The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
cj u say your squating 475kg ? thats 11 20kg plates and a 5kg plate a side on the olympic bar....25kg bar =475kg not knocking u but its not possible mate for someone your size.u got video of it ? my mate chris morgan won the british powerlifting champs and he only squats 8 20kgs a side lol
Thanks given by:
Improving in squats slowly and today did 45kg (plus the bar- need to find out what weight that is also)
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not seen this thread for a while been going to gym for about 6 weeks now the first month was pretty shit tbh wasn't going that much and weight wasn't come off.

Deiced i need help got personal trainer had 3 sessions so far and im hurting bad starting to see some very slight changes in muscle growth. Hopefully will get better now with some one behind me pushing me to do as much as poss.

Thanks given by:
Started 11/07/2013 and have gone from (all 3 sets of Y kg x 5 reps):

Squat: 60kg
Bench: 45kg
Overhead Press: N/A
Power clean: N/A
Dead lift: 80kg

To:

Squat: 101kg (+41kg)
Bench: 56kg (+11kg)
Overhead Press: 43.5kg
Power clean: 51kg
Dead lift: 131kg (+51kg)

Weight gone from 13'4 to 12'13.

Another few months of bar training I think?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Bench seems low compared.... But good going nonetheless!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 04:24 PM)Anton Wrote: Bench seems low compared.... But good going nonetheless!

I don't have anyone to spot me and have had the bar fall down on my chest once which left me in a bit of a pickle. For that reason I think bench progress is being delayed.

But yeah, need some protein shake / winstrol / steroids to sort it out... Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 09:34 AM)bayley Wrote: cj u say your squating 475kg ? thats 11 20kg plates and a 5kg plate a side on the olympic bar....25kg bar =475kg not knocking u but its not possible mate for someone your size.u got video of it ? my mate chris morgan won the british powerlifting champs and he only squats 8 20kgs a side lol

My fuckup there pal put kg instead of lbs pal so shud have been 215kg squats and 145kg front squats
5 x 20kg, 1 x 5kg and a 2.5kg a side bud

Got a notebook what my mate keeps our lifts etc in n he has it all in lbs cos hes oldskool and I asked him txt squats thru n just put kg n thought nothing of it haha, just thought then fuckin hell would need a bigger bar for that.

But as for leg press PB few year ago was around 700kg mark
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao that sounds about right mate...my old mans the same lbs lol,strong squat still...is that to the floor ? 700kg thats some weight to shift mate not many people do legs big mistake. my max was 500kg and 225kg squat but i cant toutch that now cus i get pains in my knees i think its from hack squatting.
Thanks given by:
Yes always to the floor pal, we hate half a squatters lol the front are difficult tho especially keeping bar across shoulders needs some cushioning but back squat cusion are too big lol

I had seriously powerful legs years ago got them up to 32" thighs and split calves dropped to.27" but aiming high again

Legs are everything training them stimulates more testosterone which is key to good gains and harder training imo
Thanks given by:
i try too sit on my ancles aswell lol i brought a long pad for the bar of ebay its foam with a leather velcro strap so i dont get bruises on my neck,best piece of kit ive got.mine am 27" and 29" was my biggest,serprising how much more weight u can shift with a few extra inches on your legs...its the outer vastus lateralis i cant get out like a pear lol this judah who geos to the gym is a mr uk and he said on front leg extensions to point feet inwards for the outer lateralis and out for the inner medialis but my medialis is well shaped anyway but it seems to be concentrating on them muscles more doing it that way.32" legs is pretty big mate bet your bollox used to rub lmao
Thanks given by:
Ahh will have a look for one I know I always get bruised or marked on shoulders, yes I do vary which way feet point as found you can concentrate on select muscle
And yess thighs used to chaff all the time but you get used to it eventually lol
Thanks given by:
lol just walk like a penguin hahaa,this is the better one i use the others on ebay aint padded aswell. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/York-1-Barbell...43bda5d447
Thanks given by:
Think this is probably the thread for this question - does anyone drink high calorie 'Ensure' drinks on here? I've had to skip a lot of meals lately (not through choice) and they've been recommended to me to keep up calorie intake. Was just wondering what they're like, and where you can get them from?
Thanks given by:
Will update on my progress, lost 1 stone in two week pretty happy with that just gotta keep it up and keep building these tiny things I call muscles Wink :Lol:

Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 10:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Think this is probably the thread for this question - does anyone drink high calorie 'Ensure' drinks on here? I've had to skip a lot of meals lately (not through choice) and they've been recommended to me to keep up calorie intake. Was just wondering what they're like, and where you can get them from?

Isotonic replacement you mean?

Meal replacements and stuff I wouldnt advise tbh unless its sugar content is very low
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what I mean, was just told the name of them lol. lol

If they're sugary I wouldn't have them anyway, sugar aggravates IBS.
Thanks given by:
Its really hard to find sugar free suppliments they tend to carb up using sugars n stuff pal have a good research online am sure youll find something up your street Smile
Thanks given by:
Tom - found a USA version

http://www.nutritionaldesignsinc.com/lps...sheet.html
Thanks given by:
whats everyones thoughts about eating before bed or before a certain time in the evening ?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 12:09 PM)john85cw Wrote: whats everyones thoughts about eating before bed or before a certain time in the evening ?

Ive always been told not to eat carbs before bed or late in the evening try to get all my carbs in before 3pm
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2013, 12:36 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 12:09 PM)john85cw Wrote: whats everyones thoughts about eating before bed or before a certain time in the evening ?

Ive always been told not to eat carbs before bed or late in the evening try to get all my carbs in before 3pm

carbs before 3 so do you have any proteins after 3 or nothing at all?

(09-09-2013, 12:36 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:

carbs before 3 so do you have any proteins after 3 or nothing at all?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 1339340861327862.jpg]

Seriously though... How the hell do you lot have the effort for this?!
Thanks given by:
No carbs after X time all depends on your sleep. If you go sleep at between 10-11 no carbs after 5pm. As your body needs time to digest before it goes into a relaxed state and undigested carbs make sleep uncomfortable
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 10:02 AM)MrsMidnight Wrote: [Image: 1339340861327862.jpg]

Seriously though... How the hell do you lot have the effort for this?!
he is a dick head Smile he is on youtube he injects synthanol in his muscles its not steroids just some dirty chemical,lol
Thanks given by:
I want to be a cloud....
Thanks given by:
Right so been considering going back to gym again. After losing 2-3 stone last year, but getting back with the ex and putting it back on!
I was thinking of using the duet shake like last time as it worked so well specially with my work patern.

A friend of mine on facebook and been doing this 90 day challenge and lost 38lbs from just using drinking the shake.

Heres the link to the due he sent me http://Gouldinga.bodybyvi.com/

What you guys think? Is this a good idea or is getting the duet shake from whey protein just add God but cheaper?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well im intermittent fasting, consuming zero calories for 16hours a day, so i eat between 10am and 6pm. Working out in the mornings aswell. No visual differences yet but the numbers are going down Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbh mate most shakes and challenges are gimmicks... If you want to lose weight there is no shortcut. Its just hard work and a decent diet and it just happens.

I hate it when people say "oh I want to lose some weight now, what is the best pill, the best workout, the best diet" its just about consistency. look at anyone who has been at a gym seriously for over a year or couple of years, has it worked for them? Help yeah! cos its really a lot simpler than you think, I know a guy who went from 18 stone to 13 stone in a few years, he never missed a workout, ate clean and didn't even supplement anything.

So imo save your money and spend it buying some nice meat and if you wanna lose weight just get your ass out and do it
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or stop eating.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
stop eating? that wont get you anywhere, what athlete with a lean body doesn't eat? intact most of them eat more than you think, I'm a strong believer in meal frequency to elevate metabolism, imo you want to be eating often, but you aren't eating a crazy amount at one time.

but at the end of the day you can just 'consider' this stuff, if it doesn't mean enough to you then you ain't gonna bust your ass in the day or not eat shit
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by: