Rusty sills?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rusty sills?
I haven't had a look yet but I have fears that if I take my side skirts off I'm going to be confronted with rusty holes!

Mine is a W reg and 154000 miles, my question is:

What is the likelihood of there being a rust problem?

Have seen a few members mention their problems but I think these cars were older with added skirts...

also, I have no arch liner on front o/s but no rust as of yet...how long before it starts making a show?

Will Krust and underseal do the job if I find any, with the worst case scenario being welding?

Cheers for any help or personal experience on this Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
My advice, leave the skirts on... Ignorance is bliss, a big welding bill isn't. Tongue

I've seen W reg cars with less miles rust through the rear arch so don't assume rust won't have got hold of the 'newer' 306s. That said, I've broken 5 or 6 now and not seen one rusty sill myself!! Rusty rear arches and chassis legs yeah but not sills.

You really should get a liner in the front, not only for rust (which happens from mud/salt build up so won't be apparent until it's too late) but it could be wrecking wiring/plugs as well.
Thanks given by:
Definitely recommend having a look, if you catch in good time it's a lot easier to deal with. Get an arch liner too, i suffered with rust and electrical problems within a year or so of taking mine out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: