Ph1 Remote Programming Issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Remote Programming Issue
Hi All,

Done a few searches and can't find anything relevant so throwing a thread up.  

I'm having issues programming my remote for the remote locking on kirsty's Ph1 XRDT.  I have a known good remote circuit,  (2 button from a Ph1 XRDT of the same year, so I'm assuming it should be the right type) which I have assembled in a new case with one of the blades from the car.  Red light light's up when the buttons are pressed, but I can't seem to get it to pair with the car.  

Could someone confirm the pairing procedure for me.  From the 1996 owners manual I have the following:

Doors must be closed and not locked.  
Use a key without the fob to turn the ignition to position 2 ("A" for accessories).  
Touch the receiver (located close to the front courtesy light) with the remote control key, which should be held at between 5 and 10 degrees to the horizontal.  
If the vehicle does not have a sunroof, bring the key in from the left-hand side.  
If the vehicle does have a sunroof, bring the key in from the right-hand side.  
Press the large button on the key until the LED is extinguished.  
Turn off the ignition.  

This sequence does not seem to work for me however :|

Could it be that the batteries in the key fob are no good but still have enough charge to light the LED?  Alternatively, is there something wrong with the receiver/locking system/I have the wrong circuit?

Looking forwards to help!  

Rich
Thanks given by:
Ok, so I diagnosed the issue with this.

XRs it would seem don't get a full remote locking install. The sensor is there up in the courtesy light panel, but the wires get as far as behind the headlining before there is a multi plug with nothing connected to it :/ sometimes Peugeot just don't make any sense!

Rich
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programming keys to different BSI allye 8 2,625 26-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Keyfob programming/confusion. Photos inside Dazecoop 17 6,762 09-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  1 Button key programming Chris_90 1 1,310 07-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Chris_90