Rd's white 205 1.8D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rd's white 205 1.8D
So I finally found myself a 205 project, its a 94' white 3 door 1.8D. Seems fairly clean bodywork wise although I dont collect it until thursday. Anyway here are the pictures from the ad.

[attachment=undefined]

[attachment=22983]

[attachment=22984]

[attachment=22985]

So plan for it are:

-Fit gti valances front and rear
-Fit gti trim if possible or maybe rallye arches
-Coilovers and lower rear for now possibly air ride 
-Wheels - something wide probably
-Sort small bit of rust in boot floor
-XUD9 engine with bosch and decent size turbo would be happy with 150bhp

Can't wait to get started with it
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cool. Will be keeping an eye on this.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Danny. I have been following yours recently gotta love a lightweight 205 for a bit of fun. Ive eyed up a complete engine already although it has a lucas pump just
Thanks given by:
Love a 205 sleeper. Smile on my to do list.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 06:38 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Love a 205 sleeper. Smile on my to do list.

Yeah bud I've been wanting one ever since I turned down an stdt a while back and regretted it ever since!

4 1/2 hour journey up to the ferry to get it home in a 1.8D will be fun...not lol
Thanks given by:
Plans sound epic,can't wait to see it done.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 06:55 PM)7057sam Wrote: Plans sound epic,can't wait to see it done.

thanks mate cant wait to get started.

Unbelievably I have sourced some white gti valances and trim/arches quite local to me, guy is asking big money for them though. Plus I didnt realise initially gti arches aren't a direct fit on a base model
Thanks given by:
Looks a good base, iv got a sunroof blanking plate if your interested
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
apparently it doesnt leak so I will leave it as is atm bud. If you know of any other parts going give me a shout
Thanks given by:
There's a white 3dr on an E plate about 200yds from my house which has appeared in the last week. No idea what engine but it's pov spec with L plates on it. I'm tempted to stick a note on the windscreen to see if they want to flog it!
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 10:06 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: There's a white 3dr on an E plate about 200yds from my house which has appeared in the last week. No idea what engine but it's pov spec with L plates on it. I'm tempted to stick a note on the windscreen to see if they want to flog it!

Get it done JJ! I must admit they dont look like much in standard form but lowered with gti bumpers makes so much difference.

Much inspiration taken from strictly_derv/Toms VNT beast
Thanks given by:
Rallye arches FTW dood.
Any 205 with rallye arches looks awesome IMHO.
Just need to find some now!

Also, for showing that picture of Joey, you can explain why my pants have funny stains in to my Mrs.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
yeah its awesome although I must say im a big fan of gti trim too, but time will tell.

Cant wait to get the thing home thursday, long day of flights and ferries lol
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 04:47 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote:
Also, for showing that picture of Joey, you can explain why my pants have funny stains in to my Mrs.

Lol Smile
Thanks given by:
Cool project, essentially what I started with also!
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 08:02 PM)205dtub Wrote: Cool project, essentially what I started with also!

thanks bud, and you are from northen ireland too. Cant wait to get it back on home soil to start
Thanks given by:
Ideal! Whereabouts are you? A meet-up would be cool. Mine is up for mot next Wednesday and I've still rear gti arches to fit, interior to reinstall, find a front caliper, bleed brakes and set handbrake. Nothing like a rush to the finish..
Thanks given by:
Up in ballymoney lad. Tell me about it anything I ever do with a car is last minute. Yeah well I dont actually have her home yet will have to see whats she like then...if she even makes it back ?
Thanks given by:
clean little 205 you got there Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 12:43 AM)kee616 Wrote: clean little 205 you got there Smile

Thanks bud, excited about bagging it, pretty sure it will be a first
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good base start mate here's mine pretty much the same as tom's old one but grey lol. Need to get some arches on mine as the front wheels poke out a bit

[Image: f2b4ba3d79f5f3e1a4dad265cb4251e2.jpg]
Thanks given by: 1616six , rd070707
(05-05-2015, 10:44 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Looks like a good base start mate here's mine pretty much the same as tom's old one but grey lol. Need to get some arches on mine as the front wheels poke out a bit

[Image: f2b4ba3d79f5f3e1a4dad265cb4251e2.jpg]

Yeah looking good buddy. I think im gonna go for gti arches even though you have to semi bodge them on. Is it hard to change the front and rear bumpers on these?
Thanks given by:
Not difficult to do it just depends on if the bolts want to come undone and the brackets are not rotten lol. The rear arches are a right bugger to get the gti kit on as a fair bit of cutting and welding is involved
Thanks given by:
[attachment=23025]

Collection complete! 4 1/2 hours and 280 miles later she is at the ferry. Great wee engine the 1.8d didnt miss a beat!
Thanks given by:
[attachment=23054]

found this photoshop online which is out of this world  Heart 

realistically can only get it this way on bags but that is becoming more and more a possibility seeing that 
Thanks given by:
Cant put the gti kit on though. The shell differs. It can be done but imo shouldn't be.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I only realised this after I had bought it, but I have seen it fitted before and imo looked okay. I like rallye arches but would rather have the GTI arches as they are round and no square so look better when low.

GTI bumpers will be first then I will see about side trim
Thanks given by:
Rallye arches all the way i got mine online £90 delivered for the fibreglass ones that needed to be bonded on
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Your car looks sweet man very nice and very clean fair play for the trip to get it lol look forward to seeing what you end up making of this should be awesome :-)
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 09:33 AM)td_dan Wrote: Rallye arches all the way i got mine online £90 delivered for the fibreglass ones that needed to be bonded on

I dont know bud I think when I lower it, it might look odd with the square arch, il maybe do a photoshop lol.

(09-05-2015, 10:17 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Your car looks sweet man very nice and very clean fair play for the trip to get it lol look forward to seeing what you end up making of this should be awesome :-)

thinks mate it will be a long road until its finished im sure but I'll get there. Always wanted one so took the plunge, the closer it got to the trip I was panicking it would break down but it done well
Thanks given by: