Peugeot 308 R Hybrid...500hp...AWD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 308 R Hybrid...500hp...AWD
http://jalopnik.com/peugeot-really-just-...1698182221

Sounds great but do you think it'll actually be sold?
Thanks given by:
What is it with Peugeot only painting half the car now... Confused

That does look awesome tbh though!! Not that anyone will be able to afford it even if it does go on sale lol.
Thanks given by:
Just don't see how it will be modify-able in the future
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Why would you need to mod it? Already looks good and has more power than necessary!!

I won't be surprised if the gov't ban modifications within the next 10 years or so anyway...
Thanks given by:
It does look incredible, they are talking about all that power AND nearly 100mpg
Thanks given by:
Is it just a concept or what? Its about time they had a decent car out. Imo the last good one they made was the 306. Even the rcz was disappointing and don't get me started on the 208 gti. I got a slap on the wrist when I worked at Peugeot for telling the guy showing the dealers the first one in the country he was full of shit and the power delivery was crap.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I really hope they do make that. It looks fapping awesome!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It looks amazing but i'm guessing it will be stupidly priced
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 06:33 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: It looks amazing but i'm guessing it will be stupidly priced

Doubt it will be THAT bad otherwise they would never sell any of them!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Too many doors. 

You can't have a lairy hot hatch as a 5 door imo, it just doesn't look right. 

Same for the new focus rs 

And clio rs 

Bring back the 3 door hatchback! 
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Desperate cry for attention, IMO.

Peugeot has no real racing pedigree anymore, IIRC they haven't entered their HDi Le Mans Prototype this year either, so will they even be involved in endurance racing?

Not to regurgitate what has already been said but ultimately they (Peugeot) have really lost their way and become a car bought by people who don't really know much about cars - they have no defining features and could quite easily carry a Kia / Hyundai / Ford badge for all that it matters - they have no identity at all. Shame, really.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The Pikes Peak and Dakar cars say otherwise.
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 07:38 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: The Pikes Peak and Dakar cars say otherwise.

Lol this!
Just because Peugeot haven't entered the Le Mans this year doesn't mean they aren't into racing any more. Just changed their direction.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 05:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why would you need to mod it?  Already looks good and has more power than necessary!!

I won't be surprised if the gov't ban modifications within the next 10 years or so anyway...

I mean for the future generation lot, if you think working on a 306 is a dick imagine trying to do anything on this
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Looks amazing
Lots of power
Lots of hype
Another car we will forget about because it won't happen
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 07:44 PM)Niall Wrote:
(16-04-2015, 07:38 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: The Pikes Peak and Dakar cars say otherwise.

Lol this!
Just because Peugeot haven't entered the Le Mans this year doesn't mean they aren't into racing any more. Just changed their direction.

With all due respect Pikes Peak and to a lesser degree the Dakar Rally aren't exactly huge motorsport campaigns - not in comparison to say; a backed (or factory) BTCC, WRC, LMP or F1 Team (Prost).

Also consider the wider picture...

When the 306 was on sale they were campaigning in BTCC and WRC. The 206 was a successful WRC car too.

What are we getting from the Peugeot 2015 Dakar Campaign?

With the Peugeot 405 Dakar we ended up with the Mi16 - an epic car and surely a collectors piece in years to come.

So can we expect a 3-Door, tweaked-for-the-road speed machine from Peugeot which we can actually go out and buy?

No.

[Image: peugeot_2008_feline_grey_1024x768%5E640x480%5E.jpg]

If you're lucky you might even get the 'pick of the bunch' 120hp 1.6 HDi model.

Where do I sign?!!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
No-one likes 3 doors these days lol... 5 door ftw for a fast and practical all round daily... Wink
Thanks given by:
Wow

Just wow !
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 07:57 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I mean for the future generation lot, if you think working on a 306 is a dick imagine trying to do anything on this

But ten years ago people said that about common rail diesels, sure it's more complex, but modding will evolve to match.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 08:32 PM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(16-04-2015, 07:44 PM)Niall Wrote:

Lol this!

With all due respect Pikes Peak and to a lesser degree the Dakar Rally aren't exactly huge motorsport campaigns - not in comparison to say; a backed (or factory) BTCC, WRC, LMP or F1 Team (Prost).

Also consider the wider picture...

When the 306 was on sale they were campaigning in BTCC and WRC. The 206 was a successful WRC car too.

What are we getting from the Peugeot 2015 Dakar Campaign?

With the Peugeot 405 Dakar we ended up with the Mi16 - an epic car and surely a collectors piece in years to come.

So can we expect a 3-Door, tweaked-for-the-road speed machine from Peugeot which we can actually go out and buy?

No.

[Image: peugeot_2008_feline_grey_1024x768%5E640x480%5E.jpg]

If you're lucky you might even get the 'pick of the bunch' 120hp 1.6 HDi model.

Where do I sign?!!

Sadly that's just the way the industry is now.

In the 1990s people saw cars winning BTCC and WRC and thought "wow, I want one".

Now motoring costs are huge and the average consumer's vehicle choice is sadly no longer inspired by motorsport, hence vehicle manufacturers don't see much return on their investments in top-level motorsport unless they are getting trickle-down technology from it, which is partly why WRC & F1 etc. are getting smaller & smaller engines.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I will always own a 306!!!!!!!!!
I grew up fixing my 2 and 4 stroke bikes in the eighties and learned the art of just fix it yersel a long time ago and the pug 306 is genuinely one of the last drivable and fixable by the side of the road epic cheap drivers cars to be offered to the UK public and throughout 12 years of driving and about half a million miles and at least half of them in a 306 I've always got me wife n kid(early years) / kids ( 5 of them now) and my car home without need for recovery! Honestly FK knows how but converse shoe laces and bits of wood and so much more have all played their part so for a budget car 306 FTW!!!!!!!

The link on the first post keeps shutting down my window! Wtf?
Thanks given by: