mod advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mod advice
hi guys just want to get your opinion on some subtle mods for my 306 that will make it stand out from the crowd already got in mind either gold or bronze cyclones lowered windows tinted new badges possibly colour code sprayed as I don't want to debadge it
any advice welcome
Thanks given by:
Its not subtle if it stands out... lol

Do what you want though, modding is a very personal thing, get inspiration from projects and pics on here but ultimately its your choice. Smile
Thanks given by:
As Tom says, have a look round the project and meet photos sections for inspiration, loads of material out there. This section is for mechanical repairs and modifications to the HDi engine, you might have a better response if you get a mod to move the thread to the visual mods section.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Like Tom says, it's either subtle or it stands out. I don't really know a lot about 306s so something that isn't obvisiously a mod I would assume is standard fitment. One thing that does stand out for me is a well kept engine bay. If you've got the time sort the underbody and engine bay, get rid of any rust and spray it all nice.
Thanks given by:
I think 306's which stand out are the ones which have parts on noone is using,like using jdm,vag bits or doing something.Or that crossing definitely styles I.e trackcar with normal with a oe sleeper style or 5 door 1.8 with jenveys.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Rota wheels, they make a 306 stand out. Slamwagon has a set and it looks the nuts.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 06:56 PM)7057sam Wrote: I think 306's which stand out are the ones which have parts on noone is using,like using jdm,vag bits or doing something.Or that crossing definitely styles I.e trackcar with normal with a oe sleeper style or 5 door 1.8 with jenveys.

sleeper is what im looking for tbh but just need to make it look nice as well jdm is not really my thing although they do look good if done rightThumbsUp 

my most recent thought is a good looking set of steelies?
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2015, 06:45 PM)Spoonaltap Wrote: Like Tom says, it's either subtle or it stands out. I don't really know a lot about 306s so something that isn't obvisiously a mod I would assume is standard fitment. One thing that does stand out for me is a well kept engine bay. If you've got the time sort the underbody and engine bay, get rid of any rust and spray it all nice.

I know what you mean, probably said it wrong im going along the route of lots of little subtle changes make a big difference e.g different lights, sprayed badges and wheels different exhaust 306oc sticker eventually when I can sort out my paypal account Angry tinted windows etc, not looking to go stupid and rice it out just want it to stand out from your regular 306, also given engine bay a clean might go down to auto glym in Manchester and get it steam cleaned and then maybe spay some bits on engine bay or put different hoses on
thanks for advice though

(19-03-2015, 07:01 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Rota wheels, they make a 306 stand out. Slamwagon has a set and it looks the nuts.

love slamwagons 306 props to his car just rota are not really to my taste, no offence intended to slamwagon Heart

(19-03-2015, 06:45 PM)Spoonaltap Wrote: Like Tom says, it's either subtle or it stands out. I don't really know a lot about 306s so something that isn't obvisiously a mod I would assume is standard fitment. One thing that does stand out for me is a well kept engine bay. If you've got the time sort the underbody and engine bay, get rid of any rust and spray it all nice.

not always subtle differences can make a lot of difference
Thanks given by:
Trim Gel the black wheel arch liners (as part your usual cleaning routine) this can make quite a large difference (can't recall if my Ph3 had black liners but on other cars the difference is vast).

Trim gel on engine bay plastic covers works a treat.
Thanks given by: