Poojoo 106 "1.1"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poojoo 106 "1.1"
Okay bear with me because I'm copying this over from 106owners, some photos etc are missing but you'll pick up the general idea, I'm sure...

Anyway, this is my white 180k 106 from the start...

Okay right so the blue 106 has issues and has to go. Still waiting for the new owner to pick it up but alas that's a different story and if he doesn't come get it I'm gonna strip it and scrap it.

Anyway.

The new 106. Say hello.

[Image: 35moa45.jpg]

It's being delivered next Sunday so I am excited!

Stuff that you lot will want to know...

Full GTI kit as you can see, OZ wheels, 266mm brakes, Pugsport 2" I think, it's been converted to the mk1 oil filter so it has a standard manifold on to make a decat. It's also got bulkhead braces, lowered 40 or 50mm, Momo steering wheel etc.

It's only a 1.1 but I need a car to use daily and this is perfect!

Some of you may know it as Gina_G's old one. That'll be because it is.

First on the list will be to fit the carpet and the passenger window regulator!

Oh and the door mirrors as I have decent 106 ones here!

So it has arrived!
It looks and sounds awesome! And in typical teenage/silly child fashion, I found out it pops, so I've been driving past people and making it pop to scare them. Easily the best way to get myself pulled over

Anyway, more photos.

I haven't done TOO much, mostly just cleaned the interior and fitted a parcel shelf etc. Tomorrow night I'm going to do a deep clean on the carpet (Not fitted) and try to get that fitted nicely, possibly stick the B and C pillar trims on and generally just get it washed etc for FCS, and try to figure out why the bloody demist doesn't work.
And I really need to lose the Saxo mirrors, I'm not a fan.

So as I'd only had it a few days before FCS, I had to do... Something in order to make it a tiny bit presentable.

So I fitted the spare window regulator which turned out to be an electric one, that's okay though, I'll do an electric window conversion now!

Got the carpet etc all fitted:

Got all the old FCS stickers on:

Got a strut brace, because a 1.1 is so powerful it OBVIOUSLY needs a strut brace:

Me and Naf having what looks like an argument over what the stickers on the back of my car say lol (we like each other really I swear!)

One from the FCS parade lap:

JDM 106 yo:

Not much by the way of updates short of an interior fitting and a few photos, but stuff to come when I can be arsed etc.

One last photo!

Okay I did things, not much but things.

Fitted the B and C pillar trims, and the handcuff troll doll mascot, as well as the blue belts.

This is also getting a 1.6 in a few weeks.

[Image: 25a13lu.jpg]

I'm short of cash atm (what else is new), but the 1.6 is all ready to be fitted, it just needs... Fitting. The VTR engine loom is in the boot of the car ready, unlocked ECU is here too, all looking good so far basically. Just need to take the disk beam off the blue car and scrap it now.

They are pretty cool tbh [Image: smile.gif] 

Okay, stuff. 

These, basically. 

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=140906&stc=1]

As you can all imagine I'm dead excited to fit this into the 1.6!!
I shall eventually get the wiring and ECU sorted and the engine fitted!

Okay right updates.

So me and Keith fitted a disk beam to this for more stopping power:

[Image: 28i6rt3.jpg]

Unfortunately, it's standard height so my car sits a little funny...

[Image: 4j7x9u.jpg]

Getting lowered soon!

Also, there was a gap in the boot stickering...

So today, that got changed:

It says "Peugeot 106 Sport" on the boot, I think the Japanese stickers set it off quite nicely:

[Image: 2lmw3yc.jpg]

Anyway that's mostly it for now, losing motivation again.

So... I got the arse end lowered back down to suit:

[Image: inubh4.jpg]

And then we decided to fit a cammed VTR engine:

[Image: 2yo8p60.jpg]

Then it rained a bit:

[Image: a4y6wl.jpg]

Got it all fitted and running, and then it developed a misfire, bringing the EML on:

So, took the injectors out and cleaned them up a bit:

That sorted them out quite nicely!

Another issue we had was this:

[Image: 2llhtew.jpg]

The car's fan wasn't coming on, so it was running far too hot, and it had an earth issue so it wouldn't hot start, and a weak starter. All of this combined lead to my car cutting out at the front of a set of lights, and my starter motor dying:

[Image: 2dvqvkw.jpg]

Got that sorted, but it still wasn't hot starting. Battery negative and fan wire re-earthed and it SEEMS okay so far...

But, the coolant flush didn't fill me with confidence when we found what looks like sealant blocking and jamming the thermostat closed, which is why it was overheating in the first place:

[Image: 2a95dv7.jpg]

Also tinted the fogs yellow, which I think is a nice touch!

[Image: 11wezo3.jpg]

That be all for now! Would have gone into more detail but it's 12:30am and I'm f*cking tired, lol.

Stuff has happened. Bad stuff.

Basically, the alternator mount sheared and snapped a bolt when I was err... "Doing the speed limit" with a Ford Sierra.

Limped it home, where the next morning, the loom decided it wanted to be on fire.

So... I did a buy...

First, I bought a DTurbo.

Then, I bought this:

[Image: 160amgx.jpg]

It gets faster! 

Watch this space...

So I have bought a VTS fuel pump, interior and engine loom and dash clocks, if I get them all changed over then the engine can physically go in, it still needs an ECU but I'm working on it!

[Image: o8rxbm.jpg]

Updates:

1.1 pump out!

[Image: 72szmc.jpg]

VTS pump in:

Starting to remove the dash to get at the wiring loom:

[Image: 23wogfb.jpg]

[Image: awfi55.jpg]

Loom is basically out now, just a few bits left. GTI loom to be fitted still. Then after that it's engine time!

The missus just sits there and hands me tools haha, I suppose she's somewhat useful though! At least she enjoys it unlike the ex... [Image: wink.gif]

Cheers, it's going reasonably well so far luckily!

In other news, GTI headlight and engine loom in as best they can without the engine, interior loom is pushed through the bulkhead and plugged in engine side, brake pedal switch is connected, rear earths and speakers are connected, airbag ECU is hooked up and wired in with all the switches mounted, door looms have been changed to the correct type, electric window switches mounted, fusebox mounted, and fuel pump has been plugged in - Few bits left and I can get cracking on cleaning and refitting the interior!

And that brings you all up to speed with my broken 106!
Thanks given by:
All fun that is! I have been there twice with my car!
Thanks given by:
Not much else done other than refitted the white bumper now I've mended it, literally thrown a bucket of water over it to get the tree sap off it, then it's time to try to tow it round to my garage and begin ripping the engine out for the conversion!

[Image: 5khq2c.jpg]
Thanks given by: