Knocking on full lock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking on full lock
HI

I Have a Silver estate HDi stage 2 and when I turn it full lock, it now makes a knocking sound.
Its on 16 Nimrods, Also i don't know if this is a Stage 2 thing but when I put my foot down even gently at any sharp angle when pulling away it just looses traction like crazy even in perfect conditions.

cheers
Thanks given by:
Knocking on full lock is probably a driveshaft. The losing traction is probably shit tyres, or possibly knackered shocks.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-04-2015, 04:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Knocking on full lock is probably a driveshaft. The losing traction is probably shit tyres, or possibly knackered shocks.

Ok I have new Hancook Ventus V12's. So I doubt its tyres. I thought the knocking could be drop links. Shocks that sounds about right to be honest what shocks would you suggest for an estate.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Is the knocking speed related? Speed up with wheel speed?
Thanks given by:
Knocking on full lock js generally driveshafts, dead droplinks knock constantly over all the little bumps when driving.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-04-2015, 09:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: Knocking on full lock js generally driveshafts, dead droplinks knock constantly over all the little bumps when driving.

Its not speed related.

It is the Driveshaft as there loads of oil and crud coming from my passengers side one I think the seal has gone, it is also increasingly difficult to change gear, whats funny is that was replaced recently why would it keep blowing.

regards Reece
Thanks given by:
How long ago is recently? Was it replaced with a pattern part or second hand? If it was a new part from a half-decent manufacturer and replaced less than a year you can probably get it changed under warranty. It could well be the other driveshaft that's going and the new one has just split its cv.boot, but is still working fine.

Getting more difficult to get into gear will either be knackered linkages or low on box oil. You say there's oil all over the driveshaft, is it cv grease or gearbox oil? If it's gearbox oil then you probably need new driveshaft seals.

Best bet is to get under there and have a look, preferably with a mate who knows what they're doing.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: