Megane 230 R26 - detailing content

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megane 230 R26 - detailing content
Just upload a short project on this; more of a means to blog and record the progress, what progress there is, of the car

[Image: nE2BKKR.jpg]

[Image: ufkRcM8.jpg]

[Image: d06Nf2p.jpg]

[Image: z6VqAIK.jpg]

On 60,000 with 3 previous owners. Previous owner had it for 10 months before needing the cash for other things. He also had an amazing beach buggy
It's has had a visit to K-Tech Racing who fitted a KTR Induction kit and a KTR BOV. It sounds amazing, not too chavvy but withj the essence of turbo.
The usuall gubbins; 4 pot brembos, LSD, Trophy chassis, Xenons, Recaro seats, cruise control, electric windows (which were replaced 2 years ago i was glad to hear), electric mirrors and a DID have a full tank of fuel!
Drive home yesterday totalling about 100 miles and managed to use a third of a tank of fuel.

Plans are to just enjoy the car, give it a new set of tyres as the eco tyres on at the moment squeel and have no hold to them at all, give it a semi-decent detailing session, look at replacing the ICE and try keep it as nice as when I purchased it. 

Have had  detailing session today with meguiars wax. Total of about 3 hours worth of work, nothing too in depth but a bit of protection and ridding of the old tree sap reside left all over the car.

[Image: C1lwonW.jpg]

[Image: o9AOea3.jpg]

[Image: UGCLTKv.jpg]

It's by no means perfect and it's highlighted what needs doing next. There's a horrendous amount of tar specs down both sides which is going to take some time and effort to rectify so if anyone knows of any decent tar treatment products, i'd appreciate it.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
CSB.
NMD.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Looks shit, it's French so it will break, it's a wank colour and I don't like it

Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
just use autoglym tar and glue. spray it on the tar and leave it to soak. will get it off easy
Thanks given by:
Aha nice upgrade from the 6, I'm looking at getting one myself possibly this year, I drove matts dci Renault sport and was blown away by how well they drive so can only imagine what it's like with the extra oomph! 
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This one is THE one to have. Otherwise i wouldnt care too much.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 04:29 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Aha nice upgrade from the 6, I'm looking at getting one myself possibly this year, I drove matts dci Renault sport and was blown away by how well they drive so can only imagine what it's like with the extra oomph! 

Indeed. Impressive little cars for sure. 

They handle pretty incredibly. If you get the cup pack etc with the LSD, you can seriously attack some corners! I went for a spirited drive with my brother who was in a 530i, as close as they maybe, the cornering the megane is just unreal. Once you get to grips with the technology onboard, it's seriously impressive. 
Thanks given by:
Would you ever take it on track ??

Got to say liquid yellow is probably one of my favourite colours ever.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2015, 10:57 PM)7057sam Wrote: Would you ever take it on track ??

Got to say liquid yellow is probably one of my favourite colours ever.

I'd think so; once i'm confident with a setup. Bashing around B roads is really where it's at, torquey and handling well make a brilliant combo. It needs some new wheels, but yeh, probably not this year but next year, i'd definitely look at buying a helmet and track bits Smile

So, I contacted KTR to try and find out what the car has had done to it as the previous owner was unsure. I provided them with the names of all owners before and tracked down the parts it's had fitted. Its had a recirc blank plate, KTR dump valve and a KTR panel filter all in 2008. Matching up with the religious Renault service routine in the paperwork, the car was looked after! KTR suggested that the panel filter is nearing the end of its service and would probably need replacing soon, so i'll look into that.

Spent the bank holiday weekend detailing the car to some degree. New to detailing all round so after researching and reading around detailingworld  Speechless  , i set about firstly giving it a standard wash, nothing special, then set about de-tarring the car with Tardis tar remover. I bought a metal spray bottle to decant the fluid into, and applied with a wide spray, left to soak for a short time, then wiped with a clean micro-fibre cloth. Working on small patches at a time, it took me around 3-4 hours to do the whole car.

I then set about clay barring the car using Meguiars clay bar kit which included 2 clay bars, lube and a nice cloth. I managed to get the boot, rear quarters, bonnet and front bumper done, over 2 days taking about 7 hours or so. I'm going to clay bar the doors and rear bumper this weekend and aim to touch it all up again, then polish and protect with Meguiars polish; hand application then machine buffed. Not a fan of using machine to apply as i feel you can't apply it accurately enough. Personal preference.

Pictures are on my friends DSLR, being sent over this evening so i'll upload some pictures later.

I've entered a local car competition this weekend for "Best Paint", hence the time being put into the detailing at the moment.

C&C welcomed 
Thanks given by:
[Image: qaAVBFe.jpg]

[Image: 1EDIHgP.jpg]

[Image: 3FNhSGa.jpg]

[Image: WS9BnA9.jpg]

And the full album here; with a bonus shot of my mates 370z  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4mt8qbrxn2bt...AD6Ia?dl=0
Thanks given by:
Wow that really is mint

Not going to lie I've started looking at these and it really seems you get alot of car for your money.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Fastest FWD drive car money could buy in it's day, set a new bench mark for FWD for sure. Now that title belongs to the 275 (or a Leon Cupra depending on who you speak to). Get it to RS Tuning for a remap, 265bhp easily. Get some track rubber fitted and you can hand out some serious ego damage to rich kids in Porches. Check the RenaultSport website, they run subsidised trackdays around the country.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
That is an awesome looking machine!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2015, 10:11 AM)7057sam Wrote: Wow that really is mint

Not going to lie I've started looking at these and it really seems you get alot of car for your money.

Yeh, as long as you know what to get. There's a few variances between models in terms of power, LSD, suspension and brake setup, well, at least when I was looking around, it confused me a bit.

(27-05-2015, 10:05 PM)ally406 Wrote: Fastest FWD drive car money could buy in it's day, set a new bench mark for FWD for sure. Now that title belongs to the 275 (or a Leon Cupra depending on who you speak to). Get it to RS Tuning for a remap, 265bhp easily. Get some track rubber fitted and you can hand out some serious ego damage to rich kids in Porches. Check the RenaultSport website, they run subsidised trackdays around the country.

I'm on the rsmegane page, and they also recommend rstuning, problem is, they're so far away Sad
I'm looking for someone reputable on the south coast

(27-05-2015, 10:15 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: That is an awesome looking machine!

Thanks mate Smile it gets dirty so quickly though! Doh
Thanks given by:
Small update

Installed OBDII wifi device which is all working nicely and also an OEM MP3 connector as i'm assuming mp3 was optional at factory?
Thanks given by:
Look at a fastchip rstuner, you can do the remap yourself, and do tons of other obd diagnostics stuff. The guy who makes them, Henk, knows his stuff. He can do a custom map if you send him data logs.
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2015, 04:23 PM)ally406 Wrote: Look at a fastchip rstuner, you can do the remap yourself, and do tons of other obd diagnostics stuff. The guy who makes them, Henk, knows his stuff. He can do a custom map if you send him data logs.

Hmm I don't have the software to send or write maps and logs Sad 
I've seen those self mapping things, but I don't like the idea of them? Think I'd prefer a progressional to dyno it and get a custom map sorted
Thanks given by:
Software is provided, very straight forward. There are few people on planet earth that know more about mapping the F4R engine than Henk, his maps are first class. Got one on my 182 Smile
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by: ginge191
That paintwork is amazing tbh! How many miles has it done?
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2015, 09:33 PM)ally406 Wrote: Software is provided, very straight forward. There are few people on planet earth that know more about mapping the F4R engine than Henk, his maps are first class. Got one on my 182 Smile

I see, I'll have a read around and see what people's experiences are like Smile

(28-05-2015, 09:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That paintwork is amazing tbh! How many miles has it done?

Indeed; it's not when trying to match it. I've got an R26r spoiler on the way and getting it the same colour as the car is proving tough!
I got it scanned by a very reputable paint supplier who told me it was a 3 layer pearl.. and getting it to match will be a challenge!

If not, the spoiler will be black; the wheels and a lot of trim is already black so wouldn't be a huge issue.

It's JUST ticked over 61k, something like 61,023
Thanks given by:
Crikey, must've had some very careful owners to still look that good! Smile

I don't think a black spoiler would look out of place on there tbh, so either way should be alright.
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2015, 08:34 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Crikey, must've had some very careful owners to still look that good! Smile

I don't think a black spoiler would look out of place on there tbh, so either way should be alright.

Yep, and it's got 6 service stamps, being 8 years old this December, that's not too bad at all!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7445/1411...ebb7_c.jpg - Yellow spoiler

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/karlruk/...1.jpg.html - Black spoiler
Thanks given by:
so.much.shine Tongue

and black spoiler I reckon.
Thanks given by:
Long overdue update!

Been enjoying the car a lot.

Had a play with my friend in his 370z around some fun B roads!

[Image: yEKRt8w.jpg]

Met a local friend with a nice 250

[Image: 7iGlg4C.jpg]

Gave detailing another go.
Started with 2 bucket wash with Autoglym shampoo conditioner (which i really didn't like)
Followed by a full tardis rub down
Then onto Meguiars clay bar and detailer
On the wheels used Meguiars "hot rims all wheel cleaner" - (would recommend this hugely)
Meguiars tyre gel on the tyres (would recommend this stuff)

[Image: hR9Ze60.jpg]

[Image: ktNjS0H.jpg]

Then the centre dash fell out and a new item fell in

[Image: WwltHw2.jpg]

[Image: AuCECFk.jpg]

If anyones interested in the HU - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/C...SPH-DA100)

I have on order an OE double din fascia to make it flush, iphone5 lightning cable for the Appradio, some powerflex rear beam bushes and a set of rear brakes and pads.

C&C welcome
Thanks given by:
Keep this alive

took in the hill climb at prescott hill which was pretty fun

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2797&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2798&stc=1]

[Image: TdcSFUF.jpg]

Next up is powerflex rear bushes being fitted on tuesday and R26-r spoiler which is at the body shop at the moment, will be fitted over the holidays. Then it's on a road trip! Thoroughly enjoying this car!
Thanks given by:
Small update

Had new powerflex rear bushes fitted in an attempt to remove small knock from back end - hasn't cured it but has stiffened the back end up nicely. Next thing to look at is exhaust movement/knocking

[Image: B4NWxnu.jpg]

Also decided to whip of the rear bumper trim and freshen it up with matt black spray
quick job and very pleased with it

BEFORE
 [Image: uKkgTqc.jpg]

DURING

[Image: v6FG0Np.jpg]

AFTER 

[Image: RqADWLM.jpg]

Few things planned for August for the car

- rear end box chop
- remap - 260bhp / 360 ftlb
- fit R26r spoiler
- fit new KTR panel filter

THEN that should be it for a little while
Thanks given by:
Looks a lot better now its been sprayed. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
ginge, how quick is it compared to the gti 6?
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 03:56 PM)procta Wrote: ginge, how quick is it compared to the gti 6?

On paper you're at 170bhp~ to 230bhp more or less, then the megane has 300NM which is noticeable and makes it feel fast? if that makes sense

On the way to pugfest, Dan had his rallye, and it kept closer then I expected. In the twisties though the rallye was lost...

But standard, they're pokey that's for sure
Thanks given by:
Can't resist.

230lb.ft. 306NM Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megane 265 Lwilliams 13 4,735 01-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Megane RenaultSport 2.0 DCI175 **Back Boostin** CJ_Derv 203 74,012 07-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv