Gear linkages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear linkages
My gear linkage has popped off twice today, where's the best place to get hold of some? All my local scrappys laugh when I ask if they have a 306 in lol
Thanks given by:
Best to buy the baker BM ones IMO, they're similar price to decent replacements, and make the gear change a lot nicer and more solid.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Should be able to get them from most motor factors or its a good excuse to upgrade them to the solid adjustable 1s

http://www.bakerbm.com/306.php?data=gearrods306
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 05:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Best to buy the baker BM ones IMO, they're similar price to decent replacements, and make the gear change a lot nicer and more solid.

+1
Brilliant product, relatively simple to fit. Had a similar issue with losing linkages at annoying times.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Are those baker bm ones suitable for a hdi?
Thanks given by:
You'll find allot of noise transmitted into the cabin as there is no rubber, Its what I tend to warn about with mine which are similar but adjustable on car as they use left and right handed threads, with most others you need to take them off, £35.00 a set delivered for mine
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Will have a look in the adjustable ones because my first gear is away in the centre console somewhere, I will grab a picture in the morning and post here how bad my first gear is lol.
Thanks given by:
I posted about gear linkages a couple of days ago and a member told me to go for the ungraded ones for all the extra, they arrive tomorrow or Thursday so will let you know.

Here's the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-MO...3f4bb349b3
Thanks given by:
The adjustable solid type are better feeling than the stock
Also, they have an additional locking clip to ensure the tightening.
And as miles said, There will have a little bit operation noise while shifting. but acceptable level for me.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Switched to solid metal ones on my first car a saxo deffently made it alot nicer to change gear and I never really noticed a noise increase
Thanks given by:
This is Ment to be first gear
Thanks given by:
Hmm I do see your problem haha
Thanks given by:
May be your problem related to the bulkhead ball have the clearance with gear selector lever (Loose).

That made the shifting stroke are to long.
[attachment=23008]

If your problem come from this part, You can change with the new one or can be fixed by Special material machining to fit with the gear selector lever hole. (Like a Poly Bush, Superlene, etc... )
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Sorry to revive an old thread, just shopping around for uprated gear linkage set and found a couple. Anyone get first hand experience with any of them? I emailed BakerBM to see if they ship to me, otherwise I found these:
Ebay1
Ebay2
Would these be ok?
Ex cars: '86 Opel Monza 1.6 GLS Puke & '97 Opel Astra 180ie 16v - oil spill & '07 VW Polo 1.9TDI (stolen) - Awesome car!

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2015, 07:01 AM)timpug Wrote: Sorry to revive an old thread, just shopping around for uprated gear linkage set and found a couple. Anyone get first hand experience with any of them? I emailed BakerBM to see if they ship to me, otherwise I found these:
Ebay1
Ebay2
Would these be ok?

I've bought a couple sets of the second ebay ones (vagautomotive), no problems here! Smile
Thanks given by: timpug
And you guys can confirm that these will fit on a '97 phase 2 1.9 Dturbo?

I really wouldnt want to order the wrong thing sheesh Sad

Edit: Ok ordered it and will advise if it fits well etc Smile Should arrive in 2 weeks at the most
Ex cars: '86 Opel Monza 1.6 GLS Puke & '97 Opel Astra 180ie 16v - oil spill & '07 VW Polo 1.9TDI (stolen) - Awesome car!

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau
Thanks given by:
Yes they'll fit. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear Linkages Esmyth124 6 1,327 20-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Hulk