air bag light.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air bag light.
I have a slightly different 1 from the norm. The light stays on for 2 or 3 seconds after the car is started and has failed the mot on it. Any ideas ????

Also it still does it with resitors in the seats 

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
get the fault code read.

however if the light goes out, why the hell has it failed?!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Its an xsi and my obd wont read the ecu. & im not paying peugeot £60 to do it. So looking for some other answers

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 01:56 PM)welshpug Wrote: get the fault code read.

however if the light goes out, why the hell has it failed?!

That's what i was thinking. Shouldn't it stay on permenant to warrant a fail?
Thanks given by:
Yeah the more i think about it there is nothing wrong. If you turn the ignition it will illuminate the go out and when started it doesnt re appear. Im pretty sure this is how it should be ???

Thanks given by:
Looks like your mot tester was just being a d!ck tbf. Does take a tad longer than i've normally seen, but surely failing a car because of a 1second delay in lights going out is a bit harsh
Thanks given by:
Its wrong. You can appeal against it easy enough. Its on the mot paperwork
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah you're MOT tester is a dick. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Its quite simple really. Its either on permanently to indicate a fault or not. Simple.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im fairly sure its standard for the light to come on and then go off? My HDI did it and im fairly sure the 1.8 did it too.
Thanks given by:
looks normal to me

whats the little dance the oil level gauge is doing?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 08:08 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Im fairly sure its standard for the light to come on and then go off? My HDI did it and im fairly sure the 1.8 did it too.

I think it's because it stayed on until the car was running maybe? Mine will go off after a few seconds of the ignition being on
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 08:38 PM)cully Wrote: looks normal to me

whats the little dance the oil level gauge is doing?

It means either the level is well below the gauge or its just not getting a signal from the sensor. they can get air in them the sensors.

(21-03-2015, 08:45 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(21-03-2015, 08:08 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Im fairly sure its standard for the light to come on and then go off? My HDI did it and im fairly sure the 1.8 did it too.

I think it's because it stayed on until the car was running maybe? Mine will go off after a few seconds of the ignition being on

So would his if he had of left it long enough
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah that is normal. Doh
Thanks given by:
Did you ask the tester/garage why it failed? Looks normal to me
Thanks given by:
I think the sensor is naffed on the oil level. Dont ever use it any way just check on the dip stick.

I didnt ask matt because its kerry's car n she picked it up and dropped it off. Im just gomna put back in and argue the point if its still a fail

Thanks given by:
Jamie tell them its clearly not a failure and unless he writes out a pass certificate (assuming that was the only failure?) then you will be contacting VOSA for a appeal. And believe me, they will not want that because they will go over their mot procedures with a fine comb if they see that the guy failed the car on that!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
do vosa look at places like this I wonder....they are asking the trade for common faults, ideas to improve the test....like brake pipes not visible above fuel tanks and alike........

perhaps I should shut up now but.......if the air bag does not light at all....then its not a fail!!
Thanks given by: