Performace air filter Phase 2 Gti 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performace air filter Phase 2 Gti 6
Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section.

My Phase 2 Gti 6 has a performance air filter (induction kit) fitted. What power will my engine be gaining for this? My friend had a Phase 3 Gti 6, and he says that he has been told that these are a hindrance to the engine, and you won't gain any power?

You can hear the air filter on low revs, and my car pulls really really well! All comments welcome, as I can't find any guidance online.
Thanks given by:
So I believe there may be some heatsoak if you put a filter straight on the throttlebody instead of the standard air box. But I wouldnt say it was a hindrance. I doubt you'd see much gains.
Thanks given by:
You'll certainly get more induction noise, but I'd be surprised if there's any power gain over the standard setup tbh.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies, the filter is actually mounted to the bottom end of the engine/inlet manifold, my mechanic told me not to go thru any puddles or I would flood my engine with water! I may just take it off then, but it does sound nice.
Thanks given by:
I removed the puddle sucker off mine and reverted back to standard air box just to be on the safe side of water ingestion

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Alot of people say the originals are the best designs and the air filters are mainly of noise.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: