Good Quality HID Kits?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Quality HID Kits?
Hey all,

I am looking at getting a set of nice HID's for my pug. I am thinking of getting a kit for both the dipped and main beams which are both H7 conveniently. 

Which are good brands of HID's? Or does anyone have any specific knowledge of brands they have had?

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't know any particular brands tbh, but I hope you are using a set of projector headlights, and not the standard crystals? Crystals won't give the right beam pattern with HID's fitted, and will have no problem blinding other drivers.

If you aren't using projectors, I would recommend Osram Nightbreakers all day long, though I've heard good things about the Philips equivalent (forget the name of them off the top of my head), either way, they're an upgrade from standard bulbs. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are the 306 bulbs H7? If so be sure to sure H7r bulbs (if you're set on using HIDs without projector headlights)
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
oh god... here we go...
Thanks given by:
Search function is broke again, doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
H7R are designed for reflectors though arent they or are they just as crap haha?
Thanks given by:
They have a coating on certain parts to try and reduce the glare. Don't have any first hand experience if it so couldnt tell you if it's any good

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 07:33 AM)Piggy Wrote: Search function is broke again, doh

You can't search HID...has to be 4 letters lol. Tongue

On topic, just buy nightbreaker unlimited or Xtreme vision. HIDs in crystals aren't a good idea. If you've got projectors then fair enough.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 09:50 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

On topic, just buy nightbreaker unlimited or Xtreme vision. HIDs in crystals aren't a good idea. If you've got projectors then fair enough.

HID kit is 6? :p
Thanks given by:
HID or H7R hahaha. Both are impossible to search :/

However I am thinking it would most likely just end up blinding people even if I get the H7R so I will look at other alternatives Smile
Maybe a 55w set of H7 ones for the mains which people won't see anyway but when driving down lanes near me will be very useful.

Cheers guys Smile
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 09:54 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(28-03-2015, 09:50 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

HID kit is 6? :p

It isn't lol, needs to 4 letter words...so that still wouldn't work lol.
Thanks given by:
Stock is 55w isn't it? 100w is what people upgrade too but heard storys of melted wires

Thanks given by:
I think HID's must put out more light per watt than regular bulbs. A lot of HID kits are 35w which would sound like it would make it worse.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 11:35 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: I think HID's must put out more light per watt than regular bulbs. A lot of HID kits are 35w which would sound like it would make it worse.

It's because they don't have a filament like normal bulbs, they light a gas within the bulb
Thanks given by:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/...bulbs.html
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
As long as you can see better with them thats all that matters. I have h4r in My phase 1 have shutter bulbs and I follow wife and she don't have any issues with blinding or glare
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Is there any such thing as a 'good quality' HID kit?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got some h4 osram night breakers from eBay for 13 quid. Waiting for them to be deliveried, will give verdict! Got some 100w in atm and theres not really a difference
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 12:55 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: As long as you can see better with them thats all that matters. I have h4r in My phase 1 have shutter bulbs and I follow wife and she don't have any issues with blinding or glare

Link I posted explains why the subjective feeling of thinking you can see better further isn't an accurate measurement and your ability to react to things in the distance might still be worse.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Welldone hid!

[Image: 34A47606-3A6F-4316-903E-84DBDC661D00_zpsar2fkipl.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've had Hids for years, never had any comments about how bright or glarey they are... I have the ones with a coating to reduce glare as I thought this would be a no-brainer, and fine. No mot failure, no flashes, moans or paps... Also haven't had to change any in the 4-5years I've had them Smile
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Well having read that stuff I am not going to bother with the HID's. Going to get a set of Phillips X-treme vision whith don't have blue coatings and have much better quality light. I am half tempted to earth all the headlight points as well to a better earth to decrease the voltage drop
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silicon hose kits S16 3 1,438 02-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Last Post: S16