Hesitation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hesitation?
Hey guys

So finally got round to doing my clutch.... Good God the car is completely different now it's done, love it!

But now I have another issue, noticed more before the clutch got done, when idling, there's a slight hesitation and drop in revs, I've changed the spark plugs and its still doing it, ran injector cleaner through the system and used other cleaning to see if anything can be helped....I don't think it's the injector because it doesn't feel like a misfire from there... That said, I do think it could be the coil pack....But there is definitely a hesitant in the lower revs/slight misfire happening, has anyone else experienced this before? Is it a known issue?
Thanks given by:
Spark plugs? On an XUD? Or is this in the wrong section? Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah... Apologies, I'm using tapatalk, hard to navigate! Can someone move the thread to the right section please Smile lol
Thanks given by:
No worries, done for you. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
coilpack?
Thanks given by:
Thanks Wingnutz

Eeyore, that's what I'm thinking... Is there anyway I can test it to confirm? It's different on a bike lol
Thanks given by:
How does it react when revving? I had an issue once where I would get a slight hesitation on WOT and it was a blocked fuel filter.

Might be worth looking at?
Thanks given by:
Once she's warmed up, the hesitation/misfire only happens when idling

What else I've now noticed is if I push the clutch in quick the revs drop very quick (sometimes) another is when I'm going down hill if I push the clutch in it wil stall - this has happened 3 times
Thanks given by:
Could it be ISV related?
Thanks given by:
ISV? Sorry... No idea what that means mate
Thanks given by:
Idle control valve, throttle switch, lambda, coolant temp sensor
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Hi

Try this http://www.pugaddicts.co.uk/2013/12/guid...ntrol.html
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 10:24 AM)son of a beesting Wrote: Hi

Try this http://www.pugaddicts.co.uk/2013/12/guid...ntrol.html
Amazing! I'll give this a go tomorrow! Fingers crossed

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it!
Thanks given by:
It helped when I had a similar problem. Might only be temporary but worth a shot and could narrow down the issue
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 09:23 AM)son of a beesting Wrote: It helped when I had a similar problem. Might only be temporary but worth a shot and could narrow down the issue
Thank you mate, I'll keep you posted
Thanks given by:
Cleaned up my ICV, worked for a bit and has started doing the same thing again

Next question, going to order a new one, is there any different between the plastic and metal cased units? I can get them from work
Thanks given by:
Hi, from what I hear its best to get a proper magneti marelli one as the other can fail relatively soon.

At least you know what is causing the issue now.
Thanks given by:
Bought a Magneti one from work, going to attempt to do this tonight along with my brakes as they need doing as well... Argh one thing after another at the moment lol
Thanks given by:
It could be the ICV, but it could also be the CTS, the TPS, a coilpack etc.

If the ICV change doesn't work (good idea to just do it anyway all the original ones are buggered, had 3 gti6s and all 3 had an ICV problem at some point): does the hesitation go away once the car is up to operating temperature?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Annoyingly the app keeps crashing on me, but I've replaced the ICV, it's worked, have been trying to add a video, though there is a slight issue, the revs are no longer dropping which is good, but seems like a slight hesitation from the back end like it's still missing, but the engine is revving sweet and everything like that... Is that a known "sound" on the 306?

If I can upload a video then I will!
Thanks given by:
Maybe try a ecu reset? im sure also when you fit a icv on some cars theres a procedure something like turning the ignition on and off so many times?
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2015, 11:34 AM)vincent1 Wrote: Maybe try a ecu reset? im sure also when you fit a icv on some cars theres a procedure something like turning the ignition on and off so many times?

Not on these. You are welcome to disconect the battery for a bit but it hasn't ever done anything on any of mine - they aren't that intelligent and don't 'work around' problems.

I suspect lambda or throttle position sensor. Both can cause you initial throttle 'lag', easy to check the TPS as it can fill with oil which will toast it. You could unplug the lambda to see if it is then worse - they only use it on partial throttle so flat out should make no difference.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2015, 11:34 AM)vincent1 Wrote: Maybe try a ecu reset? im sure also when you fit a icv on some cars theres a procedure something like turning the ignition on and off so many times?
Did this, took for a spin, turned off, turned on again, another spin, off and the on again and was fine after that
(08-03-2015, 11:46 AM)adam b Wrote:

Not on these. You are welcome to disconect the battery for a bit but it hasn't ever done anything on any of mine - they aren't that intelligent and don't 'work around' problems.

I suspect lambda or throttle position sensor. Both can cause you initial throttle 'lag', easy to check the TPS as it can fill with oil which will toast it. You could unplug the lambda to see if it is then worse - they only use it on partial throttle so flat out should make no difference.
Hmmm I'll have to have a look, I checked the throttle cable and it seemed good, gave it a lube up but I'm not sure how much slack there's meant to be as out was a little slack - but can only compare this to a motorbike throttle!

I'll check the TPS and lambda, I'm hoping it's nothing too dramatic

(08-03-2015, 11:46 AM)adam b Wrote:

Bloody tapatalk!
Thanks given by:
It's on the underside of the throttle body, not where the cable connects. Worth taking any slack from the cable Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Took up some of the slack, seems a lot more responsive and no throttle lag... We'll see when I'm driving it later on lol
Thanks given by: