itb mpg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
itb mpg
Hi there just a general post to see what mpg people are getting with throttle boddies are getting .
have a feeling mines over fueling as it's so bad but thought I'd ask.
Am running 45 jenvey boddies long man manifold omex 3 dimensional ecu and decat with piper exhaust . I filled the tank yesterday with momentum an got 100 miles to half a tank
Thanks given by:
Were you on the motorway cruising, or driving it like you just stole it?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
100miles to half a tank is a meaningless comparison, go back to the same pump and brim it, see how many miles you did and work out your true mpg against how many gallons it took to fill back up.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 12:32 PM)Grant Wrote: Were you on the motorway cruising, or driving it like you just stole it?

(27-04-2015, 01:29 PM)welshpug Wrote: 100miles to half a tank is a meaningless comparison, go back to the same pump and brim it, see how many miles you did and work out your true mpg against how many gallons it took to fill back up.

What they said ^^^

Is it literally half a tank and if so how big is your tank as some run out at 60l and some take over 70l or are you talking "half a tank" on the woefully inaccurate fuel gauge?

How were you driving, where were you driving and under what conditions.

To put it like this I can do 100 miles to half the gauge in a pretty much standard GTi6 if i stopped the fuel pump at the first click but similarly I did nearly 500 miles to a tank driving up to my parents which worked out at 36.6mpg and is actually pretty bad considering 350 miles of it was sitting on the motorway at 65mph and the rest was NSL A roads.
Thanks given by:
I can't answer your question but just changing the subject slightly. Did you have the car mapped? If so, did you have it mapped for 99 RON fuel? The Omex can't adapt like a standard ECU so if you're putting momentum in it and its mapped for standard 95, it won't be doing the car any good at all and may destroy your mpg!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If it's mapped for 95 RON then running it on higher octane fuel won't do any harm or reduce MPG, but you'll get no benefit from it and you'll just be wasting your money.

It's the other way around - having it mapped for higher octane fuel and then running it on boggo where you run the risk of problems, given that most aftermarket ECU's don't generally run with knock sensing or anything like that.

As for MPG's to expect, that'll depend on how you drive, the engine spec and how good the mapping is. You should really see something in the region of what you did on standard management on cruise though.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
All this is true cheers. I've just put the car on the road and the itb setup is off a doner car I bought so I can't say what the map is on it but it will be getting redone just don't know by who as o live si far away from everyone haha.
A suppose the excitement on the throttle doesn't help a great deal either haha Al get a spec sheet and hopefully a few photos when am home on friday
Thanks given by:
I would be very wary of driving that around with an unknown map, as you've no idea whether the fuelling or ignition advance is going to be safe for your particular engine.

Lean running with too much advance will melt a piston in seconds under load, whereas too rich could bore wash it and kill the CAT if you've one fitted.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
It's not mapped to my engine just same spec off engine am sure it's not running lean as get a black puff of smoke when changing under hard revs. It's a bit off an experiment so don't really mind If it goes wrong lol
no cat on car just centre box
Thanks given by:
Definitely needs a map asap then.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 12:42 PM)welshpug Wrote: Definitely needs a map asap then.

As Mei said Remap unless you have money to burn ?

Or just sell it to me & I'll get it sorted lmao
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 11:41 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: I would be very wary of driving that around with an unknown map, as you've no idea whether the fuelling or ignition advance is going to be safe for your particular engine.

Lean running with too much advance will melt a piston in seconds under load, whereas too rich could bore wash it and kill the CAT if you've one fitted.

This. Its essential that its mapped correctly otherwise the engine won't last long. Although its slightly safer to go rich rather than lean unless its on really light throttle.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Had planned to go a visit to ricky gauld for a remap soon but after horendous rain and flooding cars started spluttering and dropping a cylinder hoping it was soaked electrics but fear off a bent valve is in my head haha will find out on Friday when home from work.
Thanks given by: