Dturbo HDi 5 doors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dturbo HDi 5 doors
(26-04-2015, 07:03 PM)MY95 Wrote: No worries Smile Here to help
Nice one! Interior looks tidy! Needs a GTI6 steering wheel though, they are the nuts! So nice to hold!
Any photos of the exterior? Smile 

Smile

Yea, driver seat has a small tear on the side and the back adjusting springs arent working, but should be able to fix Smile and I just searched the steering wheel you said, may have to try and find one Tongue do look very nice lol.

and exterior is not too bad, but not great either, some scratches and a weird hole in the back bumper, but yea, pics below Smile

[attachment=22810]

[attachment=22811]
Thanks given by:
Looks very nice!
What is the spec so far?
Had mine nearly a year and a half and done a few bits and bobs that have transformed it Smile 
Thanks given by: Raiden_Ryo
(26-04-2015, 07:36 PM)MY95 Wrote: Looks very nice!
What is the spec so far?
Had mine nearly a year and a half and done a few bits and bobs that have transformed it Smile 

Nothing at the moment to be honest, Ive only had it a month, so havent had time to do anything to it just yet and to be honest not 100% sure where to start lol.

What have you done to yours so far?

Any ideas where I should star? Was thinking maybe the exhaust or coils.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 06:51 PM)Raiden_Ryo Wrote:
(26-04-2015, 06:37 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I was the same as you, thought i'd bought a lemon when i discovered diesel around the injectors and the inlet elbow leak!

How did it work out in the end? Did you manage to get it all fixed?  Smile

Perfectly fine. Neither of my issues needed to be sorted really. The inlet gasket i finally got round to changing a couple of weeks ago (a year into ownership lol). Leaking diesel was just the pipes needing to be tightened.

Other than that, i've fitted all 4 discs/pads, front bearings, droplinks, full exhaust and it runs sweet. Not into 'mods' myself personally so it's kept pretty much standard looking.
My current spec as in my project thread:

Stage 1 Whippy Remap

GTI6 Steering Wheel
Cyclones wrapped in Michelin PS3's
Phase 2 GTI6 Rear Spoiler
Phase 2 D Turbo Interior
Sony Headunit
Pioneer Front Speakers
Aero wipers
Fiat Xsara Type Mist Jets
Callipers painted hammerite blue all round
Air con removed

To be honest ive never looked back at spending money on those things. Id do all those things again if I ever got another, remap definitely the best mod though!
I got mine with the GTI6 steering wheel but mine was a GLX so ive done a few things to make it a D Turbo lookalike.
(26-04-2015, 07:55 PM)MY95 Wrote: My current spec as in my project thread:

Stage 1 Whippy Remap

GTI6 Steering Wheel
Cyclones wrapped in Michelin PS3's
Phase 2 GTI6 Rear Spoiler
Phase 2 D Turbo Interior
Sony Headunit
Pioneer Front Speakers
Aero wipers
Fiat Xsara Type Mist Jets
Callipers painted hammerite blue all round
Air con removed

To be honest ive never looked back at spending money on those things. Id do all those things again if I ever got another, remap definitely the best mod though!
I got mine with the GTI6 steering wheel but mine was a GLX so ive done a few things to make it a D Turbo lookalike.

Sounds nice Smile

I think, ill start with a straight flow exhaust and gofrom there, wouldlike to get my hands on a GTi6 wheel, but browsing online now and not having much luck Sad

(26-04-2015, 07:52 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(26-04-2015, 06:51 PM)Raiden_Ryo Wrote:
(26-04-2015, 06:37 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I was the same as you, thought i'd bought a lemon when i discovered diesel around the injectors and the inlet elbow leak!

How did it work out in the end? Did you manage to get it all fixed?  Smile

Perfectly fine. Neither of my issues needed to be sorted really. The inlet gasket i finally got round to changing a couple of weeks ago (a year into ownership lol). Leaking diesel was just the pipes needing to be tightened.

Other than that, i've fitted all 4 discs/pads, front bearings, droplinks, full exhaust and it runs sweet. Not into 'mods' myself personally so it's kept pretty much standard looking.

Im glad to know that these are fairly good engines Smile i definitely intend on getting mine fixed asap and looking after it best i can Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Cheers!
Exhaust is next on my list too, frees up a few ponies!
Suspension wise, I wouldn't go coilovers, I like comfort but also sportiness, go for some Bilstein B4s with eibach springs, much cheaper, much more comfier and still handles very well.
Try and find a breaker re GTI6 wheel Smile
(26-04-2015, 08:19 PM)MY95 Wrote: Cheers!
Exhaust is next on my list too, frees up a few ponies!
Suspension wise, I wouldn't go coilovers, I like comfort but also sportiness, go for some Bilstein B4s with eibach springs, much cheaper, much more comfier and still handles very well.
Try and find a breaker re GTI6 wheel Smile

Yea, I read up that making it a straight flow exhaust makes the car run much smoother and adds some increases too Smile

I though about the coils because I have been in a few cars that had them fitted and damn did they handle nicely Big Grin one was my brother in laws 106 Rallye and another being my cousins Honda CRX Del Sol. lol.

But may read up on your suggestion Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah
Bilstein B8's with Eibach springs regarded as one of the best setups on here, that's what id go for if I had the money Smile Much comfier than coilovers and not far off the same handling wise supposedly Smile 
Depends on your budget though!
Cant recommend Stage 1 remap enough though, that would defo be first on my list and id recommend it first to anyone Smile 
Regarding the airbox, i'd leave it as is - oiled panel filters will kill the maf and foam cones will suck in hot air. People have run double stock power through the oem airbox, it's really not a restriction.

Changing the engine isn't a problem legally, theoretically you should give the dvla the new engine number, but as often as not the engine number is unreadable and changing an engine like for like is not exactly the kind of thing they're concerned about.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

(26-04-2015, 08:30 PM)MY95 Wrote: Yeah
Bilstein B8's with Eibach springs regarded as one of the best setups on here, that's what id go for if I had the money Smile Much comfier than coilovers and not far off the same handling wise supposedly Smile 
Depends on your budget though!
Cant recommend Stage 1 remap enough though, that would defo be first on my list and id recommend it first to anyone Smile 

Will deff look in to it, budget isnt the biggest lol... but i guess can always save Tongue Ive waited long enough for the car so guess saving cant be so hard lol.

I have noticed a lot of people on here have a stage1 remap at least, but not sure, as Ive also heard that the remap should be one of the last things to be done due to the fact that once all the mods are done the remap will be more precise and at its best, but again, these is just what ive heard from other people and of course everyone has a different opinion Smile.. How do you decide on the remap ? or is stage 1 a pre-set stage?

(26-04-2015, 08:33 PM)Poodle Wrote: Regarding the airbox, i'd leave it as is - oiled panel filters will kill the maf and foam cones will suck in hot air. People have run double stock power through the oem airbox, it's really not a restriction.

Changing the engine isn't a problem legally, theoretically you should give the dvla the new engine number, but as often as not the engine number is unreadable and changing an engine like for like is not exactly the kind of thing they're concerned about.

Oh really? As I mentioned, I always though that airboxes were quite restrictive, but then like ive mentioned, Im not massively mechanically minded lol.. so thanks for that Smile

Ah, thats good to know, other people have said that my current engine should run for much longer, but im still not sure, im still divided between changing engine or not. lol
Thanks given by:
Basically, its advised you get your mods done then go for your remap to get the best out of it.
But you can get it tweaked to suit mods after you get the mods done if you go for remap first. Although Mr Whippy said the map is auto adjusting so will adjust slightly to any mods, although as above for the best results you'd get it tweaked again. Exhaust wont gain you that much, especially compared to what you'd gain from the remap itself at first though.
Stage 1 can be anything from a completely standard car being remapped to being a remapped car with exhaust/intake mods.
(26-04-2015, 08:54 PM)MY95 Wrote: Basically, its advised you get your mods done then go for your remap to get the best out of it.
But you can get it tweaked to suit mods after you get the mods done if you go for remap first. Although Mr Whippy said the map is auto adjusting so will adjust slightly to any mods, although as above for the best results you'd get it tweaked again. Exhaust wont gain you that much, especially compared to what you'd gain from the remap itself at first though.
Stage 1 can be anything from a completely standard car being remapped to being a remapped car with exhaust/intake mods.

I see what you mean.

But what Im not undertanding very well is, with a remap do you tell the person who is doing this remap what you want or does a stage 1 remap have a pre-set map that is the same for every car and so on? (sorry, just tryng to understand how to go about remaping Smile.)
Thanks given by:
You should be able to specify exactly what you want, if it's a generic map it's probably not worth the money they want you to pay for it. There are a couple of good mappers that are regulars on this forum.
...UPGRADING...

(26-04-2015, 09:04 PM)Poodle Wrote: You should be able to specify exactly what you want, if it's a generic map it's probably not worth the money they want you to pay for it. There are a couple of good mappers that are regulars on this forum.

Ah I see, so when i do decide to remap, it will be best to make sure, its something that I can specify and choose for my way of driving and mods that are on the car!?

Thank you for that, I had been trying to understand how it worked, so that shed some light on it Smile... now I would just need to figure out what I would want from a remap lol.

Yea, ive noticed that Whippy remaps are popular, as well as HDi Tuning, so when i decide to have one, may talk to them Smile

Also, is there a in car diagnostics system I can use to track my driving 'style', cars performance etc, to then study how it can be improved?
Thanks given by:
There's also Jammapic. He did the stage 1 on mine, sound guy and definately can't complain for price when he has a sale on
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 09:30 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: There's also Jammapic. He did the stage 1 on mine, sound guy and definately can't complain for price when he has a sale on

Yea, I dont have the money for remap just yet, will deff be something I do, just need to decide when lol.

Do you by any chance know any in car diagnostic softwares, that I can run on a laptop? as I mentioned above?
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 09:37 PM)Raiden_Ryo Wrote:
(26-04-2015, 09:30 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: There's also Jammapic. He did the stage 1 on mine, sound guy and definately can't complain for price when he has a sale on

Yea, I dont have the money for remap just yet, will deff be something I do, just need to decide when lol.

Do you by any chance know any in car diagnostic softwares, that I can run on a laptop? as I mentioned above?

Not a clue mate lol sorry
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2015, 09:40 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(26-04-2015, 09:37 PM)Raiden_Ryo Wrote:

Not a clue mate lol sorry

Ah no worries Smile its not something I HAVE to have, but would be nice to have and see the impact my driving has on the car and try to study a way I could improve the driving as well as the car itself Smile
Thanks given by:
There's tons of software like that available, have a google.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 05:37 AM)Poodle Wrote: There's tons of software like that available, have a google.

I have been bud, but as im not 100% sure what they are, I cant find them and ones I do find are virus and not real softwares Sad... loked at Peigeot Planet 2000, was only one I could find, but cant find a safe link
Thanks given by:
Accepted buddy request Wink

PP2000 and the leads and software are available on the bay, circa £60. Im looking into getting one, when money permits Big Grin It should be the final tool i need for the 306 then all is well Big Grin

Def. get the stage one, normally any stage 1 map is good but the better ones are from pro_steve and mr.whippy. You're looking at about 120-125 bhp with around 200-210 ftlbs of torque Big Grin after driving about in a standard 90bhp then getting a remap you'll smile all the way down the A and B roads Big Grin

Engine mods I have:

K&N cone filter (not the best of decisions as standard is better)
Stage 1 remap (SPtuning)
Powerflow back box with straight through centre section from cat

Tarted up bits:

Full HID lights on front
Leather steering wheel
Electric windows all round
semi-decent ICE (that I'm sacking off soon)
After market meshed grille (for better air flow to K&N)
body coloured spoiler
bee-sting aerial
and...eye brows (bit gay but they're stuck on now lol)
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Ah i think i know the problem you've got, i'm afraid you'll have to pay for the software if you want it to work. Usually looking at a couple of hundred plus for anything worth having, best bet is a standalone unit that includes all the g-meters etc, but you're looking at 500 plus for those.
...UPGRADING...

(27-04-2015, 08:20 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Accepted buddy request Wink

PP2000 and the leads and software are available on the bay, circa £60. Im looking into getting one, when money permits Big Grin It should be the final tool i need for the 306 then all is well Big Grin

Def. get the stage one, normally any stage 1 map is good but the better ones are from pro_steve and mr.whippy. You're looking at about 120-125 bhp with around 200-210 ftlbs of torque Big Grin after driving about in a standard 90bhp then getting a remap you'll smile all the way down the A and B roads Big Grin

Engine mods I have:

K&N cone filter (not the best of decisions as standard is better)
Stage 1 remap (SPtuning)
Powerflow back box with straight through centre section from cat

Tarted up bits:

Full HID lights on front
Leather steering wheel
Electric windows all round
semi-decent ICE (that I'm sacking off soon)
After market meshed grille (for better air flow to K&N)
body coloured spoiler
bee-sting aerial
and...eye brows (bit gay but they're stuck on now lol)

Ah really? May take at look at them Smile hopefully find one, would just be nice to be able to see whats happening while im driving Smile.

Nice, I will prob leave the original air box to be fair, seems everyone says the same Smile but should I change the filter inside the air box to a higher standard one or should I leave the air box as it is?

My car actually has a HID kit aswell, was already fitted when I bought it, but think theres a slight wiring fault as one of them doesnt always come on lol.

Also,I think I may be getting myself confused here, so just to clarify, an induction kit is what would be bought to replace the air box is that right?
Thanks given by:
Hids do that mate, turn it off and back on again and presto, they work lol air box is the induction if you like, just uprate the filter Wink
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 06:25 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Hids do that mate, turn it off and back on again and presto, they work lol air box is the induction if you like, just uprate the filter Wink

Ah ok, Im thinking of reviewing all bulbs and fuses in the car anyway, as the indicators keep playing up and such, so probably have them checked too just make sure all ok, then im happy. HAHA.

Ah ok, thanks forthat Big Grin, so basicly changing the paper based filter in the air box for a say for example K&N filter that slots into the air box, would be my best option at improving air flow!? Smile
Thanks given by:
Indicator's the stalk mate, common fault Wink try wiggling when indicating Wink
Thanks given by:
K&n filters are oiled, which will kill the maf. You're best off leaving the standard air intake tract well alone, it has been used for more than double stock power so i doubt you'll find it a restriction any time soon.

Beginning to feel like a stuck record...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
*hugs poodle*

Don't worry mate, I will make it clear for you Wink

LEAVE THE WHOLE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM ALONE RYO Big Grin f*ck INDUCTION KIT LOL

Heres a bit of a breakdown:

K&N = Oiled filters, all of them, if its K&N and its red it has been sprayed with oil and oil kills MAF when sucked in.

dead MAF = slow car + increased fuel consumption + gutless

If you do have a dead MAF unplug it and you will find the power comes back but the smoke is horrendous! Replace with NEW VDO MAF, no cheap shit as they last 5mins and aren't worth the cash... but thats for a later date Wink

Standard air box filter = Paper (no oil) so very clean, plus the intake is cold which is much better than that of the cones and also very cheap to replace Wink

If you still want induction though, a very expensive enclosed piper cross Viper system could be used but as said... VERY EXPENSIVE
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 07:48 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: *hugs poodle*

Don't worry mate, I will make it clear for you Wink

LEAVE THE WHOLE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM ALONE RYO Big Grin f*ck INDUCTION KIT LOL

Heres a bit of a breakdown:

K&N = Oiled filters, all of them, if its K&N and its red it has been sprayed with oil and oil kills MAF when sucked in.

dead MAF = slow car + increased fuel consumption + gutless

If you do have a dead MAF unplug it and you will find the power comes back but the smoke is horrendous! Replace with NEW VDO MAF, no cheap shit as they last 5mins and aren't worth the cash... but thats for a later date Wink

Standard air box filter = Paper (no oil) so very clean, plus the intake is cold which is much better than that of the cones and also very cheap to replace Wink

If you still want induction though, a very expensive enclosed piper cross Viper system could be used but as said... VERY EXPENSIVE

My apologies Sad didnt mean to be a nuisance, wasnt registering with what you guys meant.

Thank you for the explanations..

I have come across a couple of pipercross ones on demon tweeks, like this one -[Image: pipercross-c7000-ceramic-coated-toca-app...sal-airbox]

But of you say they are best completely intouched I sgall do that Smile
Thanks given by: