Decat time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decat time
Right so i fitted launch control to the 6 the other day. I also have (had) a functioning catalytic converter....Im sure i don't need to explain what state my cat is now in after a few over enthusiastic uses of the LC lol

So, i would like to keep the cat casing there and for now, i was just going to smash the internals out as they are pissing me off rattling about but then i was thinking, will this have any effect on performance being a big empty space in the exhaust? Would it be best to cut it open and weld a pipe in?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My decat is a old cat with cut out internals seems to work ok,although I've been thinking lately it maybe better to buy a Magnex purely because of the welds as mine have already gone once.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yours is the supercharged jobbie isnt it. In which case I would assume it would be the more free flowing the better. So just gut it and be done. Could always knock it through first then of you feel any drops in power weld the pipe in. Also where are launch control videos!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah chargers eat the exhaust's especially standard parts,I'd ever consider going for a 2.5 inch system
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Already on 2.5" Smile
Haven't got any videos because its not set up properly yet. Well i have got a video but its shite because i don't even have a button for it yet lol

https://youtu.be/lepetXu7PMY
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

This car is a f*cking Del Sol, so significantly more queer... Has half the amount of camshafts and ~half a litre less displacement and still has better 2step/launch control.

Please make it better FFS, unless there's a good 2 foot flame and kittens dying...

[Image: ain-amp-039-t-nobody-got-time-for-that_o_1582005.jpg]
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Like i said Ruan, its not set up. I literally set the rev limit, set up the input and thats it. Im currently activating it by touching a wire on the 12v feed to my oil pressure gauge haha. It will be improved!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
i did warn you about this!! lol

just cut the cat out and weld a piece of tube in, id advise a angled lambda boss too to divert any flames etc away from the lambda.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
or just buy my decat niall Wink

[Image: IMG_0820_zps3f94c55b.jpg]

Pm me for a decent deal dude Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Won't fit. Custom long life exhaust Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will that be a straight swap for a 1.8 xs cat?
Thanks given by:
You'd be better off still having a chamber there, it's not like a turbo where you just need turbo - atmosphere, there's still something to be gained from scavenging. Especially where you're on 2.5" already, can't help gas velocity.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hi there I'm a new member so will have to earn the trust of the club but I was reading this thread and thought I could help I've been using a decat and race tube with a twin exit rear and it made it sound like a track day car but I will admit it did suffer a power loss even though on a dyno its pushing 160 bhp I could feel the loss so I've swapped the race tube for a standard centre box and kept everything else and it's made a world of good it's had a definite power gain plus it's a lot quieter which I'm sure the neighbours are happy about ?
Thanks given by:
Love the look of your avatar mate, get a project thread up!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: