Raiden's 306 HDi D Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiden's 306 HDi D Turbo
Photo 
Hello All,

Havent been a member of the Forum for long, but ever since I joined everyone has been nothing but EXTREMELY helpfull with all their opinions and experiences, was advised to start a thread on my ideas/project for my 306, so took that on board and here it is Smile

Currently the car is completely standard, apart from black tinted windows which were on the car when I bought it a month ago Smile

Some Pics below:

[attachment=22971]
[attachment=22972]
[attachment=22973]

It is a 2.0 HDi D Turbo 90bhp.

Ideas for the most imminent future are:

- Upper and lower Strut braces.
- New Exhaust system (However unsure if it will be with or without cat).
- Have the dents and bumps looked at and fixed.
- Refurbish the 15" Cyclones and have them sprayed in a Graphite/Dark Grey.
- Fix the lumbar springs and rip on the drivers seat.
- Have the centre console facia sprayed or hidro-dipped in either the original colour (Silvery) or possibly black/red.

Once those little bits are done, I should be moving on to the more expensive bits, such as:

- Coilover suspension kit.
- Remap.
- Bigger/Better brakes.
- Possibly a short/quick shift.
- Thinking of upgrading the clutch to a stage 1 maybe 2 depending on what best suits the car at the time.
- Full car respray.

So yes, as you can see, lots of ideas, hopefully will be able to make it all happen and keep you all interested in my thread Tongue Big Grin

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
Lovely car mate, plans sound great too
Love a black 306, miss mine alot
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by: Raiden_Ryo
(03-05-2015, 05:29 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Lovely car mate, plans sound great too
Love a black 306, miss mine alot

Thank you Big Grin

Yea, the black is definitely one of the things that made me get this car in the first place Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You adding FMIC to the list Wink

Shexy looking car Big Grin

Whats that heap of shit photobombing the 2nd pic?

***Stands back waiting for the flack*** Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Lovely looking car Smile
Get yourself a 3 spoke leather steering wheel. Can be picked up for pennies these days and there much nicer than the plastic crap they fitted in the cheaper cars
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Lol, thats true. I have a leather 106 steering wheel that i covered in leather as it was badly worn...Nice and thick to grip now and slightly spongey with the double layer of leather Wink

Downside, added weight Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 06:16 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: You adding FMIC to the list Wink

Shexy looking car Big Grin

Whats that heap of shit photobombing the 2nd pic?

***Stands back waiting for the flack***  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh yes... Need to rememberto do that at some point too, my only current worry is the insurance, so will have to keep things hidden as much as possible until I can swap over to one that takes mods better. lol.

And that heap of shit would be my Father-in-laws BMW 3 Series estate. lmao. like 2000/2001 I think.

(03-05-2015, 06:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Lovely looking car Smile
Get yourself a 3 spoke leather steering wheel. Can be picked up for pennies these days and there much nicer than the plastic crap they fitted in the cheaper cars

Yea, I have been trying to get my hands on the GTi6 steering wheel, but cant seem to find any Sad I dont think anyone wants to get rid of them lol.

They definitely do look a lot nicer in pictures I've seen Smile
Thanks given by:
Lovely looking mate good luck Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
(03-05-2015, 06:54 PM)7057sam Wrote: Lovely looking mate good luck Smile

Thank you, hopefully be even nicer when its finished. lol.
Thanks given by:
Urgh... Frustrating.... Anyone know someone that has a GTi6 Steering wheel for sale or somewhere that i could possibly find one? Ive searched ebay and google but no luck Sad
Thanks given by:
Lovely looking car, sounds like its only going to get better
Black is unrealM love it
Looks nice mate. Wink

Not sure where Niall is finding a GTi wheel for pennies tbh, maybe 3 years ago!! Cost me £20 to get a decent 4 spoke leather one last year. (I prefer 4 over 3 myself).
(05-05-2015, 08:10 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks nice mate. Wink

Not sure where Niall is finding a GTi wheel for pennies tbh, maybe 3 years ago!!  Cost me £20 to get a decent 4 spoke leather one last year. (I prefer 4 over 3 myself).

Thank you Big Grin.

Yea, I cant even find one at all let alone cheap lol. Sad

Also wonder if you can help me, ive tried various companies for upper and lower strut braces, but all same answers, "sorry dont do for diesel"... Sad any ideas of where I could find one?
Tried ebay, but no luck, seems all are no fit for my diesel Sad :'(
Thanks given by:
The GTi6 one fits the HDi I think, I'm sure someone can confirm. It's the older style XUD diesel that it doesn't fit because of the TMIC.
(05-05-2015, 09:47 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The GTi6 one fits the HDi I think, I'm sure someone can confirm.  It's the older style XUD diesel that it doesn't fit because of the TMIC.

That would be good, ive emailed demon tweeks and ybracing but both said they dont have any Sad... but if anyone can confirm if the GTi6 braces fit would be awesome
Thanks given by:
They do as long as you haven't got fmic.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

(05-05-2015, 06:00 PM)Poodle Wrote: They do as long as you haven't got fmic.

Ok thank you.

However without making myself sound stupid, why would the fmic get in the way of the strut brace? aison is mounted on front of car and other at the back of the engine bay kind of thing...? Just trying to understand, not being rude.

Thank you
Thanks given by:
The pipework route would put the braces right in the way. Underneath and on top, would be a whole lot easier to FMIC without the braces Wink Have a search on here and you'll see why mate Wink
Or don't waste your time and effort on an FMIC... Itwasntme

Especially if you're likely to have insurance issues. Admiral group don't cover intercooler changes if you're with any of those. Confused
(06-05-2015, 07:39 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: The pipework route would put the braces right in the way. Underneath and on top, would be a whole lot easier to FMIC without the braces Wink Have a search on here and you'll see why mate Wink

I see what you mean, makes sence Tongue
Thank you, I did search a few and found a bit of info on the braces and such through here, but just didnt get why it would get in the way, but makes sence now.
Ill possibly out the braces on as im not sure if I will be using an fmic, will depend at the time who I have insurance with, am trying to go with HIC or Adrian Flux as heard they are good, but need to get 1 year no claims before I do go with them.
Thanks given by:
Are you building a track car or is this your daily Ryo?
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 08:22 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Are you building a track car or is this your daily Ryo?

Its my daily, however would like for it to be a fun little car to drive that I can once in a while take for a spin around the track.
Thanks given by:
Needs all the track prep you can do for a spin round the D's on a Friday night!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 08:30 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Needs all the track prep you can do for a spin round the D's on a Friday night!! Big Grin

Haha.. no chance, would never find me there lol... xD
Thanks given by:
Well, you have to come to a decision on the FMIC lol Wink

Power or stability...that is the question

A stage 1 will definitely be more fun than standard and with some struts it will be stable and rigid but as your daily driver around the streets you're not going to benefit from the struts that much. Taking it on the track will be a vast improvement in handling but the fun is limited with just ~125bhp...you are going to want to go faster Big Grin FMIC stage 2 would give you this fun.

I suppose you could get some braces and find a good fabricator (assuming you are not one already) and try to fit some modified ones in there Wink I imagine this could/has been done.

*I would start another thread asking about this*

Would be nice to see this in your project thread too Smile
I disagree with Highwayman btw, you will feel the benefit of uprated suspension on a daily driver, more so than more power. A stage 1 is adequate for a daily IMO without causing hassle with FMICs and clutches. Suspension is cheaper and easier than those also. But it's your choice at the end of the day!
Lower strut braces are said to make much more difference than upper ones anyway Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Doesn't the lower ones interfere with FMIC route too?

Unless you run both of the pipes by the side of the engine, which is a bit of a pig?
(06-05-2015, 08:35 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Well, you have to come to a decision on the FMIC lol Wink

Power or stability...that is the question

A stage 1 will definitely be more fun than standard and with some struts it will be stable and rigid but as your daily driver around the streets you're not going to benefit from the struts that much. Taking it on the track will be a vast improvement in handling but the fun is limited with just ~125bhp...you are going to want to go faster Big Grin FMIC stage 2 would give you this fun.

I suppose you could get some braces and find a good fabricator (assuming you are not one already) and try to fit some modified ones in there Wink I imagine this could/has been done.

*I would start another thread asking about this*

Would be nice to see this in your project thread too Smile

Dude, thank you for that, awesome explanation and very helpfull, will give this a though as I do want to eventually take trip to the track Smile

Im not far from being a fabricator lol. however, I suppose something like that could be worked on, im guessing you mean have a set of strut braces custom made for the car once the FMIC is done, if i decide to go with that option? Smile

Hopefully my thread will have some 'action' and pics of changes soon and not just general questions etc Tongue
Hoping to do some things soon, so will keep you updated Smile

(06-05-2015, 08:57 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I disagree with Highwayman btw, you will feel the benefit of uprated suspension on a daily driver, more so than more power.  A stage 1 is adequate for a daily IMO without causing hassle with FMICs and clutches.  Suspension is cheaper and easier than those also.  But it's your choice at the end of the day!

Thank you for your opinion Big Grin... I will definitely be installing some adjustable coils soon, have found some AVO ones that should do the job nicely Smile so will keep posted, I can see both points of view and think both have fair points... will do some research/'studying' and see what would best suit me Big Grin
Thanks given by: