306 HDi question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDi question
(14-04-2015, 06:47 PM)toseland Wrote:
(13-04-2015, 04:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not sure I'd want to do 60 mile commutes in any 306 tbh.  But if you do, the HDi does make sense.  Should be getting around 55mpg (650 miles to a tank) and if you find a Y reg or newer then cheap tax as well.  Yes it has a turbo...but not a big enough one to feel. lol  Don't be expecting a kick as the turbo boosts lol, stage 1 remap makes them a little more pokey and is really a necessity imo, but still not overly quick.

Wait for all the 'buy an XUD' posts. Wink

This coming from the person who would find a problem with a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom,  hand finished in the trim of your choice, with free fuel for life!

If you're paying Phantom prices, too right you should be fussy! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Up until 2 weeks ago I was doing 45 miles a day in my 306 HDi and it lapped it up, no sweat.

Cambelt recently done, serviced properly, shouldn't let you down. Like others have said, look after it and it will look after you. They're also great fun to drive on a B-road which is the main attraction over any other >10 year old diesel hatch.

PS. Mine is for sale as I now have a company car :p
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Quality responses, I'm set on the HDi then, just need to sell the 1.8, I'm going to get the cam belt kit and water pump then in a couple of weeks as well as anti roll bar links

C.A.R could you give me the details please mate??

(16-04-2015, 08:44 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Up until 2 weeks ago I was doing 45 miles a day in my 306 HDi and it lapped it up, no sweat.

Cambelt recently done, serviced properly, shouldn't let you down. Like others have said, look after it and it will look after you. They're also great fun to drive on a B-road which is the main attraction over any other >10 year old diesel hatch.

PS. Mine is for sale as I now have a company car [emoji14]
Got any details matey??
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 03:32 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: Quality responses, I'm set on the HDi then, just need to sell the 1.8, I'm going to get the cam belt kit and water pump then in a couple of weeks as well as anti roll bar links

C.A.R could you give me the details please mate??

(16-04-2015, 08:44 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Up until 2 weeks ago I was doing 45 miles a day in my 306 HDi and it lapped it up, no sweat.

PS. Mine is for sale as I now have a company car [emoji14]
Got any details matey??

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29802
Thanks given by:
Wicked thank you mate, I'm franctically sorting out a few few things at the moment, they've brought forward my start date to 1st June, 3months earlier lol if it hasn't sold then I'll be in touch!
Thanks given by: