Goodbye 306 (as I knew it), Hello V50

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye 306 (as I knew it), Hello V50
So the 306, as I knew and loved, is no more. I took a couple pictures before work commenced putting her back to standard, cambered beam and all:

[Image: DSCN0561_zpssmneegmq.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0560_zps3hkqz6i5.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0566_zpssktkxfhr.jpg]

Sounded good too:

And this is the first picture on my photobucket of the car, almost standard:

[Image: P1010550.jpg]

Which is pretty close to how she looks now, just without the splitter, and still got the Mi16 alloys on. No pictures in that state though.

And so here's the replacement, dirty pics as I've nowhere to clean it, living in a flat:

[Image: DSCN0645_zpsbiahpxce.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0644_zpswhxy5pwi.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0647_zpsytlwzejt.jpg]

Lovely interior

[Image: DSCN0648_zps1pcm4hw0.jpg]

Already started fettling, that chrome grille on the floor was the garish standard item....

[Image: IMG_20150420_184521271_zpshqmbpqti.jpg]

It's a Volvo V50 T5 AWD, one of f*ck all in the country. Unfortunately an auto, but the kickdown is pretty responsive, and it's geartronic, so I can use sequential gears if I so choose. It's 220bhp, same engine as the Focus ST (potential to map to about 260), and handles deceptively well in spite of the monster truck ride height (which I intend to remedy). Oh, and it sounds lush even though from an engineering point of view 5-pots are just wrong-uns.

Got a few other changes I'll be making, as my current underwriters wont touch stock cars, hopefully eventually I'll be rid of the roof rails and it'll be lowered a little and have the full sports trim all round. Then eventually a remap, but I'm owning it for at least a year before I start messing about with performance mods.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Good barge.

Interior is dated on these, especially in grey/beige. Put me off the D5 S40 I test drove even though that was the R-Design black/cream.
Thanks given by:
Looks good Kez!

I really like the interior tbh...doesn't look like a 2050 style spaceship which most appear to now!
Thanks given by:
I love the interior too, it's quite modern with the floating dash, super comfy, but not littered with 1000s of buttons and screens. Everything just works nicely and falls to hand as it should.
Thanks given by:
Your 306 looks better now than it did before ninja

And your volvo is dirty because you have nowhere to clean it? Erm.. Carwash? Tongue
Thanks given by:
My 306 looks boring now, it doesn't look like my 306!

And I can't live with the damage it'll do to my paint, my reputation for OCD detailing has clearly worn off Tongue
Thanks given by:
I used to be anti carwash too until i moved into an apartment 3 years ago. Have no other option now lol
Thanks given by:
looking good there kezzie, I have toyed with the idea of the Volvo C30 as the replacement of the 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye bianca 6.... Sian 10 4,946 13-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Sian