306 Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Rallye
Hi guys,

One thing I have noticed whilst browsing the ads online, why is it more expensive to buy a Rallye than a Gti 6? I noticed that brand new a Rallye was over 2 grand cheaper than a 6, so why are they going for more money now? Is it because they are a rarity?

All comments welcome as always! Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes, it's the rarity. I think less are messed around with and looked after.
Thanks given by:
There's one on Pistonheads the now and I'm seriously tempted, it has enlarged throttle bodies? Don't know what that means? And it's in cherry red, my fave colour in them!

I will be buying one soon as a summer car! Smile
Thanks given by:
Because they are a better car (well the ones without the optional additions)
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
What are the optional additions? And is the car only 16 kgs lighter or 65kgs lighter than the Gti 6?
Thanks given by:
I'd rather have electric windows, leather seats and nice colours myself...
Thanks given by:
Better,lighter,rarer Smile

(01-04-2015, 05:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd rather have electric windows, leather seats and nice colours myself...

The gti seats are horrible compared to the rallye 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 05:47 PM)7057sam Wrote: Better,lighter,rarer Smile

(01-04-2015, 05:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd rather have electric windows, leather seats and nice colours myself...

The gti seats are horrible compared to the rallye 

Have you got any pics to compare? I've never seen them! Lol!

What's the differences etc?
Thanks given by:
Rallye seats are just cloth in awful colours... Itwasntme

GTi seats are great, the alcantara holds your arse in tight!
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 05:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Rallye seats are just cloth in awful colours...   Itwasntme

Yeah I've heard that the alcantra does that! Smile

I'm getting my two front seats reupholstered at Transcal and I'm thinking about getting my door cards done in alcantra as well. Smile
Thanks given by:
Doesn't your GTi6 have alcantara already? It's nice and grippy but a pain to keep clean and bobble-free.
Thanks given by:
People added all sorts of extras, electric windows, air con etc

The difference was 52kg I thought. It's certainly a lot more than 16..
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 06:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Doesn't your GTi6 have alcantara already?  It's nice and grippy but a pain to keep clean and bobble-free.

Yeah it's has alcantra on the seats, the door cards are in a cloth like matierial, I'm gonna get them covered in the same alcantra as the seats.
Thanks given by:
What price did you get quoted for the work ??

put some pictures up after please
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 06:35 PM)7057sam Wrote: What price did you get quoted for the work ??

put some pictures up after please

I'm taking my car up for a quote next week, my partners Mum works for the company and recieves a discount so I would also receive the same. My partner had her mini reupholstered in full leather of her choice including discount for £360.

I would (as a member of this site) try to negotiate a discount for people on here.

I'll post up pics as soon as it's done for you guys to see! Smile

I believe Transcal have a place down your way as well! All the footballers go there to get there cars done! The Scotland showroom included! Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 04:43 PM)Moonwalker Wrote: Hi guys,

One thing I have noticed whilst browsing the ads online, why is it more expensive to buy a Rallye than a Gti 6?  I noticed that brand new a Rallye was over 2 grand cheaper than a 6, so why are they going for more money now? Is it because they are a rarity?

All comments welcome as always! Smile

Because its all about the stickers:

[Image: rallye2.jpg]
It was more than likely a short run of cars with a fixed spec to shift.
Thanks given by:
IBecause rallyes are cooler!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 06:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Doesn't your GTi6 have alcantara already? It's nice and grippy but a pain to keep clean and bobble-free.

Apparently if you use a razor on the seats it keeps them bobble free lol
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2015, 05:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Rallye seats are just cloth in awful colours... Itwasntme

Just to correct you here tom.

-GTi6 seats are wank and do not hold you at all even the ph1.

-S16 seats are THE only leather to have in a 306

-Rallye seats are the don, Comfier and more supportive by a mile. so shut up.

Now thats out the way, the reason you have a rallye over a gti6 is all about personal choice! i love the exclusivity of owning a rallye plus the fact all the uneducated kids think they are the same 1.6 as in the 106 rallye lol boy dont they get a shock!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: