clutch for my 1997 ZX XUD 1.9TD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch for my 1997 ZX XUD 1.9TD
Hello,

looking to do a HDI gearswap soon and at 176k with no history of a clutch change (have all paperwork from 2003 and most before that)
i think its save to say whiles the gearbox off it will be worth to change the clutch Smile 

is this the correct model ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251819319618?_...EBIDX%3AIT

says its a two part is that correct? as others say 3 part so a little confused

thanks in advance 
Thanks given by:
That clutch is fine, but bear in mind you also have to do some minor modifications to fit the hdi box. I think there's a guide and if there isn't a quick search should reveal everything you need to know, it's been very well covered as it's a popular mod.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That does seem to be the right 1, the reason i would say its 2 piece is because the xud style 1s have the release bearing as part of the pressure plate
Thanks given by:
Is the 2 piece any worse or better then the 3 piece?

And don't worry poodle I'v looked at the guide and see.what I need to do Smile

Also I'm guessing the 3 and 2 piece are universal fit if the other is fitted before?
Thanks given by:
I would guess the 3 piece could be the wrong 1. Pop a link up of the 3 piece kit
Thanks given by:
As Frosty (and the advert) says, it's described as two piece because the release bearing is part of the pressure plate. In push-type clutches (those for the hdi, for example) the release bearing is seperate, therefore when counted with the pressure plate and friction plate makes three "pieces". They're just different types of clutch, better or worse doesn't come into it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahhhh I see thanks mate Smile
Thanks given by: