Tyres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres
Morning everyone
Currently riding cyclones on 195/55 budgets. Gonna get some proper tyres hopefully today, can i have some ideas of some good ones to get.
Thanks given by:
What is your budget?

Top end, something like the Pilot Sport 3 or Sport Contact are good choices
Thanks given by:
Rubber ones. Tongue

Seriously though, depends what your budget is, how much you're gonna use the car, what sort of driving you do? Personally, I found the Toyo T1-R Proxes quite good as a mid-range tyre, not too cheap, not too dear, but the wear rate was quite high, only lasted me just over a year in the end (but I do wear heavier than average shoes......honest. Wink ).

Any more detail for us to give you better recommendations from? Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Roughly about £250-£300

Use the car quite often in evenings - weekends, got a vw caddy as the daily.
So really just plodding about the place oh and a journey to Torquay once a month.
Thanks given by:
Pilot Sport 3s 187 pounds for 4, then you'll need them fitted.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
you'll get some nice top ends for £300 I would hope.

Get them in 195/50/15 if you wish, be cheaper usually
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Another vote for the PS3's, awesome tyres.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah and me for that price [emoji16]
If a tyre has a fuel efficiency rating of F is that quite bad?
Thanks given by:
F is the worst isn't it? Confused

That said...I haven't had any mpg improvement by changing E rated tyres for A rated ones...

I'd go more on noise and wet grip personally, the wet grip ratings do seem to be quite accurate imo.
Thanks given by:
i got a set of new falken sn832s. really soft sticky tyre, wet grip A rating. only £42 fitted from black circles too
Thanks given by:
I have a set of continental contipremium contact 5's on the front of mine they imo are excellent, asda's have them on their tyre site for £77.98 including fitting atm. I know their slightly over your budget but i think they are worth it.
The Peugeot 306 is very much like forrest gumps box of chocolates, You never know what's going to f*ck up next.lmao
Thanks given by:
I had some Falkens which where pretty good,strong side walls.

What sort of driving do you do ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Wingnutz, dont mention toyo's, i made that mistake in another thread! Lol
Thanks given by:
Drive on ps3s for a month and you'll realise why. Wink For the sake of 50 quid difference for all four you'd be daft not to imo, will save you money too thanks to the rate of wear.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 12:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Drive on ps3s for a month and you'll realise why. Wink For the sake of 50 quid difference for all four you'd be daft not to imo, will save you money too thanks to the rate of wear.

I never keep cars long enough to notice wear rate loll
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 12:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Drive on ps3s for a month and you'll realise why. Wink For the sake of 50 quid difference for all four you'd be daft not to imo, will save you money too thanks to the rate of wear.

This. PS3s are just an awesome tyre in the wet and dry.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 10:16 PM)Niall Wrote:

This. PS3s are just an awesome tyre in the wet and dry.

They should be for around £100 a corner! Cheapest i could find them a few years back (last time i bought new tyres lol) was £125 EACH. Fook that
Thanks given by:
Right thanks everyone for suggestions, im getting some tomorrow and still hav no idea what to go for lol
Pretty much want good in dry good in wet and some that last quite a while. Preferably in 195/55/15 i dont think 50's will look right in the arches.
Very tempted with ps3's as a lot of recommendations, but ive also heard they dont last very long [emoji16] lol this is hard work.
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 10:21 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: They should be for around £100 a corner! Cheapest i could find them a few years back (last time i bought new tyres lol) was £125 EACH. Fook that

Er wut? Reckon you're looking in the wrong place then lol:  http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p10216...se%3A_72dB

I was on course to get 20k out of mine despite some chronic abuse, track time, alpine roads and nurburgring. Haven't got a set of ps3s, but as the updated version i'd expect them to be similar.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-05-2015, 06:12 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(15-05-2015, 10:21 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: They should be for around £100 a corner! Cheapest i could find them a few years back (last time i bought new tyres lol) was £125 EACH. Fook that

Er wut? Reckon you're looking in the wrong place then lol:  http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p10216...se%3A_72dB

I was on course to get 20k out of mine despite some chronic abuse, track time, alpine roads and nurburgring. Haven't got a set of ps3s, but as the updated version i'd expect them to be similar.

I was checking for 17's for myself in the past and now. That's an awesome price for 15's
Thanks given by:
Well went and got myself a set of lassa's
Thanks given by:
look here on this place who sells a lot of them, www.mytyres.co.uk/Michelin-Winter-tyres.html , they are cheaper :-)
Thanks given by: