The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
I probs guesses at the cals it doesnt matter too much about the cals its more the csrb intake been a while since iv done that lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah as long as you are taking in those macronutrients it doesn't matter a shit what the cals are LOL. There's no way your be your size on 1000 though lol
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wasnt my size on that intake I was about 14st lol im now16st2 but approaching the start of a new diet Smile wasnt to get down to about 15 shredded
Thanks given by:
for anyone that wanted a copy of insanity it wouldnt let me send as e-mail due to file size so just gonna upload on photo bucket and post on here for those who want it Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Yes please!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
should bloody charge people a tenner!! lmao soon have the car recovered!

lucky im nice ay lads.

*cough* will accept tips/donations for program Smile
Thanks given by:
Il give u a slap nxt time I see u tht do? Lol
Thanks given by:
no cj we've been over this many times i dont accept payment in the form of slaps, punches or anal raping Wink
Thanks given by:
I like that this thread has popped up again.

I've just started trying to loose the weight I gained when moving house. I'm 16stone when I weighed myself this morning and my target weight is 14st. Gonna smash 4 days of slim fast then go onto a 50% fruit and veg diet aiming to keep below 2000kcal a day (I need 3000kcal a day to maintain my weight cos I'm huge)

I've found that 'six pack shortcuts' and 'insane home fat loss' work outs worked well for me in the past Felt stronger within days and looked much better within the week.

What CJ put about a treat day above is true, they don't hurt your plan long term and are huge for motivation.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt really bother with slim fast pal get a diet whey protien or look into herbalife meal replacement, and have that for breakfast and dinner I would personall say 3000 cals is too much even for a tall lad like yourself the rec average daily intake is 2200 for a man so id look at about 1800 for a bit and see how you go ive also found with these quick diets is you lose it fast it comes back fast

Get ur bodyfat done at doctors or somewhere and get it worked out properly and monitor it as its not weight you need to lose its bodyfat pal
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 06:29 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: I wouldnt really bother with slim fast pal get a diet whey protien or look into herbalife meal replacement, and have that for breakfast and dinner I would personall say 3000 cals is too much even for a tall lad like yourself the rec average daily intake is 2200 for a man so id look at about 1800 for a bit and see how you go ive also found with these quick diets is you lose it fast it comes back fast

Get ur bodyfat done at doctors or somewhere and get it worked out properly and monitor it as its not weight you need to lose its bodyfat pal

Aye this!

I'm the typical "hardgainer" - combined with the fact I'm not a big eater, I have problems whenever I want to put anything on... I want to go down to the gym, but most routines concentrate on losing fat, whilst I do want to lose the "puppy fat" that I've got, if I lose any weight, I'll blow away in the wind... I'm 6'6 and 13 stone, hardly anything really...

I don't know whether it's because I'm trying to increase fitness at the same time, I'm still pretty fit tbf, but maybe it's down to the fact I need to not do any cardio at all?

I've not been to the gym in a while, with my old job I just had no time and I was so tired by the end of the day and tbf, it kept me active enough as it was, but I will need to head to the gym regularly... Any advice for the lankiest thing known to man...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 06:55 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 06:29 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: I wouldnt really bother with slim fast pal get a diet whey protien or look into herbalife meal replacement, and have that for breakfast and dinner I would personall say 3000 cals is too much even for a tall lad like yourself the rec average daily intake is 2200 for a man so id look at about 1800 for a bit and see how you go ive also found with these quick diets is you lose it fast it comes back fast

Aye this!

I'm the typical "hardgainer" - combined with the fact I'm not a big eater, I have problems whenever I want to put anything on... I want to go down to the gym, but most routines concentrate on losing fat, whilst I do want to lose the "puppy fat" that I've got, if I lose any weight, I'll blow away in the wind... I'm 6'6 and 13 stone, hardly anything really...

I don't know whether it's because I'm trying to increase fitness at the same time, I'm still pretty fit tbf, but maybe it's down to the fact I need to not do any cardio at all?

I've not been to the gym in a while, with my old job I just had no time and I was so tired by the end of the day and tbf, it kept me active enough as it was, but I will need to head to the gym regularly... Any advice for the lankiest thing known to man...

This! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Need to hit the weights, get a good diet and some weight gainer. Cardio will just make you leaner!

Im 5ft10 and about 15.10
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:

LOL you wouldn't believe it mate but I monitored my wright and calorie intake for 2 weeks ages ago and I was doing about 3000 calories a day and my weight didn't change. I am relatively active which helps.

Slim fast aint bad, nutritionally its pretty close to some of the big brand proteins and for me, who actually understands nutrition and can stick to a sensible diet its just a quick few days and a good few pounds loss. Its a jump start for motivation I suppose if half a stone is gone within a week then the next half stone is easy as mentally I'm close to going sub 15st.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:00 PM)Anton Wrote: Need to hit the weights, get a good diet and some weight gainer. Cardio will just make you leaner!

Im 5ft10 and about 15.10

I think that's going to have to be the key, just smash the weights.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Got a garage full or weights, tools and car parts ha.

Also will be able to get you a cheap membership at a gym.....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:26 PM)Ruan Wrote: I think that's going to have to be the key, just smash the new housemate.

EFA
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:28 PM)Anton Wrote: Got a garage full or weights, tools and car parts ha.

Also will be able to get you a cheap membership at a gym.....

Hmmm, sounds good to me!?

Tools, car parts suitable for chronic boost, then smash the gym?
Thanks given by:
Haha I always get a couple of cans from the beer fridge too Wink
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Man, I tell you what, my fitness has changed after uni! When I was at uni I was going mad, For 1 year I did strength training with the sole aim to increase my strength. I squatted, overhead pressed, bench pressed and deadlifted like mad. Because I am also lanky (6 ft, 65% of my body is my legs) I am at a biomechanical DISadvantage. I found that I just hit a plateau, my figures were pitiful, 65 kg on the barbell MAX for squats. But I looked jacked at 14 stone which was not what I was aiming for but okay I suppose. But Ruan, if you want to bulk up a little bit focus on reps of 6-10 with moderate weight for bulking up, anything lower is strength and anything higher is endurance.

Anyway at uni I also started boxing which for those who don't know is REALLY demanding on your cardio. And I thought I was fit before, man did I not know what was gonna hit me! You are up on your toes, throwing and avoiding punches with pauses of maybe a few seconds at most, if your hands go down you are gonna get it. So in my second year of uni I added 3 more days of cardio which bumped my total cardio up to 5 days a week, as well as the 3 days of strength training. Man, I don't think I've been in better shape since!

Now obviously I am not at uni anymore, I still box but I also do my own exercises out in the garden 3 times a week, not strength anymore though because that + cardio was just too demanding! I focus on high reps now to aid my cardio and muscle endurance for boxing. I also try to eat my 5 fruit or veg a day but I do snack as well like I had a whole f*cking irish whiskey cake yesterday to myself and a whole big bag of flame grilled stake flavoured crisps as well but if I look in the mirror I can see that I am still lean thanks to all the training that I do. So yeah, as long as you work hard you can play hard as well.

Also I'm finding with the full time work I am doing at the moment (as a postperson) I am walking up to 8 miles a day, 5 days a week I reckon that has improved my fitness a bit as well.
Thanks given by:
I go to the gym 4 times a week. Only do weights. Was a member of a leisure centre gym for nearly a year and hardly put f*ck all weight on. Got stronger but me and the lad i train with seemed to of got into the habit of lifting heavy only max 10 reps and 3 sets only. In the end the gym put the price up so we moved to a proper out and out gym. We save £12 a month and get a proper program to work to and it changes every 3-4 weeks. Lift less weight,more reps,Heavy light heavy light sets etc etc. In less than 3 months i've put on over a stone!
It just goes to show what you can do with the right technique. I'm only 5'6 and am when i smoked up until 3 years ago i was only 8.5 stone!! I'm now pushing 11 stone and feel so much better for it.

I try and eat healthy,fruit and veg EVERY day. Up to 4 litres of water a day. And currently on muscle milk protein shakes.
I was also taking creatine but i'm currently having a month off that.

I think exercise is very addictive! Absolutely love it.
Thanks given by:
I went to the gym when I was 20 for a year and a half, in that time I went from 11stone to 13.5stone, last year I was 15.2stone and 25yrs old, but that wasn't in shape, I got comfy with the Gf and let my self slip, I was fed up with been overweight, especially coming from been so skinny to looking good and in shape. I've since lost over 1.5stone and I'm at 13.10 now, I've just basically cut my food portions down and cut the takeaways until treat day at the weekend.

I feel a lot better with myself now, but I'm still a way off to get the shape back.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
And I bet you all do low weight loads of rep warmup sets ehich burn half your energy Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 08:35 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: And I bet you all do low weight loads of rep warmup sets ehich burn half your energy Smile

Nope. Straight in at it!
Thanks given by:
Heh. I wouldn't risk not doing a warmup. When I was strength lifting, taking squats as an example, I used to do 20 no weight reps, 15 no weight jumping reps then 10 normal reps with just the barbell. And then I used to work up to my max like if my max was 60kg then I would do one set of 40kg then one set of 50kg and then three sets of 60kg, not doing a warmup is asking for trouble, but perhaps my warmup was too long.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 06:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I like that this thread has popped up again.

I've just started trying to loose the weight I gained when moving house. I'm 16stone when I weighed myself this morning and my target weight is 14st. Gonna smash 4 days of slim fast then go onto a 50% fruit and veg diet aiming to keep below 2000kcal a day (I need 3000kcal a day to maintain my weight cos I'm huge)

I've found that 'six pack shortcuts' and 'insane home fat loss' work outs worked well for me in the past Felt stronger within days and looked much better within the week.

What CJ put about a treat day above is true, they don't hurt your plan long term and are huge for motivation.

slim fast is bullSHIT! save yourself the money and just eat normal food, its just a box full of SUGAR with the word slim on the front lol.

for anyone looking to loose weight, find you base level calories you need to maintain YOUR weight. Everybody is different!
Then its just trial and error, cut 500 calories off and check your weight over a week or two, if its not dropping drop some more calories.

Diet really isnt that complicated unless you are trying to be Mr O or something, just eat clean foods, good meats, some veg and clean carbs along with some healthy fats (nuts, oils etc) for a beginner Whey protein isnt essential at all but if you are to buy anything a cheap whey to have post workout or if you struggle to eat as a meal replacement.

Another thing I believe is essential is meal frequency, try to forget the idea of 'Dinner' or 'lunch', I just eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to keep my metabolism going, it also means eating less in one go.

Oh and anything called "Shortcut" or "20 minute" anything is bullshit!
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 02:52 PM)rd070707 Wrote: slim fast is bullSHIT! save yourself the money and just eat normal food, its just a box full of SUGAR with the word slim on the front lol.

for anyone looking to loose weight, find you base level calories you need to maintain YOUR weight. Everybody is different!
Then its just trial and error, cut 500 calories off and check your weight over a week or two, if its not dropping drop some more calories.

Diet really isnt that complicated unless you are trying to be Mr O or something, just eat clean foods, good meats, some veg and clean carbs along with some healthy fats (nuts, oils etc) for a beginner Whey protein isnt essential at all but if you are to buy anything a cheap whey to have post workout or if you struggle to eat as a meal replacement.

Another thing I believe is essential is meal frequency, try to forget the idea of 'Dinner' or 'lunch', I just eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to keep my metabolism going, it also means eating less in one go.

Oh and anything called "Shortcut" or "20 minute" anything is bullshit!

Surprisingly I totally agree with you.

Slimfast as a staple food is TERRIBLE and yeah the 3 biggest ingredients are skimmed milk power, a bulking agent surely as its cheap and your adding skimmed milk to it anyway but its probably purely there so that SUGAR isn't the first ingredient and the 3rd biggest is some sort of sugary starch bulking powder too.

That said I got off nights Thursday morning and weighed myself at 16st, 3 days later its Sunday morning and I'm 15st 6lb and for an easy half stone off without feeling hungry its a winner and I've gone back to proper healthy food now.

There's completely mixed views about loosing weight so quickly, some people say you shouldn't loose more than 2lb a week (thats what your 500 calories below what you need a day should result in) but others say that when your seriously overweight that getting it off ASAP is the best bet.

I love healthy eating, chillis and curries are a favourite. Can cook a weeks worth of dinners in one go and fill it with veg, like 1lb of lean mince and a whole bag of peppers and a whole bag of onions then serve with brown rice (which actually tastes better than white rice).

The constant snacking to keep your metabolism up works well and stops you ever feeling hungry I still eat meals but have snacks of fruit or nuts in between (or sometimes something naughty like a few biscuits or a bit of cake at work)

Finally yes there is no easy and fast way to looking great. If there was we'd all be built like CJ. The more effort you put in the better results you'll get out.
Thanks given by:
the science is still the same regardless though, you lost the weight because you're calories were low enough, food would do the same. And 500 calories a day is 3500 a week = 1lb loss per week not two.

Good food has many other benefits though for health and body composition
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 11:13 AM)rd070707 Wrote: the science is still the same regardless though, you lost the weight because you're calories were low enough, food would do the same. And 500 calories a day is 3500 a week = 1lb loss per week not two.

Good food has many other benefits though for health and body composition

Ah I've obviously got my numbers mixed up then.

Good food makes you realise how bad shit food is, lots of the bad stuff just tastes stupidly over sweetened but somehow lacking in actual flavor after a couple of weeks of being good and a McDonalds makes you feel like death.
Thanks given by:
A stretch and 3-5 minutes of light running, jogging or skipping is more then adequate for a warm up before weights IMO!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: