Electric window goes down but not up and battery light illuminated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric window goes down but not up and battery light illuminated
My first post after owning a 306 2.0 HDI for only a couple of months and loving it!

First of all I bought the car and on the way home the alternator packed in- before this there were no lights on the dash. Had a new alternator crankshaft pulley and aux belt fitted. Then after a few days the battery light came on. It's on with a dim light but then the light gets brighter as you rev the car- strange I know. The alternator that I fitted was a used part. Could it possible be another dead alternator? Fitted a new battery and the problem still occurs.

Secondly, yesterday the passenger side window has decided not to work anymore. Basically it goes down but not up, and now it's halfway down! took door card off, I've read that it's likely to be the loom in either/both doors will inspect these tomorrow when I've got more time. But worth the door card off is there anyway to manually put the window up?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Your alternator may be dead or loosen of the charging system W/H.

About your passenger side window, to manually lift the window up, From my experience I have a few advices for you ;

1. Remove the window from the plastic bush and lift up the window manually to the top and find somthing to support the window glass to prevent them falling. ( May be a long wood, PVC pipe )

2. Find some 12V power supply to your car and lift up the window by the normal operation ( I suspect the cause from not enough power supply)

3. You can manually rotate the motor by remove the magnet housing and rotate the rotor when the rotor still fit into the mechanism
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Is there a way to check if the alternator is loose from the chaging system other than inspecting wiring? Also I did attach 12v to the motor, it did work but didn't wind the window all the way up, only went about 3/5 of the way up still leaving a little gap. Needed to get to work and it was pissing it down outside so had to tape a bag on the window for the time being, then when I got back from work I've noticed that because I taped bag to the window the pressure of the air (had to drive down the A1 for about 40 mins) has now make the window loose from the frame. Will get some pictures and upload them in the morning.
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Please beware the plastic window support bush damaged, Then they will cause the window automatically fall down.

Thanks given by:
Clipped the window back in all sorted now it's at the top. Now to inspect looms for damage - should I inspect both sides and is it necessary to take the whole door off or just pull loom out? Thanks
Thanks given by:
We found that if the loom was damaged it would go down but not up.
Thanks given by:
May be the Loom connector point at the door hinges loosen (Can be Driver side or Passenger side) , I found something like this with my 2000 406 D8 after the paint repaired and poor installation.

But in my case, everything OK, Only the Elec Wing Mirror at Passenger's side can't adjust up and down.

Thanks given by:
I had this issue turned out to be the door loom on the drivers side
Thanks given by:
What's the best way to check the looms? I've read that it's easier to take the door off? Seems a bit too much hassle just to check the loom
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2015, 06:26 PM)306rhys Wrote: What's the best way to check the looms? I've read that it's easier to take the door off? Seems a bit too much hassle just to check the loom

Just cut the rubber bit inbetween door and body
Thanks given by:
Don't really want to cut it, don't have any spare ones to go in. Will go scrapyard in the morning and see what's about
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2015, 09:20 PM)306rhys Wrote: Don't really want to cut it, don't have any spare ones to go in. Will go scrapyard in the morning and see what's about

Just one cut along the middle and tape it back up otherwise you wont know as thats where they break
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric window compatibility? Nezza42 4 1,078 19-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Nezza42
Music removing rear electric window motors Just Sean 21 4,722 31-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  Electric window problem Edy 1 883 19-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Grant