who binned their rallye?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who binned their rallye?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-RA...2ee0940b57

Has 306oc stickers on the window.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Does the private plate not give it away? lol
Its Alees. Did it a fair while ago now but id imagine it sat in a compound for a while. Cant quite see if there is any chassis leg damage but i bet if there is there isn't much so could be a bargain buy for someone if they aren't worried about the fact its a cat C
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That's the one, knew it began with an A but couldn't remember. Don't know that many on here tbf.

Has a big D on the windscreen but says cat C which is odd.
Thanks given by:
Ive never understood the codes they put on cars in scrap yards. Ive seen them in my local one with all sorts of letters and numbers before and some which clearly say "Cat C" where you look at it and it just needs a new wing lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Seems a shame for it to be broken, looks bolt on to be fair. How come he didn't buy it back?

I see he binned it 22/08 (my bday), where's it been for 8 months :S
Thanks given by:
This was in the chatbox this morning, cully beat you to it lol.

Seems a bit odd for it to be Cat C if that's just bolt on damage, I would guess something structural is bent tbh.
Thanks given by:
Looking harder, the ABS pump doesn't look like its quite in the right place so there may be some leg damage on the passenger side Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol, you can Cat C a 306 by kicking the wing....any body part will write it off, its a 200 quid book car....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Both chassis legs are bent from the pic, it's a rip off at £600
Thanks given by:
Yeah havent even opened link, was just explaining cat C situation...any car of this age is just instantly cat c'ed in any damage.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Effectively there is 4 catergories of write off A-D, only C and D can go back on the road.

Cat A - Whole vehicle MUST be crushed even parts (usually burnt out or where someone has died in it).
Cat B - Shell must be crushed but there may be salvageable parts.
Cat C - Cost of Repair exceeds value.
Cat D - Cost of repair close to value and delay in getting parts or similar.
Thanks given by:
Aparently some cat bs can be put back on the road.. I had an argument with someone before saying they cant but they found some sorta proof of it being done
Thanks given by:
From October 1st there wont be anymore Vic checks anyway so Id buy it & store it until then..
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 08:29 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Aparently some cat bs can be put back on the road.. I had an argument with someone before saying they cant but they found some sorta proof of it being done

True, had the same argument and was proved wrong. Cat B can go back on the road under certain circumstances.
Thanks given by:
Certain circumstances being q plate or being reclassified as cat C I assume?
Thanks given by:
Cut and shut anyone? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 10:59 AM)Chris1357 Wrote: From October 1st there wont be anymore Vic checks anyway so Id buy it & store it until then..

will still require a vic if already written off, its only if accident occurs after that date it will not need a vic.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Wait... Did sian reverse into this one in something?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
God I went over all this cat b can't go back on the road last year, you must have a short term memory Dum lol....and by the way they can Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: