Fitting injectors... How to?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting injectors... How to?
Had anyone got a guide or a quick how to at all? Is there a way to get rid of the pressure as I have read it's under thousands of psi? Any help would be great. Smile

Got new washers and plastic guards too from Pug.
Thanks given by:
It's only under high pressure with the engine running...but I'm hoping you'd leave it off lol. Big Grin

It really is as simple as it looks, loosen off the solid pipes (both ends), unclip and pull off the leak off pipes, unplug wiring, remove the 13mm nut holding the injector clamp. Remove washer, clean hole, fit new washer, refit injector and pipes.

You may need to remove a couple of brackets for access, engine cover bracket iirc.
Thanks given by:
Ah awesome thanks for that mate Big Grin
Thanks given by: kee616
This might sound odd.. But clean and vacuum the entire area thoroughly before you go in with the injectors changing.. Make sure no crap drops into the hole when y our take them o it.. Nothing like having to remove the cylinder head to clean the crap out..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 01:46 PM)toseland Wrote: This might sound odd.. But clean and vacuum the entire area thoroughly before you go in with the injectors changing..  Make sure no crap drops into the hole when y our take them o it.. Nothing like having to remove the cylinder head to clean the crap out..

I second this...once removing any obvious clutter / wiring...First thing to do is clean everything so its spotless / blow it out / use brake cleaner etc, and dry it all off...Last thing you want is crud getting in the injector sealing area / in the injectors etc...

Regarding presssure, once the engine is off, the pressure drains away almost immediately, so as long as its turned off, do not worry. Use new fire seals and torque the injector clamp nut correctly. 
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, I did this yesterday and it all went fine apart from not curing my Rattle lol. Never thought of the vaccum idea but made sure to plug each hole as it came. Smile
Thanks given by:
Do you need to add any grease to the injector threads when inserting them? One guide I read said copper slip on the threads? I like greasing things, but this seemed a bit OTT. I don't use copper slip anywhere on the car really...
Thanks given by: