Air compressor- Worthington Creyssensac

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air compressor- Worthington Creyssensac
[attachment=23002]

Was lookin at buyin this compressor. Any one have any knowledge on the company. It claims to be made "within the atlas copco group" and has roughly same specs as fini and clarke industrial compressors goin for about 1000.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
Heard the expression "too good to be true"? Tongue Anything that much cheaper than the going rate rings alarm bells for me.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
atlas copco group deal with all our medical air plant at the hospital here

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
It's not that dissimilar to to the clarke stuff in all honesty and actually looking about it's more expensive. Maybe it looks cheaper as the price is without VAT?

This Clarke one is £430.73 ex VAT so £90 cheaper and is exactly the same spec other than being heavier
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-346898/clark...tAodVTsAGw

This is the one I've been looking at.
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-400848/clark...essor.html
Thanks given by:
I take it back then, took the op at his word when he quoted it at nearly half the price of clarke stuff.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That price is in euro. With vat its comin to €650. Thats about 480 sterling.

Im gona ring them now and ask about it. Ill ask if the pump and motor are actually genuine italian or chinese shit.

You have to be careful with the clarke stuff too because some of the compressors have "chinese components" to keep cost down. I heard that off a clarke distributor.

For example the se18c200nd model is exactly same specs as se19c200nd but the 19 is cheaper. Ya man said thats because the 19 has chinese stuff whereas the 18 doesent.

Thanks given by:
I like how you trust Italian components more than Chinese stuff LOL.

Think I'd be going for the Chinese bits, at least you know spares will be cheap and plentiful. Smile

Oh and we've got Clarke compressor at work and other than the axle falling off we've not managed to break it yet so I'd say it's probably pretty well built as we have a reputation for being 2 steps short of the monkey enclosure at a safari park when it comes to breaking things.
Thanks given by:
Well most italian made components outlast chinese stuff by a long way.

Do ur research and buy good and you buy once thats the way i look at it.

[attachment=23007]Made me mind up gona go with the clarke se15c150. Looks like it should last a long time Smile

Also getting a spray gun, 1/2 inch impact wrench, die grinder and a few other clarke bits. 

Thanks given by:
to be honest all these company's buy in the component parts and assemble or buy the pre assembled items direct. very few of them manufacture the individual items

most if not all will be imported

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
B[attachment=23009]

Yeah your right there. Hard to know what ur buyin nowa days.

Should be a good compressor anyway and last long. Wont be constantly used anyway.

Has anyone any tips on air tool brands that are good and dont cost the earth, or will i just go with clarke air tools?

Should be gettin a project thread up soon of my phase 2 DT when the compressor arrives and i get the garage cleaned up a bit. 

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Cheaper than a compressor! Mykel_C 7 2,000 28-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Puggie