I can see why it's called eGay.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can see why it's called eGay.
[Rant]

Why do people think they can just ignore the winner of an auction just because they feel the price was too low.

At least.. I think they are ignoring me.

I won a set of 17" alloys on Saturday morning for a very reasonable price (Still >£100 though), and have sent 2 messages asking when I can pop over and collect them. I've heard nothing back, and I even included my mobly number in the messages. I think the seller probably thought they sold for too little monies (they sold for less than half of the 'buy it now' price.)

I know their postcode.. Maybe I'll just go and stalk their road. Look for a big man (his recent feedback included an XL shirt) with a 306. Or maybe he has sold the 306. I need more clues. His name is Lawrence!! Maybe I should go and ask people if they know where Laurence lives.

Why do people use eGay if they aren't willing to accept the fact that maybe their items are not worth £435032.25.

I was going to do cash on collection like I normally do for these things.. Maybe I should paypal the money over and see what happens..

I'm going to eat some cheesestrings now.

[/Rant]
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
oh shit. is that you
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you won them and they had no reserve then legally they are yours..................paypal the money over and see what happens..............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:If you won them and they had no reserve then legally they are yours..................

I think I have to paypal the money over though to have any grounds as eBay rules state that must be how money is transferred?

Edit: Just saw your edit ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I've won several items on ebay on the cheap, but the shitheds completely blanked me!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Streetview and find the house with the 306 duh
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Streetview and find the house with the 306 duh

Is it sad that I have tried this already? lmao
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Streetview and find the house with the 306 duh

Is it sad that I have tried this already? lmao
haha did you find 1?

My dad has had this happen to him 5 times on different cars in last 2 weeks as he's looking for new car. He's had 318 for £700 he rang the bloke which replied its not mine I'll ring you back and heared nothing. Today he won a 53plate Alfa for £850 and she being ignorant. And more but I'm not going through them haha.
But if people are going to put their items on eBay and they should be prepared to let them go for what they sell. Specially if your too much of a slimy flint to spend a little extra on a reserve!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:
Toby Wrote:Is it sad that I have tried this already? lmao
haha did you find 1?

My dad has had this happen to him 5 times on different cars in last 2 weeks as he's looking for new car. He's had 318 for £700 he rang the bloke which replied its not mine I'll ring you back and heared nothing. Today he won a 53plate Alfa for £850 and she being ignorant. And more but I'm not going through them haha.
But if people are going to put their items on eBay and they should be prepared to let them go for what they sell. Specially if your too much of a slimy flint to spend a little extra on a reserve!

I didn't find one Sad

I do now have this guys landline number though, so I'll give him a bell and see what's up.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I'm not one of those sellers. I've let shit go dirt cheap before! Look at the £130 twin pass I let go for £57. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
PayPal him the money. And then you should get an address iirc
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I just put stuff on eBay expecting to get sod all for them, if they gain interest/money then that's a bonus!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:PayPal him the money. And then you should get an address iirc

It's okay, I rang up and asked to speak with him, apparently he is in Barcelona at the moment. ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
try the landline in 192people or similar

Danny with cars you gotta always go and see these things before so you get a postcode
Thanks given by:
I bought a full powerflow system on eBay nearly 3 weeks ago before I went away, still waiting for it to turn up. Thing is the guy accepted my offer as he needed it gone and other things he had at the same time have got to people :|
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:
Matt Wrote:PayPal him the money. And then you should get an address iirc

It's okay, I rang up and asked to speak with him, apparently he is in Barcelona at the moment. ninja
you'll never see them.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
What it he's a much bigger guy than you Toby? :think: lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:What it he's a much bigger guy than you Toby? :think: lol

It's okay.. I'll set Connor loose on him 8-)
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:

It's okay.. I'll set Connor loose on him 8-)

Oh god.....I feel sorry for the seller now. lol

On a serious note, its not all ebayers! I sold a towbar today that cost 110 pound 6 months ago, for 40 f*cking quid, I still kept to it and let the guy have it though.
Thanks given by:
Post a link to the ad mate, we can ninja a lot more details than just his number
Thanks given by:
^^ This.. OC stalker massive 2k12 lmao
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We just been birmingham for a xsara hdi. Dings and scrapes all over it engine virtually f**ked. 03 plate as well web we notice price bloke was willing to knock price down straight away then when we found out about the engine he said we could have it for £400. Doubt it would of got us home though.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:

Size means f*ck all Tom!!! I know a fair few 5 feet tall fellas that weigh about 9 stone that you wouldn't want to f*ck with
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Request seller information thru ebay job done Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eGay were do i stand?? Chris_90 30 7,108 19-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post: gareth7
  So called friends Niall 16 2,672 15-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Ed Doe