ABS Fault help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABS Fault help!
Heart 
Hi there I am new to thew forum and have an issue with my 306 HDi. Both ABS light and handbrake light on constantly on. I have checked and cleaned all wheel speed sensors, ABS rings etc and eliminated that being the problem. I have also had a guy read the fault code which came up as fault code 164 "rear left valve" ?? I'm considering picking up a used ABS module and seeing if that sorts it out but if there is anything anyone can suggest checking before I do that would be amazing.

Thanks all,

Mark.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Rear left valve would indeed be a faulty pump. Pick up a second hand one from a breakers as its very rare for the pumps to give up!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot Smile

Does the pump itself come separate from the module or shall I just fit a whole new module in ? Also do you know if there is anything tricky to watch out for when replacing one of these ?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Just replace the whole thing mate. The ABS controller is built into the pump so its just one unit.
Replacing it is fairly easy but you will have to bleed the whole brake system so start soaking the rear brake nipples a few days before hand because they shear really easily.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, I will do as advised and post results when finished.

Hopefully this will sort it as engine is still solid.
Thanks given by:
make sure to get one with the same part numbers on the top Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: