low miles Estate .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low miles Estate .
Hello everyone thought I should put up a project thread 
I have now got a 306hdi estate 
The car is really good condition apart from both skirts broken and the passanger is scratched 
The car has done 59000
This is the first 396 I have ever seen that still has an under tray Smile 

Plans 
Passanger wing 
Drivers fog light 
Skirts both side  - in the post need paintings 
De grease the bay
Paint a few dash trims
Might go cyclones 
Also stage 1 map
Da cat 
Also 40mm lowering springs 
Few pics Smile
Thanks given by:
where did you find 59k miler lol

Must be pretty mint
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 01:03 AM)7057sam Wrote: where did you find 59k miler lol

Must be pretty mint

You'd think that, but mine is only on 58k, and it's a bit of a heap! lol

Get some pics up when you can pal, sounds like you've got some decent plans lined up, be good to see how you do with it. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[attachment=22119][attachment=22120][attachment=22121]

It is a pretty clean car really the only think that let's it down is the side skirts and the passanger wing 

(10-03-2015, 01:03 AM)7057sam Wrote: where did you find 59k miler lol

Must be pretty mint

The car was located in St austell Cornwall about 4 miles up the road and he PX it for my bag or crap seat Leon Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice!!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile

[attachment=22122]
Thanks given by:
Just picked up some 40mm gmax lowering springs [attachment=22123]
Thanks given by:
Good stuff! You sticking with the Lasers, or have you some other wheels in mind? Not sure they work very well in Black tbh, maybe be better in a dark grey colour, or white might look pretty good. Smile
Thanks given by:
Good to see a project thread up mate and you back in a 306.

Nice list of plans, i would poss see about getting some colour coded mirrors as well tbh
Thanks given by:
Looks decent! good buy! how much was it?
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 12:46 PM)Frosty Wrote: Good to see a project thread up mate and you back in a 306.

Nice list of plans, i would poss see about getting some colour coded mirrors as well tbh

Well spotted that man, though mirrors are easy enough to spray yourself if you are that way inclined? Did mine in the boot of my estate! lol
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 12:19 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Good stuff! You sticking with the Lasers, or have you some other wheels in mind? Not sure they work very well in Black tbh, maybe be better in a dark grey colour, or white might look pretty good. Smile

I will stick with them for a min as they have good tyres ATM When it drys up a bit will get some better wheels for the summer

I had my seat Leon for sale for 800 in the and did a straight swap and he gave me a few spare bits

(10-03-2015, 12:46 PM)Frosty Wrote: Good to see a project thread up mate and you back in a 306.

Cheers mate
Yeah I thought about that gonna paint them at the same tim e as the skirts
Thanks given by:
I love the humble 306 estate, I call mine 'the herse' but it goes like shit of a shovel with a few subtle mods and I can get the kids and all their crap in the crap in the back! Everyone's a winner!
Thanks given by:
Well when over Darren the other day as he wanted a standard car to run on his dyno just a quick PIC of the out come on 3 runs [attachment=22146][attachment=22147]
Thanks given by:
Well I now have some skirts off Zak on here
Not to start the tidy up on the car will start sanding them tomorrow ready for a paint at sompoint as goes for the Scratch's on the door and wing my grandad used to work in a body shop so he is going to be sorting that out for me picked up some filler and primer to day Smile
Thanks given by:
Few pics of what I was doing this evening [attachment=22227]

[attachment=22228]

Also thought I would start to clean up an xud for a project to come in the future [attachment=22234][attachment=22235][attachment=22236]
Thanks given by:
Finally found the time to fit the skirts will look a bit better once I have washed the car 
Little before and after PIC [attachment=22251][attachment=22252][attachment=22253]
Thanks given by:
Christ i thought my car was dirty lol.

So is this ending up with a XUD in it?
Thanks given by:
Tell your down in the countryside...

remember its not your disco Wink
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 01:24 PM)Frosty Wrote: Christ i thought my car was dirty lol.

So is this ending up with a XUD in it?

Haha na it not
Not sure what to put it in tbh all the parts was cheap just gives me somthink to do when the Mrs is getting on my nerves ahah

Also what the best things and quickest was of polishing up cam covers and manifolds

(18-03-2015, 04:57 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Tell your down in the countryside...

remember its not your disco Wink

Washed it today by tomorrow will look the same i know it not my disco as the Esate does not have a hudge hole in the block Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap,

Might need to borrow your standard car again at some point in next week or whenever you can for another few power runs, if you dont mind Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I just cleaned my rocker cover with a wire wheel i put in a drill. Cleaned it up pretty nice
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 06:04 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Looking good chap,

Might need to borrow your standard car again at some point in next week or whenever you can for another few power runs, if you dont mind Wink

Yeah sure mate I will let u know when I'm free busy this weekend as got some extra work going on also need to crack on building my workshop maybe Wednesday evening
Also did u get ur laptop back?

(18-03-2015, 06:57 PM)Frosty Wrote: I just cleaned my rocker cover with a wire wheel i put in a drill. Cleaned it up pretty nice
Did not think of that was taking ages with wet n dry
Will give it a go
Thanks given by:
First time I washed the old girls only powerwashed her as I'm not into the whole polishing thing Smile 
[attachment=22259]
[attachment=22260]
Thanks given by:
What a night I had 11oclock get a puncher no torch could not see feck all got the spare all on and get 2 miles up the road and guess what another puncher fml
Thanks given by:
Another run on the dyno today 
Thanks Ruan and Darren for talking about the last run and found out that my Maf wasn't the best so swapped it for a spare that Darren had lying around made a better run Smile

Next plan is to do a service 
Map and some loWS
Cyclones 

[attachment=22369]
Thanks given by:
Seem to be the standard problem with my car 
The guy before has rounded off the locking nuts and done all the bolts feking tight so out came the welder 
Thanks  Darren and Chris for helping out 
2 down 2 to go Sad 
[attachment=22428]
Thanks given by:
What design locker were they? I've had good success with a reverse thread socket on 306 1s
Thanks given by:
Like this [attachment=22429]
Thanks given by:
Those ones always break!

I've had the other splined type for years without issue lol.
Thanks given by: