306 hdi EML how to reset

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi EML how to reset
I was having the anti role bar bushes changed. But while at the garage they checked why the EML engine management light was on and had the car connected up for free to find out what it was. The fault was the throttle position sensor you could hear the spring inside if you knock it. Also slight rough idle sometimes as well.

I have changed the part and the car runs better now. But the eml still on can the ecu be hard reset to remove the code and knock the fault code off?

Whats the best way to reset the ecu on the 306 hdi.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Needs to be reset with daig again.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
EML will go off after a set number of successful drives(drives without fault showing) think its 5. But the fault will still be stored on the ECU, you could always try disconnecting the battery for an hour. But as said most cheap fault readers will clear codes.
Thanks given by:
It'll be stored, but yeah, number of successful starts and drives will fix it, if not there's another problem Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  alarm reset Piggy 13 9,043 18-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Face.
  Service spanner reset Dan 22 5,485 29-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Last Post: ash23