Stuttering Wipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuttering Wipers
My wipers have developed an annoying stutter when i turn the wiper on it judders across, it's not the rubbers as they were fine before, is it the sensor ir the wiper stalk?

This only happens on intermittent or automatic
Smile
Thanks given by:
Mine does the same, it's likely to be worn tracks in the motor. I just haven't had the time/motivation to pull it apart to clean it up yet, or the money to replace it. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm much the same, just curse the rain when its very light, I was hoping it would be a stalk issue though, easier to fix
Smile
Thanks given by:
I have a cabriolet I'm breaking, I can check the wipers work fine and sell you the motor.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get the motor apart, give it a good clean and regrease the tracks. Should sort it Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think i'll take the clean it up and regrease it, cos if I spend any more at the moment, her indoors will probably throw a hissy fit! :O
Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2015, 08:52 PM)Hdi and proud of it Wrote: I think i'll take the clean it up and regrease it, cos if I spend any more at the moment, her indoors will probably throw a hissy fit! :O

Why, is it her money you're spending? 
Thanks given by:
It won't be the tracks it's never the tracks!

Unplug the connector and take a look inside I bet there is green over the terminals. Give them a good clean, get rid of all the corrosion in there and I bet they'll work a treat after.

Don't forget to clean the female plug to, get a small paper clip, straighten one end and shove it into the contacts. You want it to clean the contacts by scraping the inside of the terminal. It'll make more sense when you look in to the plug.
Thanks given by: Hdi and proud of it
(22-03-2015, 09:41 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(22-03-2015, 08:52 PM)Hdi and proud of it Wrote: I think i'll take the clean it up and regrease it, cos if I spend any more at the moment, her indoors will probably throw a hissy fit! :O

Why, is it her money you're spending? 

Erm, actually no, but she's just very very good at making me feel guilty. Blush

(22-03-2015, 09:42 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: It won't be the tracks it's never the tracks!

Unplug the connector and take a look inside I bet there is green over the terminals. Give them a good clean, get rid of all the corrosion in there and I bet they'll work a treat after.

Don't forget to clean the female plug to, get a small paper clip, straighten one end and shove it into the contacts. You want it to clean the contacts by scraping the inside of the terminal. It'll make more sense when you look in to the plug.

This will be done in a few days time, got a couple of days off and intend grooming the car. Big Grin
Smile
Thanks given by: