JP's M3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP's M3
Well, I waved goodbye to the GTi-6 a week ago today, which was very sad - but I had lost the love and it was time to move on.

I've been keeping an eye on BMW E46 M3 prices for a while now, as I've owned 2 x E36 m3's (one an EVO), an E46 330d, and an E46 330i Club sport.

All of them had their strengths and there weaknesses and were used for different things, at different times in my life.

Any which way, I went to view a few of these, looked at a few dogs and a few cheaper ones and came to the conclusion I needed to spend proper money to find a nice one as prices are on the up.

I settled on a very very late model, 2006 (the last year they made them) with a full BMW service history and comprehensive paperwork showing it has literally wanted for nothing.

To be fair, it drives like a new car and has polished up a treat. Sadly, it doesn't have SatNav in it, but hey... That's just extra weight!

I've given it a quick detail, had it on the corner weighting machine and had it fully 4 wheel aligned.

First mods are get the stone chipped front bumper repainted, along with the mirror caps and clear vinyl the front end to protect it.

I'm in two minds which way to go with the car, CSL intake, Supersprint exhaust and cats along with a ChipWizards custom mapping session for 400hp, or ESS supercharger for 575hp.

My worry is, even with the standard 343hp, its very lively... What will it be like with near 600....

[Image: 08422063bdf0e95f69abf142a30bf962.jpg]

[Image: 932ecae3bf18f8853a66ae6abf64ace1.jpg]

[Image: 859efd61c628bf4fb7ebfc0609e4d334.jpg]

[Image: 8eb4c3fc57a05eb9e4720b592d9fd094.jpg]

[Image: 3034f7b50c58c7ae293ebfdcddacbd39.jpg]

https://vimeo.com/122725745
JP
Thanks given by:
Looks stunning mate, always good to see you with a project as its gonna be good reading

Would love to have one of these one day but the cheaper ones just aren't worth the cost of the work most need doing
Thanks given by:
Looks rather nice Smile

"CSL intake, Supersprint exhaust and cats along with a ChipWizards custom mapping session for 400hp"

60hp gain on an N/A engine from an intake, exhaust and remap? The CSL are only 360ish..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, CSL carbon intake, MAF delete, supersprint headers, sports cats, x pipe, and back box with mapping gives just shy of 400hp.

Check it out on the m3cutters / CSL forums.

That is the max in naturally aspirated form however, unless you go for silly cams, and basically a full race engine build.
JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Jeez, that's a hefty hike alright. Bet 400 hp N/A would be interesting indeed, what sort of torque figure is that at, 300 lb/ft?

Although, I'd be tempted to supercharge...
Thanks given by:
They do pick up a bit of torque, but its mostly at the top end of the rev range hence the power gain.

Supercharging looks fun, but maybe TOO much power??
JP
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 09:34 AM)jammapic Wrote: They do pick up a bit of torque, but its mostly at the top end of the rev range hence the power gain.

Supercharging looks fun, but maybe TOO much power??

Never have TOO much power, as long as the chassis can handle it anyway. Check this out for inspiration!

Supercharged CSL 'loaded' edition 7:22 round the ring with traffic. Dat noise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMR9OVEDIY
Thanks given by:
I disagree. In my opinion, if you can't use all the power, what's the point? Maybe on a track, on slicks, but on the road on normal tyres it already smokes the rears in 2nd...

That is a seriously quick lap....
JP
Thanks given by:
I don't think It was on slicks, but semi's or in fact possibly top range road tyres, forum thread about it is down atm though Sad

Wider tyres sounds like what you need, believe this guy's was running 265's on the rear and 235's on the front. Also running some very decent suspension along with a proper aero setup, mahoosive rear wing and front splitter.

Oh yes, quicker than MANY bigger more powerful cars, Zonda F for one...

To be fair, using all the stock HP is still too much for the road, easy enough to break the NSL!
Thanks given by:
I have to agree with jp here. I know a guy with a 800bhp Subaru he cant drive on the road as its to much. I like enjoying cars not battling to fight them. Each to their own though. I do like these a lot had the chance to drive one I serviced recently. Shame about the 306 but moving on to bigger and better things.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Proper BM.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice, but I'd have gone E30 M3 Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ironically, the place u bought this from had one, the guys own personal one. £35k worth.
JP
Thanks given by:
Nice buy james

Prices on these have been dropping latey and for 6k you really get a lot of car for your cash.

Very interested to see what you do with it,will you take it on track ??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately, £6k buys a dog... I had to spend twice that to get a nice one.

Prices are now on the up too - many ropey ones out there, rust, broken sub frames, engines on their way... if I don't wreck it - I shouldn't lose money.

Yes, it'll be going on track once I've got the front end painted and clear vinyl'd. I'll be buying a set of the smaller 18" wheels and putting some sticky rubber on them.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Pilot Sport Cup 2's Smile
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Nah, A048r again. Great on track!
JP
Thanks given by:
Nice buy mate.

Only thing I would change for my personal taste, is the wheels to the standard 18s. Most people prefer the 19s though, still looks good! Just prefer the 18s for me personally. But otherwise stunning!
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 02:57 PM)jammapic Wrote: Nah, A048r again. Great on track!

I'd hate to think how much A048r are in 18's 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I think it's because they are universally regarded as the best car in their class, but I just don't see these as being as 'special' as they should be. Undoubtedly phenomenal cars, you wont find a bad review anywhere, but just don't tickle my pickle.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Problem with these in 98% of owners bought them not because they have an awesome engine, great chassis, brilliant brakes and great suspension, but because they can tell their dickhead mates they drive an M3.
Thanks given by:
I drive an Insignia.
JP
Thanks given by:
It has an upside, it means more have been driven gently.
Thanks given by:
I don't quite fit the mould...

[attachment=22277]
JP
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2015, 03:34 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I think it's because they are universally regarded as the best car in their class, but I just don't see these as being as 'special' as they should be. Undoubtedly phenomenal cars, you wont find a bad review anywhere, but just don't tickle my pickle.

Exactly this for me. I know they are a special car. Just if i was looking for a car with this performance and this price bracket, id look elsewhere but thats just me!

(20-03-2015, 04:38 PM)jammapic Wrote: I don't quite fit the mould...

Oh dear god. Could be worse i suppose, could have a BMW! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Salesman with a reps car and a m3 for fhe weekend... You're blasting that mould to kingdom come mate, well done you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 08:38 AM)Poodle Wrote:

Salesman with a reps car and a m3 for fhe weekend... You're blasting that mould to kingdom come mate, well done you.

Lol.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha. If I were a salesman, yes ;-)

But fair point. Touché
JP
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 08:49 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(21-03-2015, 08:38 AM)Poodle Wrote:

Lol.

FLOL
Thanks given by:
Very nice Jp, I've had an E46 M3, my one was Laguna seca blue with matching leather and HK.  I've got an E39 M5 now the 306 is my daily.
I'm also on M3 cutters, but mainly bmw car club forum/Bavarian-board.

Mine..
[Image: SAM_0776_zps41e1eee4.jpg]
[Image: 1510967_10154122002925431_75840060675613...73ca1b.jpg]

Paul.
Thanks given by: