refurb the wheels grey or buy my mates grey challengers. I think either would look nice.

Small update... shes all up and running now, ran upto temperature. No water or oil leaks, coolant system all bled up with nice warm heaters, just need to sort an exhaust out now Smile 
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 02:01 PM)Jamieh2013 Wrote:
(18-05-2015, 12:57 PM)7057sam Wrote: Great work,looks good on clones

Thanks bud, not sure if to refurb the wheels grey or buy my mates grey challengers. I think either would look nice.

Small update... shes all up and running now, ran upto temperature. No water or oil leaks, coolant system all bled up with nice warm heaters, just need to sort an exhaust out now Smile 

Straight throw side exit mate lol
Thanks given by:
Quick progress mate.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 04:28 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Quick progress mate.

yeah, needed / wanted it done over the weekend. Still lots of bits and bobs to sort out but the engine swap was simple and hassle free barring having some issues with passenger drive shaft..

But yeah need to now sort qn exhaust, wheels, new brakes and front arms / p bushes and then lower it.
Thanks given by:
IMO clones look great in silver on that.
Van looks smart.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
All back together, ran upto temperature and all heating system bled up, no leaks anywhere, time to make a start on the other things now Tongue
Thanks given by:
No messing around here.

Nice to see.
Thanks given by:
Gave it a quick wash today as it was covered in dust and crap, now onto the lowering... can I use berlingo legs and fit 306 lowering springs to them... Or do I use 306 springs and starts with the partner strut top? Or If I was to use coilovers... I'm guessing I would use 306 coilovers and partner strut tops?
Any advice would be helpful Smile
Thanks given by:
306 and partner stuff is the same.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2015, 12:30 PM)welshpug Wrote: 306 and partner stuff is the same.

The strut tops aren't though? They look different.
Thanks given by:
Strut tops are same as 206
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure I used 306 strut tops in my Partner, Bought the coilovers second hand and they came out of a 306 anyway! Good work great little vans these. Side exit out of the rear bumpers easy to do that's what I did with mine.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2015, 06:31 AM)Pete Wrote: Pretty sure I used 306 strut tops in my Partner, Bought the coilovers second hand and they came out of a 306 anyway! Good work great little vans these. Side exit out of the rear bumpers easy to do that's what I did with mine.

Correct. Me and Scott fitted some lowered shocks and springs directly off of a 306 onto a Partner. No issues.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My one is new shape berlingo more based on a 206 but to be honest think they fit what ever way round. I have 206 coil overs on ma 6
Thanks given by:
Mk1 and MK2 berlingo share from the bulk head forward share the same subframe suspension engine mounts steering rack cooling system as thes 306 xsara and Zx. It has the rear beam of a 206/405

The only real difference I noticed was the strut tops were half an inch narrower. When I looked further into it on service box the Berlingo uses gti6 shocks up front and from what I remember the xsara vts quick rack at least mine did.

The berlingo also uses the same heater matrix blower housing as 306s im pretty confident you could even fit a 306 dash into these as the mountings points are the same.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Love it! I still really want to do this myself! So keep up the good work and inspire me to do it haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for replies
I have some 60mm lowering springs here on gti6 shocks and the strut top is defo different so I'll swap them over and use some new partner ones... Is it possible to use a 206 gti180 disc brake beam on these at all?
Thanks given by:
I would think the 206 axle would be not wide enough 
Thanks given by:
nope, its not a 206 axle, its a 405 axle, the heavier duty ones have 21.3mm torsion bars as standard.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
New wheels on...not managed to lower it yet because axles knackered! And having a few more issues with it at minute 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Axle is easy to lower/replace from what I've seen so crack on! Needs mega lows Smile new wheels look good mate
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 16v TU Petrol Project mr_fish 30 17,616 30-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI Project L2theK 11 5,627 04-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Last Post: L2theK
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 12,892 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug