best fans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best fans?
Thumbs Down 
It's about time I fitted some slim lines to my dt as I've not had any fans throughout winter but summer is on its way so need to sort it out, any recommendations to which I should buy? 1 or two fans and front or back of the rad? 

Cheers!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
I ran two 12s on the front of my rad and two switches one kept it cool enough sat in traffic and both on for hooning hard especially in summer
Thanks given by:
Pacet are good, have used them in the past. Not cheap tho!
Thanks given by:
I've got two (12inch?) on my rad - cheapest ebay specials I could find

Do the job of keeping it cool in traffic, which is basically their only function
Thanks given by:
Same 2 x cheapest slimline fans off ebay
Thanks given by:
I bought one 14inch one cost £15.95 including postage. Works a treat
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
you can have a spare 12" one I have for £8 posted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I ran one 12" fan on my DT, looked like an eBay jobbie - I never looked too hard.

Did an excellent job keeping the car cool, even on the hottest day sat in Traffic on a motorway.
Thanks given by:
Tried to pm you Piggy but it said you have pms disabled
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
He can't read that or his PM's until tomorrow when he's unbanned... Confused
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 06:46 PM)philpemberton94 Wrote: Tried to pm you Piggy but it said you have pms disabled

Messaged you Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 02:00 PM)Nath140889 Wrote: I ran two 12s on the front of my rad and two switches one kept it cool enough sat in traffic and both on for hooning hard especially in summer

You really shouldnt need the fans whilst moving, if your coolant temp is creeping up whilst driving something isn't right!

It more efficient to pull the air through the radiator, aka have the fans on the inside, however not always possible with space, intercoolers or a V6 in the way! On the Goodwood i have 2 14inch fans, 406'radiator is quite large.
Thanks given by:
I had a pretty dead rad and a pressurizing head, the fans were fitted for traffic but i was also running 26psi on a tmic for a while so temps were not great at times
Thanks given by: