I can't sleep - this stupid RAIN!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't sleep - this stupid RAIN!!
Ladies and gentleman, is anyone else getting absoloutely bombarded by rain - it's like god has turned the tap, HIGH setting!

http://www.iwight.com/home/emergency/em ... ooding.asp

Seems as though the island is flooding, luckily for me, i live about 1000ft from a river, and on a fairly steep hill, so i dont really care, but still, this rain is ANNOYING!!!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I thought you guys lived in a microclimate and didn't get extreme weather conditions?

/trollface.jpg
Thanks given by:
Geographygeektime; the low front which is striking the bulk of the SE of England, overrides the islands microclimate.
The only thing that protects us in the surrounding of water, creating a higher pressure, compared to solid LAND
As the front is so large, the sea makes very little difference.
Thanks given by:
I think you forgot the /EdDoe at the end of your post lol

Just kidding with you though mate, I know it's crazy at the moment. It's gale force winds up here
Thanks given by:
yeh, im sure Ed will correct me with something - this is my understanding at least with AS Geog.
Thanks given by:
Not cool, it's pretty windy up here and it's horrible trying to sleep! Sad

As long as there's no thunder :nope:
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Should have been in the Lake District when I was doing my charity run, we were camping in a valley and the wind was just crashing into the tents and the rain makes a fair bit of noise too. Bet your house is a fair bit quieter.
Thanks given by:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:Should have been in the Lake District when I was doing my charity run, we were camping in a valley and the wind was just crashing into the tents and the rain makes a fair bit of noise too. Bet your house is a fair bit quieter.

good job you were here during a good spell! Tbh that just sounds like standard lake district weather to me, you can tell when its bad when the wipers on full makes no difference and the rain is coming straight at you horizontally, none of this down rubbish, vertical rain is over rated anyway lol

Got to fill the lakes with something, it would just be the district if it wasn't for the rain Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
rain keeping you up?? rain soothes me and puts me to sleep! maybe growing up in the asian monsoons made me like that lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:Should have been in the Lake District when I was doing my charity run, we were camping in a valley and the wind was just crashing into the tents and the rain makes a fair bit of noise too. Bet your house is a fair bit quieter.

good job you were here during a good spell! Tbh that just sounds like standard lake district weather to me, you can tell when its bad when the wipers on full makes no difference and the rain is coming straight at you horizontally, none of this down rubbish, vertical rain is over rated anyway lol

Got to fill the lakes with something, it would just be the district if it wasn't for the rain Big Grin

There were tales of sideways rain on the trip but I think that may have been in Scotland, although third day was Scotland to Lake District so could've been then. Regardless, we got rained on every day of the trip, in Bradford (shithole) we turned onto a road for 300 yards, got soaked then turned off and the rain stopped :|
Thanks given by:
Red light district eh mark? Lol smanfa

Also try getting to sleep with a conservatory right outside your bedroom window that you can't shut. The noise is insane sometimes lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the wettist drowt we have ever had.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:the wettist drowt we have ever had.

Just because you southerners have used all your water lol we have plenty, no drought here Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I'm with Sam on this. I love it when it's pissing with rain and thunder and lightning outside and I'm in my warm bed.....until my phone goes telling me ive got to go to work that is Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cumbria is f*cking unbelievable, can not believe how much rain falls up there, even compared to west Yorkshire! I deliberately go when it's pissing down, the roads aren't as clogged. At the end of the day, if you don't like rain, don't live in Britain. Ireland is even worse at least when I go over there, there's a reason that most of my family who left Ireland went to New Mexico and Arizona rather than Massachusetts and New York like most Irish immigrants in the US lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Cumbria is f*cking unbelievable, can not believe how much rain falls up there, even compared to west Yorkshire! I deliberately go when it's pissing down, the roads aren't as clogged. At the end of the day, if you don't like rain, don't live in Britain. Ireland is even worse at least when I go over there, there's a reason that most of my family who left Ireland went to New Mexico and Arizona rather than Massachusetts and New York like most Irish immigrants in the US lol

when i was in arizona it absolutly chucked it down! was strange being so hot and so wet at the same time!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Yeah, I've got family in Tucson and Flagstaff, they say it only really rains about 10-15 days a year but when it does it's proper rain lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
this a picture from last night from the high street in cowes...

[Image: 578054_3795307090662_1516750616_3193155_...8231_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody southerners. First a thread about "ooh it's too wet to work on the car" and now one saying someone can't sleep because of the rain?

How you all going to cope camping at FCS? there'll be insects and all sorts!

Fairies. lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol don't get me wrong, i was bought up in a forest, single glazed cottage, NO heating besisdes a log fire with frost developing on my carpet through winter times - but the rain last night was taking the piss...
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:but the rain last night was taking the piss...

[Image: ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png]
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Bloody southerners. First a thread about "ooh it's too wet to work on the car" and now one saying someone can't sleep because of the rain?

Fairies. lmao

I love this whole northern/southern rivalry, funny as fcuk! I feel like im a northerner born in the south, as i rarely complain about the rain or anything like that, and as with Sam and Niall, i kinda like it when it rains, unless im trying to do some spraying...that annoys me.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:lol don't get me wrong, i was bought up in a forest

Thats is, you're getting called Mowgli from now on.
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:lol don't get me wrong, i was bought up in a forest

Thats is, you're getting called Mowgli from now on.

lol lol

But mowgli isn't ginger :think:
Thanks given by:
he is, he just didnt shower
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
WiNgNuTz Wrote:
cwspellowe Wrote:Bloody southerners. First a thread about "ooh it's too wet to work on the car" and now one saying someone can't sleep because of the rain?

Fairies. lmao

I love this whole northern/southern rivalry, funny as fcuk! I feel like im a northerner born in the south, as i rarely complain about the rain or anything like that, and as with Sam and Niall, i kinda like it when it rains, unless im trying to do some spraying...that annoys me.

No such thing. You're a southerner even if you drink bovril and attend football matches in the winter with your beer belly hanging out
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:But mowgli isn't ginger :think:

King Louie it is then lmao

Quote:have a banana. Have THREE bananas
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:No such thing. You're a southerner even if you drink bovril and attend football matches in the winter with your beer belly hanging out

lol Fair enough. Guess that just makes me a hardcore southerner then! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oi, Lard, Whiskey and Battered Marsbar kid...

Pipe down!

Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hahahahahahah ruan, arnt you up north now?!?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rain rain and more rain. oh the joys bingham123456 15 2,707 23-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  rain samass 105 21,425 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: samass
  Stupid stupid car trends....is it just localised??? Craig-o 47 11,324 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Last Post: declantg