Would you get a GTi6?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you get a GTi6?
So been offered a black gti6 as a swap for my DT would it be worth it? 

[attachment=22394]

[attachment=22395]

[attachment=22396]
Thanks given by:
Depends what you want..

Insurance costs..

Fuel costs..

Modifications..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes. No.

Both answers are right, no doubt everyone will be along to fight their side lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
This is going to turn into the standard argument

Derv guys saying no, a XUD is the best thing ever. Can't beat it
Petrol guys saying oh that noise, got to own one at least once.

The simple answer is if you think you want one, get one. If your happy with your DT, don't bother Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 08:54 AM)Niall Wrote: This is going to turn into the standard argument

Derv guys saying no, a XUD is the best thing ever. Can't beat it
Petrol guys saying oh that noise, got to own one at least once.

The simple answer is if you think you want one, get one. If your happy with your DT, don't bother Wink

Thanks Niall Smile I don't know if I can bring myself to get rid of the DT but a 6 is something I really want, mods wise it's got the usual de-cat free flowing exhaust, induction kit and so on
Thanks given by:
They're slower than most modern diesel hatches, they're heavy on fuel and most are have been butchered and are fooked......

I'd have another tomorrow Tongue
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 08:58 AM)allanallen Wrote: They're slower than most modern diesel hatches, they're heavy on fuel and most are have been butchered and are fooked......

I'd have another tomorrow Tongue

Haha thought that might be the case lol no matter how bad french cars get we can't get enough of them 
Thanks given by:
I really doubt you can insure a GTi6?

Main question is, would you rather snap a con rod or a cambelt. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
tbh as a student id be running the XUD all day.

we can all aspire to a 6... i could have one... but dont... for some reason...
Thanks given by:
Isnt your dt insurance like 2k a year? Gti6 will most prob be 3k+ so just run some quotes lol
Thanks given by:
So the DT is £266 a month to insure and the 6' will be £330 a month to insure on my policy, I have 5 months until I renew so it wouldn't be to bad. Fuel is my only worry I hit 650 to a tank the other day and I know a 6 is roughly 350-400 to a tank
Thanks given by:
Personally.. f*ck paying that much a month.. Thats more than my mortgage lol!
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:21 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Personally.. f*ck paying that much a month.. Thats more than my mortgage lol!

Holy shit really? lol 
Thanks given by:
Yup, mortgage is 310 a month.. So if i was you i know what id rather pay for.. But if you dont mind paying that much go for it lol
Thanks given by:
If you try you can get 500 miles from a tank in a GTi-6. I average 35mpg in mine and that included hitting the rev limiter on most days.
I would recommend a GTi-6 to anyone. In fact three of my friends bought one after being taken out in mine. Such a great car for the money. Had mine 13 years and definitely have no plans to get rid of it.

Just do it..!
Thanks given by:
£60 extra a month is a tank of fuel!! I certainly wouldn't be paying that extra just for a '6. They're not even that good tbh. (oooh can of worms lol)
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:27 AM)Toms306 Wrote: £60 extra a month is a tank of fuel!!  I certainly wouldn't be paying that extra just for a '6.  They're not even that good tbh. (oooh can of worms lol)

That's a bold statement Tom lol getting ready for the abuse

(27-03-2015, 09:26 AM)PartyJas Wrote: If you try you can get 500 miles from a tank in a GTi-6. I average 35mpg in mine and that included hitting the rev limiter on most days.
I would recommend a GTi-6 to anyone. In fact three of my friends bought one after being taken out in mine. Such a great car for the money. Had mine 13 years and definitely have no plans to get rid of it.  

Just do it..!

They just seem so awesome 
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt. Basically.... youve got your reliable daily and youve got your fun track car.... if you get the 306 youre blurring the lines as youll have 2 fun petrols... neither of which are saving you money and you wont be able to progress your project as much...
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:36 AM)Eeyore Wrote: I wouldnt. Basically.... youve got your reliable daily and youve got your fun track car.... if you get the 306 youre blurring the lines as youll have 2 fun petrols... neither of which are saving you money and you wont be able to progress your project as much...

Hmm fair point, maybe I'll wait a while till my insurance isn't raping me then it might be feasible 
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:22 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(27-03-2015, 09:21 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Personally.. f*ck paying that much a month.. Thats more than my mortgage lol!

Holy shit really? lol 

yup and more than my mortgage!

(27-03-2015, 09:19 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: the 6' will be £330 a month to insure on my policy, I have 5 months until I renew so it wouldn't be to bad. Fuel is my only worry I hit 650 to a tank the other day and I know a 6 is roughly 350-400 to a tank

but then £330 a month is basicly what im paying a year to insure a 306 HDI and my GTI6

oh and no way can i get 400 miles from my 6 to a tank
but i do get 1 million smiles per tank at weekends minimum
Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:43 AM)cully Wrote:
(27-03-2015, 09:22 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Holy shit really? lol 

yup and more than my mortgage!

(27-03-2015, 09:19 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: the 6' will be £330 a month to insure on my policy, I have 5 months until I renew so it wouldn't be to bad. Fuel is my only worry I hit 650 to a tank the other day and I know a 6 is roughly 350-400 to a tank

but then £330 a month is basicly what im paying a year to insure a 306 HDI and my GTI6

oh and no way can i get 400 miles from my 6 to a tank
but i do get 1 million smiles per tank at weekends minimum
Wink

Insurance is the only thing putting me off. Think I'll have to wait till I get my first years NCB then start looking. I really want a black 6' hopefully they pop up 
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:44 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: I really want a black 6' hopefully they pop up 

most people want a black 6 it seems quite a popular choice which is why they dont come for sale that often

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:48 AM)cully Wrote:
(27-03-2015, 09:44 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: I really want a black 6' hopefully they pop up 

most people want a black 6 it seems quite a popular choice which is why they dont come for sale that often

Hmm that sucks, I'll just have to wait and see I suppose
Thanks given by:
If I was you I'd wait a good few years and let the price of your insurance come down loads.
I waiting 5 years before I got my gti6 due to insurance.
I now have a dturbo as a daily and my gti6 as my "fun" car.

But I'd choose gti6 over xud, but I like the xud because of veg burning and mpgz.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2015, 09:50 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: If I was you I'd wait a good few years and let the price of your insurance come down loads.
I waiting 5 years before I got my gti6 due to insurance.
I now have a dturbo as a daily and my gti6 as my "fun" car.

But I'd choose gti6 over xud, but I like the xud because of veg burning and mpgz.

Yeah looks like I'll have to wait. Ideally I would want my xud as a daily and a 6' as a fun car same as you. 
Thanks given by:
Yup not a good idea mate, the running costs would kill you, I couldn't afford to run the 206 as a daily.. I've been using it 3 days a week to go to and from work & that's enough of a hammering on the wallet as no matter how hard you try its just too tempting to keep it on cam all the time and bezz it!
Thanks given by:
I don't think waiting a few years will be any good. Decent '6s are already thin on the ground, good luck finding a decent one at a sensible price in 5 years time lol.

Honestly though, theres a lot of hype around '6s and people rave about them...and yeah the first time you drive one you think 'wow'...but after that you soon realise it's boring until illegal speeds and nowhere near as revvy as a 1.8. Unless you're gonna be spanking it down a B road everyday theres not much point owning one as a daily with the higher fuel and insurance costs imo. Especially a loud one if its got exhaust mods, there were days I took mine out and half an hour in just wanted the noise to stop as again it's great to start with, but soon gets boring when you can't do anything other than cruise at 30 without blowing your eardrums out.
Thanks given by:
^^ As someone who used one as a daily for well over a year.. I completely disagree lol

Yes it was noisy and could've been more comfortable and wasn't incredible on fuel, but it was f*cking fun!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you want one and you can afford it then yes, it's a good idea!

I'm still tempted by one but with buying a caravan I decided it wasn't the best daily, but I still might go for one as a weekend car if I can't find a decent 205.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I would sway your DTurbo for a GTi6 if you can afford it (budget for double the costs and you'll be pleasantly be surprised)

but

Don't get that GTi6!!!!

It's been owned by a f*cking moron:
The discs appear to be the wrong size for a starters, theres random wires across the bay, the car is bad enough that he needs to keep an oily rag tucked in the bay, the tyres have chunks taken out of them and any wheel that needs that much balancing weights is probably bent.

The GTi6 is an amazing car and genuinely drives like no other 306, It's not as fast in alot of situations as a stage 2 diesel but the day you find a clear bit of road out of a first gear corner and can rip through 4 full throttle 7krpm gear changes you'll never want the diesel back.
Thanks given by: