New Cars for Me Too!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Cars for Me Too!
Seems everyone is upgrading / moving away from their 306 these days - sad times Sad

So Nat (my Fiance) previously had a Kia Picanto, which was tiny, weezy and generally poo. With baby #2 due in June it simply had to go, so it was time to hunt down a family car. We looked at the norm; Focus, Astra etc. but these all felt massive compared to her old Picanto. The Nissan is comparitively similar in size, but feels much smaller. Inside is really practical and because they're so common there are some real bargains around.

We chucked her old Picanto in p/x and another £1200 later we had this 08 plate, 50k miles, 1.6 'Tekna' so pretty-much top spec minus the touch-screen nav - which as a city car seemed largely irrelevant (probably why there don't seem to be many Note's with the Nav!)

1.6 petrol is doing 44mpg according to the on-board, so even if that is 10% out I'm happy. It revs nicely and has a chain instead of a cambelt, so very little to worry about.

Only thing is that the previous owner liked their smokes. So the interior has a faint whiff. Any tips on this one guys? Planning a full wet-vac ASAP.

[Image: Note.jpg]

Then there's my new wheels, too. I recently started a new job in a familiar industry, albeit a more senior position and with the added benefit of company car. Whilst I complete my probationary period I'm in this beast; an 09 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 140. It's a tank. A big, comfortable, difficult-to-park tank! Thankfully it has sensors front and rear, but it's really bloody long!

[Image: Mondeo.jpg]

It does what I need it to! The added bonus of being able to fit full-size timber doors in the back is also useful for the job...

So that's why the Pug is sadly up for the chop Sad

If I could afford a toy a 306 would be high on the list, just because I love how they steer when the suspension is in good condition. But, space and money dictate that she must go.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Why didn't you give the 306 to the mrs instead of buying the nissan?

Edit: forgot yours was a 3dr not a 5dr  Blush
Thanks given by:
CSB. NMD.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Are you still here?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 12:26 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: CSB. NMD.

Eh?

(12-04-2015, 06:07 AM)Poodle Wrote: Are you still here?

Sort of. Been incredibly busy with work! Been a bit of a roller-coaster of late.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 07:56 AM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 12:26 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: CSB. NMD.

Eh?

Cool story bro. Needs moar dragons.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: