Selling issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling issues
Sold my td04 to a gentleman on here who hasn't got many posts. Sent it to Ireland. His turned round and said its screwed and siezed which it is not. Why would I sell something that's buggerd. Specially on here. So I've said end it back and ill refund you. Am I being fair?

Plus people who have had stuff off me on here. Know I'm honest and hopefully realise I really don't stitch people up.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
More than fair IMO, how did he pay - is he going to try and screw you over??
I'd be fully expecting to get his knackered Turbo posted to you, or a brick.

Common scam.
Thanks given by:
Lets hope you get the same turbo returned! I wouldn't be taking bets on it being the same one.
Thanks given by:
Well I've got pictures of my turbo before I sent it. Its not a problem. Also took out the insurance when I sent it to cover damage in transit. As I do with all my items. I've got enough pictures to prove if its my turbo or not. Either way I should be fine.

Now on I only sell to people who I've had interactions on here with or people I've seen active on here. People should know me enough to know I'm not out to rip anyone off.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2015, 04:32 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Lets hope you get the same turbo returned! I wouldn't be taking bets on it being the same one.

This, i always mark stuff somewhere so i know if its the same
Thanks given by:
this is the video he sent me of the turbo. come to think about it my turbo was not oily in the slightest

can see the little dot on top of my picture i have one phone that seems to be on this turbo. so its gotta be mine. still im sure it wasnt seized. spoke to dpd who sent me to interparcel and they said that he needed to send me pictures to make a claim. which is an issue as you cant see it spinning in a picture. plus im not to sure he is game
Thanks given by:
So has he had it long enough to of potentially blown/knackered it if it's now oily?
Thanks given by:
His had it since 2. I pay the extra to recive a text when its deliverd for peace of mind. Maybe he just had oily hands. Who knows. Once its back in my hands and I'm sure its my turbo. I will happily refund him. If its seized its seized ill keep the actuator for later projects.
Thanks given by:
Hope you get it sorted dude, but this is why we have a post limit on the forum for buying/selling. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Where was it stored? Wouldn't be the first time i've seen a perfectly good turbo die thanks to being stored in a damp garage or shed.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-03-2015, 06:21 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Hope you get it sorted dude, but this is why we have a post limit on the forum for buying/selling. Wink

I know man. Completely agree with the rules on here. Should be fine.

The turbo was stored at my works place. It was fine when I sent it. I checked. It doesn't matter once its back to me ill refund it. I'm true to my word. After being ripped off I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else. Specially from me.

The way I look at this is its one of those things. I must've earned 200 plus quid recently from pug bits I had. I'll loose the £20 postage its still a good amount in the right direction the way I see it. If its good when it gets back to me Danny on here was next shout for it and he can have it for £20 so I break even. Happy then Smile
Thanks given by:
Hope it comes back ok mate

Somtimes selling stuff can be such a pain in the arse so much so I just sash bits in my shed now lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2015, 04:16 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Sold my td04 to a gentleman on here who hasn't got many posts. Sent it to Ireland. His turned round and said its screwed and siezed which it is not. Why would I sell something that's buggerd. Specially on here. So I've said end it back and ill refund you. Am I being fair?

Plus people who have had stuff off me on here. Know I'm honest and hopefully realise I really don't stitch people up.

Can also work the other way round aswell as i once purchased some motorcyle parts advertised as brand new & when i recieved them it was blatantly obvious they were used so contacted him for them to be returned & my money refunded & then he had the the cheek to say he would know if i'm trying to scam him & return my used parts lol
Luckily i paid via paypal & lodged a complaint & got a refund & returned his crap back to him !
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2015, 04:36 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 04:32 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Lets hope you get the same turbo returned! I wouldn't be taking bets on it being the same one.

This, i always mark stuff somewhere so i know if its the same

x2, i always put a couple of marks or draw a wee symbol on the part somehwere. I had a boy bring me back a part one day, and low and behold the markings werent on it, he made some excuse when i said it wasnt mine lol, dick.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I always mark parts with UV pens these days, you'd be surprised about how many people are trying it on.
Thanks given by:
Well I havnt heard back from him since I said send it back here's my address to send it to. We shall wait and see what happens.
Thanks given by:
So I havnt been contacted since I sent him the return address. I've messaged him saying if I don't get it back within a week I wont accept it as how do I know you havnt damaged it. I have a feeling he is trying to pull a fast one.
Thanks given by:
He has probably read this thread and realized he has been rumbled.
Thanks given by:
Made shite of it with a hammer. Was tippin the compresser housin thought it might free it up. Be grand. Probly got damaged in transit.

That's what I've just got back. Now his messed with it I'm within my rights not to refund the money, correct?
Thanks given by:
Correct. You had already offered a full refund on return of the turbo and he took the decision to try and 'fix' it after the offer was made.
Thanks given by:
So result. Just got another message saying it was going to cost to much to post back so he decided to attempt to fix or use for parts. Thank god for that. I no longer post to people unless I know\trust them.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 05:18 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So result. Just got another message saying it was going to cost to much to post back so he decided to attempt to fix or use for parts. Thank god for that. I no longer post to people unless I know\trust them.

Looks like he was trying it on then tbh
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 05:18 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So result. Just got another message saying it was going to cost to much to post back so he decided to attempt to fix or use for parts. Thank god for that. I no longer post to people unless I know\trust them.

Very wise. Glad this got sorted in the end, and hasn't left you out of pocket. Smile
Thanks given by:
Are you going to say who it was? Might be good for other people to know.
Thanks given by:
Not sure that's entirely necessary tbh, the issue has been resolved. Just be mindful when dealing with members who are still fairly new/unknown. Simples. Smile
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2015, 09:57 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Are you going to say who it was? Might be good for other people to know.

Cant remember name but it was in his for sale thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah its just more of a heads up to be careful. Just because someone's worked their way to 100 posts it doesn't make them reliable\trustworthy. The only two issues I've ever had buying\selling on here have been with low post count people. Just have a look on peoples profiles before you jump in and if they want something I will be saying pick up only. This way if they are not happy nothing gets sent via post.

Just to add both issues did get resolved one took almost a year though
Thanks given by:
Look in the for sale thread. Green 306
Thanks given by: