2.0 16v (RFV) TDC Clarification please.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0 16v (RFV) TDC Clarification please.
Hi Guys, just after some clarification here.

Above vehicle shredded an aux belt and wrapped around the cambelt, slipping the cambelt and bent ALL the valves.

Anyhow, autodata doesnt have the technical data for me to clarify the TDC.

So... Flywheel locked through hole in block. Cylinder 2 and 3 are at the top. 1 and 4 at the bottom?

Is this correct as im sure the woodruff key on the crank should point upwards and not down, also the crank pulley has spun so i cant use that to check.

Forgive me for my nievity, but dont wanna lobb a ahead back on to find the timings not right. Thanks.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
TDC on "Frenchies" is always cyl.1 (Fly end) at TDC so I can't believe that's right? You sure there's not two timing holes?

The Crank pulley lock always puts them at half way, so that if the cams were to slip, it'll prevent them touching the pistons, obviously you still run the risk of bashing them into each other... The Woodruff key should point backwards when the crank pulley is locked.

Lock the cam pulleys and work out what's coming up next with the valves if you catch my drift?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The only other locking hole in the fly puts 2 at different levels and not in-line. EG 1/3 down and 1/3 up (ish)
Thanks given by:
I've got the head off my 1.8 at the moment and locked off at the crank pulley, all cylinders sit level half way up the bores. I've also had it running like this (second time the head had come off Sad ) and it ran spot on.
Don't know if this helps!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah it helps... it just clarifys what i've just done.

Anyhow, ive set all pistons level and 'tdc'... looked at the cambelt pulley and spotted a tippex mark that lines up with another. That'll do me Smile

Now to finish building up the head and re-fit 2moro morn Smile
Thanks given by:
I had to lock off my xu10j4 from the crank.( aux belt side) when i locked it off from the flywheel it didnt seem right to me. Its ran absolutly fine ever since
Thanks given by:
And there was me hoping the bottom end was foobbered so i could sell you that too Tongue
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha, cheeky sod!
Thanks given by:
Hehe yep thats me
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by: