Mad Max's Interior Extravaganza.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Max's Interior Extravaganza.
So if you followed me from my intro thread, I'm getting a restraining order... creep.

If here out of interest, welcome!

So, to recap, got a 5-door 1.4 petrol as my first, in great shape, but gotta make it custom, yo.

So, since money is tight (as always), bits and bobs on the interior is a cheaper start.

[Image: piFJxzA.jpg]

So, started of by buying a super sporty gear knob, top quality from ebay user carlab-design-tuning, quality product if a little pricey, but no regrets.

[Image: bVyKCos.jpg]

Since the displays are orange, and retro, decided to add more orange everywhere, starting with the centre facia. And some industrial grey.
[Image: l8RGUFg.jpg][Image: b5PHrrw.jpg] [Image: stJ4IFL.jpg]

Also, carbon fiber vinyl, to make everything super light and fast.

[Image: 3XGaeqa.jpg][Image: aAGuAuk.jpg]

And a lovely new radio, also carbon fiber and light. Had to get adapters 'n stuff.

[Image: bIhun0B.jpg]

New speakers were also a must, 'cause the stock ones were crap and since I'm young, gotta annoy some neighbours y'know.
6" Vibez. Needed rewiring.

[Image: lBUAm2J.jpg]

Rear mounts needs to be modified to fit my fat beats (with neighbours rough jigsaw, but meh, outta sight outta mind)

[Image: ozd2mDH.jpg?1]
TYPICAL BRITISH AUDIO BRAGGIN' ABOUT BRITISH AUDIO. ITS GOOD QUALITY, WE GET IT.

F*cked up one speaker cover, so I left it out in the rain to think about what it had done.
[Image: x8l9fFN.jpg]

[Image: obKw7Fq.jpg]

But there ain't no (rain) stopping this (pain) train.

[Image: Cx4nPiQ.jpg]

(Yes there is a garage, but its not mine, and full of garage junk. #nogaragelife)

After a few mishaps and reattempts, finished product :

[Image: fGnDH7h.jpg]

Also seat covers. [Image: ptNOzts.jpg]
Removed seats to properly install them. Also centre dash. Found some old irish punt.

And here is what I'm at now, rather risky, but only time will tell (watching paint dry, amirite?)

[Image: wMu0Yv5.jpg]

[Image: yE6tWHQ.jpg]

Moar to come  Blush
Thanks given by:
Like the effort you've gone to.

Those seat covers are absofuckinglutely horrendous, what are you thinking?

You ought to get yourself sat out in the rain to think about what you've done. The poor speaker cover has nothing on you & those seat covers.

Remove them and clean the leaf pattern seats up, you fool. Half leather ftw.

Welcome to the shitfest.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 03:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Like the effort you've gone to.

Those seat covers are absofuckinglutely horrendous, what are you thinking?

You ought to get yourself sat out in the rain to think about what you've done. The poor speaker cover has nothing on you & those seat covers.

Remove them and clean the leaf pattern seats up, you fool. Half leather ftw.

Welcome to the shitfest.

Fite me m9
Thanks given by:
This remind me of when i had my first 1.4...

I would redo the top vonyl around the vents. Looks a closer weave than the other bits... presumably because youve heated it up too much?
I wouldnt bother with the seat covers. The leaf pattern half leathers are decent.

The grey and orange is hella-interesting.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 03:41 PM)Eeyore Wrote: This remind me of when i had my first 1.4...

I would redo the top vonyl around the vents. Looks a closer weave than the other bits... presumably because youve heated it up too much?
I wouldnt bother with the seat covers. The leaf pattern half leathers are decent.

The grey and orange is hella-interesting.

Yeah prolly, I'll work at it with a hair dryer.

Seats were fairly worn. I did initially look for original seats and door material, like the red or blue ones, but couldnt find any, and seat covers are easier. Anyway, they're always removable.
Thanks given by:
Great work so far

What else are you colour coding ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Looks good, I'm only living a few miles away from you Smile Few of us living around here now
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 05:06 PM)7057sam Wrote: Great work so far

What else are you colour coding ?

I'll set up the side vents like the top ones at some point. Maybe do some other bits in the grey, but i think there is enough orange... for now.
I had though of changing the leaf pattern, but that seems rather difficult, so neh.

(11-05-2015, 05:14 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Looks good, I'm only living a few miles away from you Smile Few of us living around here now

We should meet up sometime and make 306 babies  Itwasntme

Sorry.
Only seen about 3 or 4 306's about. Should set up an exclusive 306 club.
Thanks given by:
I'll be heading to Tipp in the next couple of weeks after my exams to meet Martin, get to 100 posts and ill pm you the details, we can have a mini meet.
Thanks given by:
I like how you've done the dash, looks smart. Orange could easily look garish but you've chosen the right areas to use it
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Progress so far looks pretty awesome, fair play, works well as a whole.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Loved the write up lol

But yeah, those seat covers...
Thanks given by:
Cars looking well man fair play good work :-)
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much gentlemen Smile
Thanks given by:
The orange and grey is very nicely done mate, cant wait to see more.

Seat covers on the other hand are so bad I wouldn't even give them to a tramp to piss on. Burn them, burn them now!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Wow, didn't realise there was such a genuine loathing for seat covers here.

Admins, pls change forum rules to ban seat covers for everyone's comfort(pun?). thx.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 02:58 PM)Mex Giro Wrote: Wow, didn't realise there was such a genuine loathing for seat covers here.

Admins, pls change forum rules to ban seat covers for everyone's comfort(pun?). thx.

It's only you that has them, son.

Ban 'Mex Giro'? Thx.
Thanks given by:
pls guis, no h8, jst trina rel8 m8

seatcovers r lov, seatcovers r lyfe
~4pac
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 03:51 PM)Mex Giro Wrote: pls guis, no h8, jst trina rel8 m8

seatcovers r lov, seatcovers r lyfe
~4pac

Continue to talk like that and someone will certainly be along wielding a ban hammer at you.

This is an English speaking forum and most of us are proud of our English language so use it properly. Proper English also makes this forum easier to translate for many of our users for whom English is not their first language and also for those who are dyslexic and the like.
Thanks given by: 1616six
Jesus, take a joke boys!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Got a funny feeling everyone else is already joking Kezzie, don't get your knickers in a twist. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I get the feeling dum isnt though poodle :/. Does he have a strong hatred to a bit of street speak m9?
Thanks given by:
fpmsl Big Grin

Mex, you doin' good, aight. Jus' gotta lose the seat covers, I know you can mop up the spuff after some sweet honeyz have been in there 'cos they all hot for your 1.4 love machine but they just don't go man, naatmean Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Maybe not tbf, didn't think his head was that far up his arse, but then he has been spending a lot of time with Piggy lately. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lmao, so much love for piggy everywhere
Thanks given by:
I was being serious Smile

Offenders will be shot.
Thanks given by: Poodle
[Image: 489f9c41a98f5855c3d091c7da77df9b.jpg]
Sorry dude but beating you on the mad max interior so far....
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Teh f*ck is that gearstick?
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2015, 08:40 PM)deggerz Wrote: Teh f*ck is that gearstick?

A simple misinterpretation of the colloquialism " riding shotgun", my dear Watson.

Top lol mate
Thanks given by:
Old airsoft gun on a quick shift lmao
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by: